Quantcast 3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics

Hi all! I'm new to these boards. I am friends with Mickeystoontown on another board. I thought I would come over and check this board out too.
    I am also going to post my trip report from our March trip. I love reliving it, so each time I post it somewhere it brings back the memories!
    I wrote it in word starting after the trip, and before I had recieved my photopass, so as I wrote it, I added my pictures in when I got them. I am going to cpy it the same way here. It's too hard to sort out where each photopass picture is to go.
    I hope you enjoy it!
    Feel free to ask me any questions about anything. I love to help out. And I hope this helps some people who are deciding whether or not to do some of the things we did.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! We just got back from a 6 night trip to WDW, celebrating my 40th birthday. The trip was March 8-14, but my birthday was actually Feb 14.

The cast was
    Me~ Jen
    DH~ Skip
    DD~ Claire, who is 4.

We have gone to WDW in March for the past couple of years (2007, 2008, and now 2009) and really enjoy it and the weather is usually pretty decent, and crowds aren’t too bad.

I took A LOT of pictures this trip, and will post a lot of them. It may start out slow, but once I get going, there will be a ton. And once I get my photopass CD, I’ll post those too. (I had over 200 of those before I even added borders!)

The basics…
    DH is a dairy farmer. I’m currently a stay at home mom. I have two older children, but they really don’t do Disney any more.
    Claire is DH’s only child and she is much younger than the other two, so we both tend to treat her like the princess she is. LOL! Claire also loves to dress up…so we brought a lot of costumes, and she prefers dresses to shorts, so I also brought some sundresses for her too. She’s a very girly girl, who likes to wear a dress out to the barn to help dad!

I also want to add that we have always started our trip on a Sunday, and the last 2 trips on Thursday Claire has gotten sick. We figure the reasoning may be over stimulation. (and last year she licked a pole on the bus too). So the goal was to try to take it a bit slower and let her get her sleep. (and no pole licking)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I see I already have a problem with posting pics? Is this becuase I am new, or is there something different you need to do on Intercot?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, got it figured out. They turn into links here.

Post Thanks / Like

March 8th
    The big day!!!!

My basic plans were to fly to Sandford, pick up rental car,
    check in at Pop Century,
    drop off bags in room,
    stop off in gift shop to get an autograph book,
    head off to MK right away,
    watch spectro magic,
    eat at CRT at 9:35,
    and get in what rides we could and stay as late as we could handle. (the park had EMH closing at 1.

Here’s how our day went.

I think I got up around 6:30. I got showered and ready. I packed the last minute stuff into the luggage and then loaded the car up. DH had gotten up to do some last minute work, and make sure the farm would be running smoothly while we were gone.
    I think I woke Claire up a little before 9.
    She was so excited. I got her dressed and showed her that a little note and present had been left on the counter for her. It was from Nemo.

She wasn’t to open the gift till the airport, so we packed it in her carryon. She kept asking how Nemo got to our house. Did he swim here? And how did he open the door?
    It was so cute.
    My dad arrived a little after 9 and was prepared to load the car, but I told him it was done. DH came in to shower, and I told him I was going to go put gas in the car to be sure we had no problems, since it was less than a quarter tank.
    (we have some gas pumps on the farm)
    It was pouring so I put on a hooded coat and drove out to the pump and filled it. Of course there is a big puddle in front of the pump as well..
    We then piled into the car, and I was told to drive. Toledo airport is only about 10 minutes from our house.
    My dad and Skip kept cutting up my driving, I was going too fast, then too slow, waiting to long, etc. I was getting ticked off. I swear sometimes it’s so scary how much my DH is like my dad. What did I do!!!!
    I also reminded DH that this trip is supposed to be celebrating my 40th birthday, and he’s supposed to be nice to me. (he totally forgot that part, of course)

We got to the airport about 9:45 and took our luggage in, and dad drove off in the car to take it back home.
    The line for Allegiant was very long. So we waited our turn. Very hard for an excited 4 your old, but she did fine.

We headed through security and Claire’s bag had to be ran through several times. They pulled out her leapster and her gift, and wanted to know what was in it. Luckily she wasn’t paying attention when I told them it was a game for her leapster.

We headed upstairs and got a seat. DH laid down immediately.

Claire and I went and got a cinnamon bun and she chose a chocolate muffin. We got a couple of drinks to take on board with us too. We sat down and I ate the cinnamon bun and Claire didn’t want any, and she gave DH the chocolate muffin. LOL!
    She then opened her gift from Nemo, which was a Nemo game for her leapster. So that kept her busy for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're ready to start a wonderful Disney trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the Pics!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just catching up, I must admit the pictures of Claire with Pluto brought tears to my eyes. great report can't wait for more.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

The report and pictures are wonderful. Keep'em coming
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinklover View Post
    I am just catching up, I must admit the pictures of Claire with Pluto brought tears to my eyes. great report can't wait for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by BPATSMouse View Post
    The report and pictures are wonderful. Keep'em coming

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the report so far and absolutely love the pics!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: