Quantcast Making Cast Members Feel Special

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Making Cast Members Feel Special

For our last trip to WDW, my dad had the idea of focusing on cast members. He bought an autograph book and through out the entire trip all he did was get autographs from the CMs and taking pictures with them. My dad collected over 300 CM autographs and had like a 100 pics with them! Nearly every CM we approached told us how special they felt and how we made their day because of what we did. Some CMs even recognized my dad several hours or a day after they met him! They'd walk by and go "Hi John!" It was so awesome! Some CMs even ran around finding other CMs to talk to my dad. They were giving my dad free things. It was a great experience. The CMs were so incredibly awesome. They really made our trip even more magical than usual.

Has anyone else ever done this?
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a great idea! I know they appreciate people/anyone noticing how hard they work to make our vacations magical.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that sounds like it was sooooo much fun for everyone!

On our last trip (October 2008), we gave a couple very special Grand Flo concierge CM's pins and a thank you note for all of the special things they did for us, and just for being so wonderful to be around.

Robert, our concierge CM in Sugar Loaf, really treated us like royalty. I found a special Walt and Mickey pin and attached it to a written thank you note and gave it to him around halfway through our trip. He seemed very surprised, and also very appreciative.

We also gave one to Suzanne, who was in charge of the concierge lounge staff in Sugar Loaf. She was so sweet, and wonderful to chat with every day. I gave a pin to her on our next to last day, and she teared up. We were so sad to leave our last day. Suzanne seemed just as sad as we were, and we both cried as we hugged goodbye. I really miss her, and can't wait to see her again. Even though we're staying at the Poly, we may try to stop by to say hello in December.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Not that exactly, but we have had some picutres made with some of the folks who went out of their way to make us feel special (including some very good waiters/waitresses in the eateries)...we tell them we want to remember them because they helped make our vacation special and they always smile and seem genuinely happy to oblige our requests.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

that was just a terrific idea- applauds to you!!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like an awesome thing to do! I might do that when I head out in two months.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

This is a FANTASTIC idea. DH and I are both in our 60's, and posing with the Mouse is a little overdone with us.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Last June, we purchased tubes of glow-necklaces (very inexpensive from places like oriental trading co.). Two of my teenage boys ran around one night at MK, during EMH, and gave a bracelet to every cast member they encountered. Every castmember was thrilled when we said "thanks" and gave them this small gift. It really seemed to make people's nights. It was fun to see our bracelets worn all around MK by cast members for the rest of the night, and very rewarding to make so many people happy (especially people who spent all trip making us happy). This is one on my fondest memories of all my trips
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

When I go in December (this year will be my third december) I hand out candy canes to the cm's. They are always surprised when they realize that I am giving Them something. The cm at the POTC was very surprised and said "wow thank you so much!"
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    Last June, we purchased tubes of glow-necklaces (very inexpensive from places like oriental trading co.). Two of my teenage boys ran around one night at MK, during EMH, and gave a bracelet to every cast member they encountered. Every castmember was thrilled when we said "thanks" and gave them this small gift. It really seemed to make people's nights. It was fun to see our bracelets worn all around MK by cast members for the rest of the night, and very rewarding to make so many people happy (especially people who spent all trip making us happy). This is one on my fondest memories of all my trips
    That's a cool idea. I might try that for MVMCP in December. It would be cool if I could find them in Christmas colors!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of people doing things like this and I think it's a great idea. Even if you don't give them a little gift or take pictures you can tell them thank you and give them a smile. I notice a lot of people just walk past CM's like they're invisible. I always try to thank CM's whenever they are helpful in anyway - for small things like guiding me to the right bus, or getting in/out of a ride, and I ALWAYS make it a point to thank the bus drivers for saving me from having to drive while I'm in WDW! Some bus drivers act totally shocked when you say thank you because so many people just walk right past them. I think CM's really appreciate being appreciated!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We have taken photos with CMs who we spent time talking to, etc, but I love the OP's idea.

On our last trip, our princess-loving DD wanted to do something for the princesses. I make jewelry, so we made a bunch of beautiful (and very wearable - not "costumey") bracelets that would match each princess' gown/clothing, and gave them out when we met with each of them.

They were all very sweet about it (especially Belle at Akershus) and seemed to appreciate them.

Post Thanks / Like

i love that. we don't go to that extreme but i love talking to cm's and trying to make them laugh.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

it is alot of fun!!!i've done that (on a much smaller scale).i noticed on our last trip that the cm working the counter at the coronado gift shop wasn't having such a "magical" day.so,when it was my turn to be checked out i tried striking up a quick conversation with her.
    after a minute or so of banter she was smiling and we were the best of friends for my 10 day stay.anyways,if fran still works at the cs say hi to her for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
    it is alot of fun!!!i've done that (on a much smaller scale).i noticed on our last trip that the cm working the counter at the coronado gift shop wasn't having such a "magical" day.so,when it was my turn to be checked out i tried striking up a quick conversation with her.
    after a minute or so of banter she was smiling and we were the best of friends for my 10 day stay.anyways,if fran still works at the cs say hi to her for me

If we go to the CS, I'll remember to look for her!
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    When I go in December (this year will be my third december) I hand out candy canes to the cm's. They are always surprised when they realize that I am giving Them something. The cm at the POTC was very surprised and said "wow thank you so much!"
    My mom has been busy for a couple months making homemade pins for us to pass out to the CMs and my most favorite band in the world, Off Kilter. Though it will be hard to figure out who to give pins to.
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Question making a castmamber feel special

that is cool I will ahve to do that with the CM's...I am making our mousekeeper.. up a small basket of goodies from Maine...mini maple syrup blueberry jam, crakers and a postcards plus some maine candy... each day I will leave a gift and postcard thanking them....

Has anyone do this instead of a tip...?????

Lori from Maine

trip Sept 7th -14th At STS...
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive never taken pictures with the cms but i always try to strike up conversation with them, most of them seem eager to chat
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking of making up 'business' cards with a pic of DW and I in our Disney finest with 'Thank You ...' on the front and '... for spreading the Magic!' on the back. Put them on thicker, glossy stock, and hand them out to CMs as 'random acts of kindness.'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I've been thinking of making up 'business' cards with a pic of DW and I in our Disney finest with 'Thank You ...' on the front and '... for spreading the Magic!' on the back. Put them on thicker, glossy stock, and hand them out to CMs as 'random acts of kindness.'

1) This is a good idea.
    2) I do the same with my business cards. *
    3) They can show to their manager and get a "Fan-tastic" card (aka, "at-a-boy").
    4) Doesn't do a thing for pay, but it does make them feel good.

* In my real life, when I am not at WDW, I am a President/CEO. So, a comment card strikes a cord. I print on the back of my business card, "Thank you for a special CM kindness. Please show to your manager, as they should know how nice your were.".
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: