Quantcast Kids IDs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Kids IDs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids IDs

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping ID on their children? I think we stuck paper in their shoes last time, but I was thinking of more of a clip on or waist bag this time. We can have state IDs made, so they would be the size of a driver's license (plus a paper with our cell nos., etc.). I'll have a 6-year-old, almost 4-year-old, and a 6-month-old (of course, she'll be attached to me). Also, is there anything else they should carry on them? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This would not work for everyone but I am a nurse and I use the armband from the hospital that we write patient allergies on. I put name and our contact info on it. I put it on when we leave and cut it off when we get home. Works really well if you have access to something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I put my cell phone on tape and inside their shoes. They know it is there and what to do if they get lost.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We used a Velcro ID Tag for DS's shoes.

I didn't write his name in it, just my cell phone number.

It worked well and have used it since. We actually receive a lot of compliments on it!
    - DisneyLuvRSince76 -

Contemporary: 1976, 1979,1980, 1982
    Disney Inn: 1985, 1986
    Polynesian: 1976-1992 (every year), 1995, 2002, 2007
    Yacht Club: April 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We used temporary tattoo's that you add your phone number onto last year, we found them online. They worked really well and lasted about 3 days. If you are set on the ID's you could go to Walmart and purchase the retractable ID clips that they have. They are $1 and can be found in the mens dept near the ties. We got them to use for PM EMH where you have to keep pulling your KTW card out. They clip onto your shirt and have a retractable string and a plastic area to put your card. We also took pictures of our child standing next to a height marker, we put all the vital info such as height, weight, eye & hair color on the back. My husband and I each kept a copy on us and one at the room just in case. Take a pic with your cell each am so you know what they are wearing if you get separated.
    Last edited by g8rgirl29; 08-17-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additional comment
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

We're using the engraved dog tags you can make from the machines and attaching it to DS's shoe laces. He's not quite 2 so I wanted something more visible.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We bought the disney id tags out of the machines inside the parks. They were $10 a piece, but our kids love them and use them all year round. They stay on their shoes all the time. I think it was worth having, and they got to choose their favorite disney character.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

To get the Disney tags, do the shoes need laces. We have velcro so don't know if that will work?

Post Thanks / Like

We get engraved metal dogtags made at Petsmart and use a safety pin to pin it to their shirts. If the kid is little, pin it to the back of the shirt, so they can't take it off.

You can also just write a cell-phone number on their arm with a Sharpie marker.

People who do a lot of running get engraved metal tags that fit on their shoes.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

As young as your kiddos are you really should get something that can be seen easily. I have heard that the CMs can't touch your child if they are lost. I actually saw this in action last year and really think the guy was nervous so I stayed with the little girl.
    Try the safetytats. They have a website. You get about 24 tattoos for $20. I am trying the one that have the phone number on the tattoo already this time. Last time, we did the ones that you have to write on with a marker. I didn't feel that the phone number was very visible if you messed up your handwriting on your wiggly child.
    I have read that the CMs look for visible ID like on their forearm. So that is wear I put the tattoos.
    Also, I have a child that wanders, so he gets the alarm bear. It attaches to his shoe and I have the remote to set the alarm off.
    PM me if you want to check out the safety tats and need a site. BYW..I have them already and they look great/

ChinaMama Guest

We just use a sharpie and write our cell phone number around the heel part of their shoes. Then it is on their shoes all the time - even if they get lost in the mall at home.

Post Thanks / Like

We have bought some ID's on line, they are like the papery/plasticky bracelets that once you take off the sticky stuff and attach it, they dont unattach without scissors. They are a neon yellow and say ID on them. and on the inside I write my cell phone. I actually used to attach them around their ankles, but now they are older and I do the wrists.

One day I forgot to put it on them, and the CM's were handing out character stickers to the kids in line at the bus... So I took one, wrote my cell # on it, and "If lost call" and I stuck it to the back of their shirts.

For that matter, before I found the neon ID bracelets, I had stuck duct tape to the back of their shirts and written the same.

Duct tape... never leave home without it!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the GREAT ideas! Now I just have to decide...

Post Thanks / Like

if you buy the disney tags you have the option of buying a necklace chain with them; which we opted for the girls bc sometimes they had dress shoes on; or bring a chain from home in prep for it. They ones there are $2.00
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I am planning on wearing my roadid when at the parks. You can find them online. They have velcro on them with a metal plate that has info engraved on them. It is actually something that runners and bicyclist wear. They have different types that go on the wrist, ankle, shoe, and dog tag style. Not sure they make them small enough for kids but you could ask.
    12/98' Caribbean Beach
    2/00' Dixie Landings
    11/01' Port Orleans-RS
    11/03' Port Orleans-RS
    2/05' Beach Club Villas
    3/07' Port Orleans-RS
    2/08' All Star Sports (for 1.5 days, but we still count it!)
    12/09' Port Orleans-FQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: