Quantcast Making Cast Members Feel Special - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    emmetlovesmaleficent Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
    For our last trip to WDW, my dad had the idea of focusing on cast members. He bought an autograph book and through out the entire trip all he did was get autographs from the CMs and taking pictures with them. My dad collected over 300 CM autographs and had like a 100 pics with them! Nearly every CM we approached told us how special they felt and how we made their day because of what we did. Some CMs even recognized my dad several hours or a day after they met him! They'd walk by and go "Hi John!" It was so awesome! Some CMs even ran around finding other CMs to talk to my dad. They were giving my dad free things. It was a great experience. The CMs were so incredibly awesome. They really made our trip even more magical than usual.

Has anyone else ever done this?
    Yes I have Holly from the Beach Club Character Bfast

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Fran is still at CSR. She was amazing! We got a picture of us taken in epcot about 3 days before we left and had it shipped to our resort. Well by check out time it still didnt arrive so we were kinda dissapointed. Fran went out of her way to make sure we got it. It arrived about two days after we arrived home and she called everyday til it got there. Cheers Fran!
    Next up CBR 10/31-11/8

Keep Moving Forward!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How fun! I love this idea! I wish I'd taken our girls picture with the CMs at the photo counter of the Buzz ride. They took so much time with them and told them what it was like to work at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    Last June, we purchased tubes of glow-necklaces (very inexpensive from places like oriental trading co.). Two of my teenage boys ran around one night at MK, during EMH, and gave a bracelet to every cast member they encountered. Every castmember was thrilled when we said "thanks" and gave them this small gift. It really seemed to make people's nights. It was fun to see our bracelets worn all around MK by cast members for the rest of the night, and very rewarding to make so many people happy (especially people who spent all trip making us happy). This is one on my fondest memories of all my trips
    I remember you posting this on another thread, and we are so going to do this when we go in October. I hope you don't feel upset that we're stealing your idea...but it's such a great idea! We're going to buy a bunch of them at the Dollar Tree down the road. Our two DDs will love giving these to CMs!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the gifts for CM's but I do try to strike up conversations with CM's when they are around. I've always found that you can brighten their day just as much as they can brighten your day. Random act of kindness always goes far.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I just think all of this is so nice since the CMs do a lot and never reallly get proper thankyous and I'm sure it must really make their day.
    AK Lodge - September '03
    AK Lodge - September '04
    AK Lodge - September '05
    AK Lodge - May '07
    AK Lodge - August '08
    AK Lodge (Jambo House) - August '10

"It's the truth. Its actual... Everyting is Satisfactual"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I've been thinking of making up 'business' cards with a pic of DW and I in our Disney finest with 'Thank You ...' on the front and '... for spreading the Magic!' on the back. Put them on thicker, glossy stock, and hand them out to CMs as 'random acts of kindness.'
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) This is a good idea.
    2) I do the same with my business cards. *
    3) They can show to their manager and get a "Fan-tastic" card (aka, "at-a-boy").
    4) Doesn't do a thing for pay, but it does make them feel good.

* In my real life, when I am not at WDW, I am a President/CEO. So, a comment card strikes a cord. I print on the back of my business card, "Thank you for a special CM kindness. Please show to your manager, as they should know how nice your were.".
    I really like these ideas. I think I'll look into doing something like this.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

My dad alwyas gets his pictures at each train stop with a tarin engineer just out of random adn then he will hop right back on the train! weird father i have?
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

This is a wonderful, cool idea! We've never done that, but have done some similar things (personally I've always been impressed by the CM's). We had one of the photographers take our picture... then we offered to take *her* picture. It turns out her grandkids had never seen her
    "at work", so when we got back home I emailed her the picture of her as a CM in front of SS at EPCOT. She was so appreciative! On the cruise, we've started making a point of asking for the handler's signature when visiting a character, and get the same very happy surprised response. It let's me spread a little magic, which I always love every time I go to Disney (or elsewhere).

There's an awful lot of inexpenssive things that I get more joy from giving away than I ever would from keeping them.

--
    Brian Davis

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) This is a good idea.
    2) I do the same with my business cards. *
    3) They can show to their manager and get a "Fan-tastic" card (aka, "at-a-boy").
    4) Doesn't do a thing for pay, but it does make them feel good.
    I've never heard of a "Fan-tastic" card. What exactly is that?
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

These all sound great. On our last trip, we took a few photos with a few of the dinner servers who seemed to be putting on a show for us, and they were pleased. I also decided that it would be a good idea to take a picture of the Photographers who do such a great job for photopass. We usuallky always start a conversation with the CMs on a pretty regular basis, and even more so when we see they are from "home".

Post Thanks / Like

I was recently in Disney World with 2 of my cousins. They're both 13 and were very excited to be there. We were having dinner at the Whispering Canyon and and one of the host passed our table after seating a family. When he walked by one of my cousins waved to him and said hello. When he passed our table again he made a point of saying hello. The third time he stopped and gave us all a bunch of stickers. On our way out my cousin wanted her picture taken with him and I told her to ask him. When she asked he said of course and asked her to wait a minute. He filled out a Magical Moments certificate and wrote that he was giving it to her for making his day. We got a few pictures, thanked them, and left. A little later I took her to the general store in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge for something and she dropped a note off at the restaurant saying how wonderful he was. On our way back to our villa she showed her certificate to everyone we passed.

Post Thanks / Like

Its awesome to see that there are others who appreciate what most take for granted at WDW.

The past few years we have tried to "grade" our CM experiences. At the end of our trip we reward our favorite CM with a treat from that park. Last year we met an awesome CM (cannot remember his name but he was from Costa Rica) at the Town Square Exposition Hall. On our last day I found him at the same counter and asked him what his favorite treat was in the MK. A few minutes later both of my kids made a "special presentation" giving him BIG cinnamon roll from the Main Street Bakery. He was stunned at first but quickly got a huge smile on his face, gave both girls a big hug and stated "i'll remember this for as long as I live"
    Two years ago we "presented" a Churro

It is so easy to thank someone for outstanding customer service.
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: