Quantcast More than a day at AK? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I love all the parks so I won't get into this one or that one being better than the others. To me, each has it's own unique thing, and I'm glad they do, or what would be the sense of visiting more than one park? Anyway, we love AK. Our problem is, we go in September and they close so early. It is very difficult to do everything we like, KS, EE, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Tough to be a bug, and all the great shows, and pretty much everything else along with the parade in the short time they are open. People used to tell us that AK was nothing more than a zoo, and here in St. Louis, we have one of the best zoos in the country, so I was very hesitant to ever go there. One trip and we fell in love with it, and definitely a unique and different experience than some of the other parks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm friends with Al Gore.

Great answer!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WVParkfan View Post
    The AK is not about Everest or Dinosaur. For the 1/2 day people, it's all about running to EE for a Fastpass. To truly enjoy the Animal Kingdom, you've got to take your time and explore the Oasis. You've got to walk the many hidden paths around the tree of life. You've got to go on the safari in the morning and then return in the late afternoon to see the differences. You've got to stop and talk to the CM's on the Pangani Forest Trail. You've got to have lunch at the Flametree BBQ and sit out back by the water. You've got to get a Safari Amber beer at the Dawa bar in Harambe. You've got to see the parade (best parade in all of Disney World)!

I could go on and on. But let me finish with this... I'd much rather spend my time walking the Maharajah Jungle Trek than I would standing in line at Fantasyland for 2 hours to watch my kids ride something (Dumbo) that they could ride at any roadside carnival in the country.
    Love this post. Just pretty much describes my days at AK perfectly.

Only without the parade. I don't like parades :partypooper: . A second safari Amber at the Dawa will do just fine.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm friends with Al Gore.

that was good

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

We always spend like half a day at AK, even when we stay for the average 7-night, 8-day trip! There just isn't much to do. In fact, before Everest saved the Park, we just went out of principle!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We usually will end up doing a day there - may leave early. We have little kids and they don't always have the patience to look for the animals and what not. It is a beautiful park. KS is nice, the ride aspect of it is a little corny and unfortunately you don't get to see a lot of animals all the time, but that is the risk you have when the animals are free to roam as they will. DIsney did do a good job representing the African terrain and it is like being plopped down in the middle of Kenya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default More than a day at AK?

Our family loves AK and do quite a bit when we are there but do not need more than a day or even a full day to do so. Our kids are grown so we are not slowed because of traveling with small children and there are things we don't do anymore like playing in the boneyard.

We have learned to navigate AK park well and manage to ride our favorite attractions (multiple times), see 2 to 3 shows, eat and even check out the animals on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. However we could actually visit a second time to go on EE (DH loves) and a few other favorites.

You will need to consider who you will be traveling with, the time of year (more crowded times will mean you will be able to do less in the same amount of time you could do more during another time of year) and the pace you will need to maintain.

You can do this park in less than a day depending on multiple factors or if the park is one of your favorites and you want to visit at a leisurely pace and do just about everything during a crowded time of year you can visit more than one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    We almost never spend a full day at any park. We always park hop. So, we got to AK at least twice, sometimes 3 times during a 10+ day trip.

That's exactly how we do our trips too. I love to spend a morning in one park and go somewhere different in the late afternoon/evening. It gives enough variety to keep the kids happy.
    Polynesian Dec 2009
    Port Orleans RS July 2008
    Disneyland Hotel 2005
    Disneyland Hotel 2004
    Paradise Pier 2003
    Disney Inn 1991

Post Thanks / Like

On our 7day trips, we will usually spend most of one day seeing/doing everything at AK, but then we will usually go back to AK several other times during the week (we always have hoppers) to ride EE, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, KRR or other favorites. We do the same thing at all the other parks too. I don't think we've ever spent an entire day (open til close) at any Disney Theme Park. We usually spend mornings at one park, Take a mid-day break and then evenings at another or maybe two, if a park is open really late.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

AK is a wonderful place! The more they add, the longer it takes to see it all. However, except for the few must-dos...EE,Safari, TTBAB, Khali, Dinosaur...this park is all about the slowing down and taking in ALL the beautiful scenery, appreciating the attention to detail, and interacting w/nature! I don't think most people REALLY take time to fully enjoy all the AK has to offer!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We barely spend a whole day there. We don't even go every trip. We went this trip and tried to do everything but we were still done by early afternoon and didn't even stay for the parade. It is much hotter and muggier in AK than the other parks. I will say that the Lion King Show is awesome though! We went early for the Tusker House Breakfast and enjoyed that. Just not a park I will go back every time for.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

It is big park, bigger than MK and Epcot combined. I have family members that say it their fav. I enjoy just walking around and talking photos of the animals and then go back the next day for the rides. Some traditions are hard to break, LOL
    1986 Off Site
    1994 Off Site
    2001 Off Site
    2004 Off Site
    2008 Pop Century
    2011 Off Site MNSSHP

Post Thanks / Like

it is one of my favorite parcs,I am always amazed at the landscape and amazing theming,we always take a day,and then maybe 2 other mornings to be there
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We probably do 1.5 days there. We love AK and have alot of fun there
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Our DD was 4 and it was a perfect age for us. We stayed at the CR with a MK view -- 11th floor conrner nearest MK. It was awesome for her and for us.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: