Quantcast Large Group ADR booking on-line?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Large Group ADR booking on-line?

I used on-line booking for our trip in October (only three of us) and loved it. Does anyone think they will ever allow booking on-line for large groups? There will be 15 of us in May, 2010 and am not looking forward to booking on the phone!

To be honest, kind of freaking out about booking for that many on-line or over the phone. LOL!!

I did book for 12 in January, which wasn't too bad but 15 seems to be worse for some reason!

Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to call in to make any reservations for more than 8 people. I think you will have to phone Disney Dining.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they will allow group booking on line. There are just too many issues to deal with and questions to ask.

I have booked for groups of 25 and 45! Now that's fun!
    I never had any problems with the ADRs once we arrived. I think Group Dining does a terrific job of keeping everyone "as together as possible" in each dining venue.

I wouldn't worry about calling in for Group Dining.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Anything over 10 people you need to call Grand Gatherings.
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Grand Gatherings was worthless. My Mom tried them for our last trip where we had 13 and then told her just to call 1-407-WDW-DINE.

Completely useless ... don't waste your time ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question

We will be a group of 9 (4 adults & 5 children). Can I book online?

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Grand Gatherings was worthless. My Mom tried them for our last trip where we had 13 and then told her just to call 1-407-WDW-DINE.

Completely useless ... don't waste your time ...

Really, we have been using GG for our trip in 9 days for 11 ppl and they have been great!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

We had a very frustrating time booking for our group of 17. The friendly people at Disney Dining booked several of them including Ohana, Chef Mickey's, and Rose & Crown, but quite a few they told me they could not book, and that I would need to call the restaurants directly to book for a large group. These included Boma, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Teppan Edo.

That wasn't so bad at first - they gave me numbers for each restaurant.

The problems came when I actually called.

The number for Boma was actually the employee call-in line for both Boma and Jiko. We got a message each time, telling us to leave our name and shift assignment and any changes we needed to make. We left our contact info, explaing what I needed to do and never received a call back from them.

Multpiple calls to Disney Dining's main number resulted in them confirming the phone number and asking us to retry. We did this all day and never got a real live person, only the employee message line. At one point we had a cast member not believe us but who wanted to be very helpful, so she stayed with us on-the-phone and tried to transfer us to Boma with her. She heard the employee message line but because she had "exited" her automated reservation system to help us, she could only hang up on us with an apology and asked us to call back - the computer system had locked her out!

Eventually I put pressure on a manager and insisted they give us two seperate, nearly time identical reservations for our group. I was nervous we'd get nothing if I waited. The Disney Dining folks told me this was my best shot and to explain at check in that if possible we'd like our groups combined. We'll see if this happens.

So I call Le Cellier's direct number and get a different sort of problem. The friendly person tells me a manager must make the reservation and the manager is busy on the phone - can they call me right back. Sure thing I say. I wait and wait, making other calls while we watch the time slip away. Knowing how quickly this place fills up, I call back in 2 hours. The manager tells me she never got my info and apologizes. Then she tells me they only make reservations directly for groups of 20+ and since our group is 17, I must call Disney Dining. So back to Disney Dining, and they insist they cannot make my reservation and that for groups of 12+ I must call Le Cellier directly. Back and forth for two more calls and eventually I insist they split us and give me 2 reservations. Luckily it can be done.

So I call Chefs de France and no problem. Prompt, quick and in the book. Bing!

Then we call Teppan Edo and they tell me they only make reservations for groups of 19+ and that for anything less I must call Disney Dining. Also, even if I break my group in two, she cannot make my reservation since this date was 5 days into the start of our stay and she can ONLY make exactly 90 days out, no more, whereas Disney Dining can make 90 days from the start of your stay + length of your stay.

Frustrated, we decided not to go to Teppan Edo and changed our plans to somewhere we could simply make the reservation.
    Mr. K

Aug 1990 - The Disney Inn
    Nov 2005 - Pop Century
    Dec 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov 2009 - Pop Century
    Fall 2012 - Art of Animation
    June 2015 - POR
    April 2017 - Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

I read on a thread about a countdown timer that would tell you on what day you needed to make you ADR's. Could anyone tell me where to find it please? Thanks!!
    Kimberly
    Several times since 1989 as a kid
    March 2009 - Coronado Springs (Husband's first trip)
    June 2009 - Beach Club
    June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2015 - ???

the Magical Kingdom of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default large group reservations

Booking for the larger groups can be difficult. Do you have a travel agent? That's an instance where your TA can be invaluable.
    Nicole Courson

Post Thanks / Like

Anything over 10 people and you can't do online ressies, you must call Disney Dining.

Last October we had 13 people in our party and were able to book through Disney Dining for all of our ressies. This included Ohana, Boma and 1900 Park Fare.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: