Quantcast Star Tours II for 2011

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Star Tours II for 2011

If you haven't heard about the new Star Tours II, click on the "news" tab above. As you can tell by my avatar, our family is a all about Star Wars (our dog is named Darcy Vada for Darth Vader -- we joke saying "don't go to the 'dog' side"). We're excited they are updating this ride!!

What do you think?
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great upgrade! We just recently introduced the DDs to the Star Wars movies and they LOVE them! I wish I could do Star Tours, but simulators make me .

Post Thanks / Like

My boys, and DH, will be thrilled. Star Tours is always a must do for our family, so the update will be a welcomed change!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

im excited, but a little concerned. I love the ride in its current configuration, but even I concede that it needs an update.

Still, i have the image of El Rid del Tiempo changing into The Grand Fiesta and am slightly worried. The old ride was more about Mexico, and the new one has pretty much nothing to do with it. I don't like the new ride much...

I'm sure it will be lots of fun to ride, but next trip I will be sure to ride it at least twice to enjoy it one last time...
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Excited but would love to see them give riders a choice and keep at least a couple of the old version for people who have never ridden it. Nothing better for a Star Wars fan than flying down the death star trench and blowing up the death star! Doesn't seem like it would be much trouble to have both versions!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never minded the ride or the movie much, the thing that really bothered me is the stupid Pee Wee Herman droid that is supposed to be our pilot. If they do not replace that abomination, nothing will be improved in my opinion. As sad as it is to say, I would rather have Jar Jar Binks be our pilot.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not crazy about it. Looks like they're incorporating junk from the prequel trilogy, which I despise!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the prequals either! The original Star Wars Trilogy is the greatest. I hope they still leave some of the stuff from the first three.
    This one does need an update. I've even considered passing it up on some trips... never do though.

26 Days!!! Can't believe I'm in the twenties...
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that it will incorporate both. If you watch the teaser clip, the pod racer crashes and then flies into the sky, where the Star Tours 2 logo comes up. Hopefully in the real film, it would be you continue flying in space and then maybe this time fly into the Deathstar like on Return of the Jedi, could be really cool
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

i am happy its being renovated. i am not a star wars person, i find star tours outdated, and sometimes it gives minor motion sickness. i usually skip it if the wait is over 15 min. i look forward to the new one.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMe2EPCOT View Post
    I'm not crazy about it. Looks like they're incorporating junk from the prequel trilogy, which I despise!
    I feel kind of the same way. I like the original Star Wars films ... I love real photographed models as opposed to all the CGI models. This Star Wars II looks like it will be based on the Pod Racing sequence. I would rather have something that is more in space, a battle or something along those lines.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

This kind of reminds me of the arcade game. My DS9 and I use to play it all the time, I hope its not strictly based on the Pod racing. I can see them doing this to appeal to the younger crowds who have grown up with the prequel.

I won't mind if its a small part of the ride maybe leading up to a death star bombing

I am not saying I wont like it, because I am a Star Wars fan. I just hope it is more than pod racing.
    1995 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2002 All Star Sports
    2004 CBR
    2008 Wilderness Lodge and Coronado
    2009 Pop
    2011 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we will be in the minority, but my sons and I will really miss Capt "Rex" if he isnt a part of the new ride. I'll bet he's history. Imagineers..how about having him in the pre-show area (maybe being repaired or reprogrammed). Would be a nice homage to ST #1. I really like the idea of keeping a couple of shuttles to fly the old route, can this be done , Please ?!?
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I enjoyed Jar Jar.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: