Quantcast 3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

After Claire’s talk with Cinderella I asked her what they talked about. She told me school and different things like that. But the most memorable thing to her was the mice up on a rafter. I really had to look to find them.

Cinderella told her that they were frozen up there by the fairy godmother because they kept eating all the food. LOL

She also said that Cinderella told her she would have a wonderful time at dinner, but she didn’t want to spoil the surprise for her.

The other family waiting asked if I would take a picture of them, so I did. They then offered to take one of Claire and I, (DH was in the bathroom)

Skip came out while we were getting it done, so the lady then took a family picture.

And a few other random shots while waiting. I had to make sure this suit of armor didn’t get jealous of the other one, so we took one next to him too.

After a little wait, our name was finally called. We were the second to last to be seated for the night. It was full when we went in, but by the time we left the place was pretty empty.

Our march up the royal stairs.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the Pics!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just catching up, I must admit the pictures of Claire with Pluto brought tears to my eyes. great report can't wait for more.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

The report and pictures are wonderful. Keep'em coming
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinklover View Post
    I am just catching up, I must admit the pictures of Claire with Pluto brought tears to my eyes. great report can't wait for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by BPATSMouse View Post
    The report and pictures are wonderful. Keep'em coming

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the report so far and absolutely love the pics!

Post Thanks / Like

I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Wheter we go to WDW or DLR this winter, we're flying Allegiant so I wanted to ask you about your experience with them.

Were you preboarded because you had a child or because you bought seat assignments and priority boarding when you booked your tickets?
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    I am really enjoying your trip report and pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Wheter we go to WDW or DLR this winter, we're flying Allegiant so I wanted to ask you about your experience with them.

Were you preboarded because you had a child or because you bought seat assignments and priority boarding when you booked your tickets?
    We preboarded becuase we had a child. I did not buy the pre boarding option. We don't have a ton of carry on luggage, not is it big, so I don't think we would ever have a problem. I knwo some people bring on full sized luggage. What the heck? Why don;t they check it. And then they are trying to cram it anywhere they can.

Post Thanks / Like

Now for dinner at…..

We got seated. Claire checked out her menu, which you could color on as well.

Our waiter came out and introduced himself (I think it was Gustuvo?). He was funny and he opened up his coat to reveal a bunch of toy swords. He gave one to DH and I could see Claire eyeing it quickly. Then he acknowledged my birthday and gave me a magic wand. Again Claire was eyeing. LOL! He then gave Claire a magic wand and she was happy.

Here is the menu, a terrible picture again.

Claire ordered the chicken noodle soup, Hotdog with green beans, and the Royal Sundae.
    I got the corn and crab chowder (MMM good!) Prime Rib with little potatoes and Asparagus.
    Skip ordered the BLT salad, and the pork chop with mash potatoes, and I think mushrooms. I can’t tell by the picture, and I didn’t write it down. (Not good for someone who plans on doing a dining review. LOL)
    Skip and I got the Chocolate Buckle for dessert. The food was great too. I’ll go more into it in the dining review. But I could eat Chocolate Buckle EVERYDAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

After ordering our waiter came back with the appetizers. He told us that he told the Fairy Godmother that I was celebrating my birthday and she would acknowledge me. LOL! He also brought back a birthday card signed by Belle, Snow White and Cinderella. (I assume the other 2 princesses are there n the daytime.) He said that he put in an order for a cake for me too. He said this several times, but he never did bring it. I think he forgot towards the end, but that was OK, because there was no way we would have ever been able to eat it, and to lug it around would’ve been a pain too. (even though it is just a small thing)

Claire’s soup had carrots and celery in it, so I had to pick all that out for her. She won’t eat it if one of those accidentally slip in her mouth.

About the same time, the fairy godmother and Susie and Perla came out to do the show. (I don’t know which is which. LOL)

Claire was pretty much turned around in her seat watching. They sang and flew around the room. The 2 mice stopped by for a picture, but they were so fast I could barely get my camera up and they were gone.

Fairy Godmother was moving even faster, so it was really hard to get a picture of her, and she never stopped at the table. She just kept singing and running around. She did acknowledge my birthday and pointed at me. I think Claire was a little jealous of that, because she gave me an evil eye!.

Claire basically picked at her soup. She was too interested in the show. She did eat a little though. When the show got over, she kept asking when they would be out again. I told her I don’t think they will, because I think it was the last one of the night. She said maybe if she ate, they would come out again…AH, sure, if that gets you to eat.

Then her hot dog came out and she said she wasn’t hungry. I told her if she didn’t eat it, there would be no more rides, so she ate it, but not the green beans.

Finally the best part came. DESSERT!

I have to say it was just wonderful.

Claire’s sundae came with a chocolate crown on it. She basically dipped the crown in the ice-cream and then licked it off the crown. When she had enough of the ice-cream, she ate the crown. She was a bit chocolaty after that. Thanks goodness I brought along wipes. I think she did then eat some of the ice-cream with her spoon, but only about half, and Skip finished it off. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I also took various pictures of the inside of the restaurant. None came out all that great. I wish I had brought my SLR to the dinner!

We didn’t have a window seat, but the place was clearing out, so I walked over to the window and took this picture of the view. How pretty is that?

These pictures don’t even come close to doing it justice. It was beautiful!

As we were leaving, I tried to take a shot of Claire and Skip (who were in the lobby) from the spiral steps. Didn’t come out all that great either. LOL!

When we walked outside, I had to take pictures of where we just were. LOL! Those lighted windows are where we just ate!

And then I had to take a few of the mosaics in the walkway through the castle.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm enjoying reading about your trip and seeing your pictures! Claire is a cutie!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I love your report and pics. Thats the first time i've seen inside the castle I would love to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to read about your trip Lisa. i am so far behind in reading though. I have like 100 TR I subscribe too, I swear. Or at least it feeels like that. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

One cute thing Claire kept saying all through dinner was “I’ve seen so many characters today.” It was so cute, because she really only saw a handful, but was excited about all she saw.

After we walked out of the castle, we spotted Mickey and Minnie right by Sir Mickey’s.

I didn’t think characters were out during EMH’s. But I was wrong. We actually saw several out during the night, and heard of others. We only stopped for Mickey and Minnie. The CM told me the line was about 15 minutes where we were at, including the 2 minute cheesecake break the Mouse’s were taking. Skip walked off to smoke.
    I took some pictures of the windows of Sir Mickey’s.

Skip came back to stay with Claire in line.

I went off to take a picture of this statue nearby.
    I did one with flash and one without. I thought both were kind of neat.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally it was our turn to see the Big Cheese and his gal!

Now there should be one more picture, one with me in it..but I had given DH the camera and he can’t take a picture to save his life. LOL! He took it and I said the flash didn’t go off, and he said, “I took it”. Sure enough no picture was there. Thank goodness the photopass guy got one with me in it. (DH wouldn’t get in most of the pictures for some stupid reason)

While we were in line DH said he wanted to go to Space Mountain next and have Claire ride it. I told him the height requirement was 44 (Claire is 42 inches) but he swore it was 40. So to appease him we went over there next. I was right (of course, LOL) She couldn’t ride it. We walked over to BuzzLightyear and the wait was like 30 minutes! I got us a fast pass for later and we went on the Tommorrowland Transit Authority. Claire always liked this in the past, but this year she said it was stupid. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

We just made our ADR's for Nov. and were thrilled to get CRT for a B'day breakfast . Your pictures are great and makes me want to be there now. How cute Claire is with the characters too.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeydream View Post
    We just made our ADR's for Nov. and were thrilled to get CRT for a B'day breakfast . Your pictures are great and makes me want to be there now. How cute Claire is with the characters too.
    That will be so fun. And it looks like you are staying at Pop too. I just love it there.

Post Thanks / Like

Here she is on the TTA

We decided to make our way over to another “big girl” ride, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I took a few shots on the way over.

As we walked through Adventureland, we noticed that Aladdin’s Flying Carpets was just walk on, so we hopped on.

I suggested we hit Pirates too. Claire said “it’s a stupid ride”. What happened to my little girl who used to love pirates! I made her ride it anyways. It was walk on too. They were even sending empty boats. She seemed to enjoy it, but did make the comment that she didn’t want to ride it again.

I think this year she was more “scared” on some things, and in the beginning of pirates when they say “Dead men tell no tales” she was a little spooked.

We then went over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The line said 10 minutes. I think that was just about how long it took to walk directly through the queue. LOL! It was walk on, but the queue walkway is a bit long.

We were put right up front. She loved it too. It was fun, and it was neat being in front. I don’t think I ever sat in front on that before.

I asked while we were riding if it was scary, and she just keeps staring ahead and says “I Love It!!”

It was getting pretty late now, and Claire said she wanted to leave. But I insisted we go back and ride Buzz with our fastpasses.

I had originally heard that this ride was going to be shut down for the 1st 2 days of our trip for refurbishment. I don’t know if they got done early or what, but it was open, and I was happy. This is one ride we like to do on an EMH night because the line isn’t too long. This was the longest I had ever seen the line on an EMH night, so that is why we got the FP’s. The standby line was still about 20 minutes when we returned too. We got on pretty fast with the FP’s and enjoyed it as always. And once again I beat DH’s score!

Post Thanks / Like

We made our way up front, and of course I made my family stop for a couple of Photopass pics with the lit up castle in the background. I always love these pictures. But one guy must’ve had wrong setting or something, because our faces are blurred in every shot he took. And Claire shut her eyes and pretended to sleep. I guess none of those will be Christmas card material. LOL!

It was close to 1 (closing time) and I still had so much energy. I wasn’t tired in the least bit! I wish it was open later, though I don’t think my family could’ve made it any longer.

I tried to shoot a few pictures on the way up front.

We then headed out to the bus stop

It was a VERY full bus. Claire dozed off on the trip back. The bus was playing music and one of the Chipmunks songs came on. Claire perked right up and goes “Chipmunks!” And began to sing. LOL!

We got back to the room and settled down. Well, sort of. Claire was wound up. I think lights finally went out at 2. And it took me quite a while to fall asleep. I just have so much adrenaline going when I’m at Disney. I need no sleep. Why can’t I be like that at home? I finally drifted off and slept soundly for 3 hours. After that I was ready to be going again. But I tried to sleep again and dozed off and on till 7:30 AM.

We had a great 1st day. I think we got a lot done, but was disappointed we didn’t get as many rides done as I thought I would. We almost always do Dumbo, Pooh and Haunted Mansion on EMH nights since the line is not bad, but we missed those. But we did do some new stuff. We never did make it onto Haunted Mansion, (Claire just didn’t want to do it) or Dumbo, (as the lines for it are awful in the day) during our stay. We did do a lot of fun stuff though.

On to day 2!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: