Quantcast Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part I

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club Babe's Gotta Getaway Part I

Cast:

Me Heather
    DH Ron
    DS Matt (20)
    DD#1 Courtney (19)
    DD#2 Ashleigh (16)
    DD#3 Emily (6)
    DD#4 Hallie (4 Months)
    DF Rose
    DFDD Theresa (19)

Trip Dates:

August 1st through August 10th, 2009

Transportation:

Southwest Air From Philadelphia for Myself, Matt, Theresa, Emily, and Hallie

Road Trip for Ron, Rose, Courtney and Ashleigh. Courtney's trip will only be one way as she is returning to college while we are there.

Resort:

Pop Century
    70's Section
    Building 6
    Rooms 6258 and 6259

It is Saturday August 1st and both travelling combinations are about to embark on our long awaited and much needed family vacation. As you can gather from above, some of us are flying and some driving, mainly due to the fact that we must also transport all of Courtney's worldly possesions back to her campus at Florida Institute of Technology.

Our car is packed to the brim and ready to go. Those travelling in it will be leaving at about 2 PM or so. For those of us flying, I am driving Rose's car to Philadelphia and parking it with Winner Airport parking. We have used this service before and had a good experience. I have an Internet coupon, so the cost would be $4 per day less. However, this company does not use shuttles, the deliver you to the airport in your own vehicle, for an extra $10.99, you can leave right from the airport upon your return without going back to the lot. we opt for that.

Our flight is sceduled for 3:05 PM, so we need to be on the road by 10:30 AM for the 2 hour drive, plus the 20 minutes they ask you to be at the parking lot, before you want to be at the airport. We are only a few minutes late in leaving. The drive to Philly starts out pretty uneventful, but with about 1/2 hour left of the drive, Hallie begins to get antsy in her car seat and is voicing her displeasure strongly. Couple that with the traffic that we encounter as we approach Philly makes for some nerve wracking moments. Finally, we arrive at the airport about 1PM. As soon, as I remove Hallie from her car seat all is well once again. We check our bags curbside with little wait and proceed to security which goes fairly smoothly and a lot better than I expected with a small baby and everything that goes along with that. We then find our gte and grab some sub par lunch at Burger King. It is not too much longer until we can begin boarding our flight. I have to say here, I do not care for the new way that Southwest boards their flights.I really didn't mind just the A, B, and C groups, but with assigning these numbers makes for a lot of trouble and confusion. Many people were ready to revolt. Also, family pre-boarding used to come before any of the groups boarded. Now it comes between the A and B groups, unless you have an A pass. We had an A pass so we boarded according to that. However, it Was still not an easy process. The first available seats together were 1/2 way back and I found it very difficult holding the baby and trying not hit others with the large diaper bag as I made my way down the aisle.

At least our flight was on time, and very uneventful. Hallie slept almost the entire flight. We made our way quickly to the Magical Express counter and were boarding our bus within a few minutes. Shortly thereafter, we were on our way. of course Emily made friends with the little boy in the seat in front of her. It still amazes me how she can find a friend anywhere and carry on quite the conversation! we arrived at Pop Century in no time and there was not much of a wait to check in, but the process took what seemed like forever. I had 3 separate reservations. A room only for the 1st night as well as the last night and then 2 rooms in the middle on the buy 4 get 3 free package. All of the reservations were supposed to be linked together so we would not have to switch rooms. Unfortunately, the last night's reservation was not linked and the room they had us in the 50's section was not available for the last night, so the CM tried to find us a room from which we would not have to move. No sooner did he find this after lots of searching, than did he forget where he found it and had to start again! Finally, it was all squared away and we made our way to our room facing Hourglass Lake. We were not there very long before deciding to head to Marketplace to grab some dinner at Earl of Sandwich. The line was huge, but moved very quickly. Matt had the Earl's club, I had the tunamelt, Emily had kids grilled cheese, and Theresa had a chinese chicken salad, all were tasty as usual. We then proceeded to the World of Disney where we bought Emily the 1st of her 3 planned surprises, an Aurora dress and getting 10% off with the Disney Visa. Time to head back and await the others arrival early the next morning.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What fun! Heather reports! I always enjoy reading about your visits!

Glad you are all settled in and ready to start another Disney adventure!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great vacation! I am looking forward to your reports!

Post Thanks / Like

yay!..i always enjoy your trip reports..
    seems so far things are going good!! a pretty much smooth arrival day..
    cant wait to read more!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to your trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

A great start to your much needed vacation. Can't wait to hear about the rest of Emily's planned surprised.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report- terrific start
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmmm...Chinese Chicken Salad!!! Alway's enjoy your reports!!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Enjoying your reports as always!
    Glad to read that the trek to the "World" wasn't too difficult, looking forward to your next day.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

We use Winner too, love it. Looking forward to reading more.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great to be there, good start.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Off to a good start Heather! Hallie's first Disney adventure! I hope your trip is a magical time filled with making great memories with all of your children.

I always enjoy your reports!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing with us. I have three daughters (can't imagine 4 It usually takes us hours to get ready in the morning, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.......wait a minute.......no nothing!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I always look forward to reading your trip reports, but this is gonna be a whole new experience with Hallie on board! Can't wait to read more!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: