Quantcast What's the most unique park picture you've gotten? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am constantly looking for unique shots to take at WDW. I get really close to something or I shoot from an old angle. I have so many I'd have to show instead of tell :P

One of my favorite I took a couple years ago was of a big group of senior adults at Downtown Disney. They were sitting in a row on a short brick wall with all of them eating ice cream cones. I couldn't pass the up!
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember another one! My trip last Nov. I was at the Polynesian waiting for the monorail. I happen to see a rainbow in the fountain while the sun was shining on it. One of the prettiest shot I have ever seen!
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

On May 31st, 2008 there were a lot of wildfires very near WDW. I was at Epcot looking at the smoke across the lake from the UK pavillion when I saw the Space Shuttle launch! I snapped a few pics - the best shows bright fire from the rocket engines, the rest mostly smoke trails. I had absolutely no idea there was going to be a launch, so the chance sighting was especially cool. It happened so fast that my DW & DD were using the restroom and missed the entire thing. I felt so helpless because I couldn't exactly just run in there to get them, ya know...?
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I too am always looking for unique shots. On one trip in particular (2006) it was my goal to take a picture of the castle from every vantage point. My favourite, by far, was the picture I got of the castle from the TTA. Just as you go past Stitch . . . the picture turned out fantastic!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Another favorite is actually a set of 3. At the fountain at the rear of the Italy pavillion, I have a pic of DW hugging DD from 1998. DD was 5. We then took the same pic in 2006 and again in 2008. It is really cool to see them all together. We will be there again this coming December, but w/o DD. We'll still take the pic, though.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My fave shot happens to be one that I took last year during the MVMCP of a closeup of the Castle. All the light twinkling was just so pretty
    I have it as a desktop on my cell phone!
    If you can dream it, you can do it ...Horizons
    **Been there, done that at Disney!!!**
    Next Trip:
    Post Mother's Day trip May 2016

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is of my DS3 at the time and DH- my dh was pretending to dunk DS3 into the fountain by the back of the castle. I am hoping to get the sme picture in Sept- DS is 6. It just looks very silly and my DS is laughing very hard- fun times at Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH snapped a pic a couple of years ago in front of the Haunted Mansion. I don't know how he did it, but the angle he got makes the mansion kind of askew; huge and imposing. The sky was darkening behind it for a storm and the effect was just fabulous. I have this pic blown up to a 8x10 hanging in my foyer, and everyone thinks we bought it from WDW.

Loyal WDW Fan Since 1983!

emmetlovesmaleficent Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    I am constantly looking for unique shots to take at WDW. I get really close to something or I shoot from an old angle. I have so many I'd have to show instead of tell :P

One of my favorite I took a couple years ago was of a big group of senior adults at Downtown Disney. They were sitting in a row on a short brick wall with all of them eating ice cream cones. I couldn't pass the up!
    cute

Post Thanks / Like

photo of my two young girls each biting their own turkey leg almost as big as their heads
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    I have so many I'd have to show instead of tell :P
    Put up links! I'd love to see them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,
    First time poster... first post...

My most unusal picture is acturally from Disneyland. My DD was about 4 at the time resting on a bench near first aid. The characters pass there on the way back stage.

Aladdin and Genie and Peter Pan and Wendy all sat on the bench with her. What an odd combination of characters. That is one of my favorite pictures.

From WDW.... taking a pic with Belle was very unique, since she was not dressed in her ball gown. Also taking a picture with Piglet at Crystal Palace. Disneyland doesn't have Piglet out to greet the guests.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a great pic of the castle at Christmas, but from a different vantage point. We were right near the front entrance of the castle, and looking up at an angle. It really is a different view of the castle (well, part of the castle) with all of these glistening lights on it.

I also got a pic with Elvis Stitch at the 2008 MNSSHP. He doesn't pose for pics...he was only on stage at the dance party, but a CM saw my Stitch backpack dressed as Elvis, and promised I'd get a pic with him "backstage". They had us wait near the CM entrance where they take characters backstage, and let me get a pic with him. He was then rushed away. Elvis had left the building.

DH takes a lot of unique and unusual photos at WDW, but those two stand out in my mind. We love to take pics of various signs and banners throughout the parks.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Taken in Oct. of 2004...the castle surrounded by fog. Really, really cool!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

When you've visited as many times as my family has you do tend to notice that you keep getting the same shots over and over again. My two DD's are teenagers and love to take funny shots. For example, standing far enough away from Spaceship Earth in Epcot so you can "act like you are holding it", hunting for as many hidden Mickey's as we can and taking pictures of them, picking the nose of the troll in Epcot, etc. Those pictures always make us laugh.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has taken some amazing pictures on our last couple of trips. On our honeymoon, we both had the special Mickey/Minnie ears (I had the white headband and veil, he had the top hat with ears) and we sat on a bench just before the fireworks and took a picture of our shadow.

He also snapped a great spontaneous picture last year in Morocco (Epcot). We were waiting out a rainstorm when the genie from Aladdin came up and pulled me into a hug.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic! No doubt my unique picture was taken on my honeymoon. Animal Kingdom had just opened and my husband and I were having our photo taken in front of the Tree of Life. A butterfly must have flown in front of the camera just as the person took our picture, because it was right in front of us when we got the pictures developed. I think we joked about a CM hiding behind a tree saying "Cue butterfly!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmetlovesmaleficent View Post
    what scene is this i must get a pic i <3 mr t!!
    It's to the left as you enter the house. You have to twist around to see it. You have to be very quick.

This was a strange pair: the cavemen
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Love the cavemen! What was that all about?

This got me looking at our last pictures (again!) and I noticed that a couple of the shots DH got of the castle during Wishes shows the stars and moon on it.

I love all the posts here - I'm taking notes! My m.i.l. took pictures of signs and some of our food while we were there with her in 2007. That's not something I had thought to do before, but I did on the last trip.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is of my DH (who is 6ft 7in) and built like a line backer. I dragged him to the meet and greet Character Connection at Epcot. Well Minnie took a real liking to him and followed him through the entire place until he would take a picture with her. She put her hand up to his face (it was a stretch for her) and made him kiss her hand...luckily I snapped the shot with his face bright red and all....ahhh priceless!
    1992 DisneyWorld (Contemporary)
    1994 Disneyland

1996 DisneyWorld (CBR)
    2004 DisneyWorld (WL)
    2006 December DisneyWorld (WL)
    2008 November DisneyWorld (WL)
    2010 October-November DisneyWorld(WL)
    2011 November Disneyland Resort- Grand Californian

2015 WL Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: