Quantcast I always bring _____ to WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waaaaay too many clothes, jewelry and shoes.

It's my security blanket....I feel better knowing that I have plenty of stuff to choose from, and never have to say, "Darn, I wish I would have brought __________".

Sure, I have to lug more bags, but I don't care.

Oh yeah....and my plush Stitch backpack. I never go to WDW without him and several outfits for him to wear. This time it will be his Christmas elf, Elvis and safari outfits, and his Hawaiian shirt. That's the only bag I take into the parks.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread...I need to begin packing for our upcoming trip so the timing is perfect for me! I bring most of the things mentioned here. This year I am going to pack in the gallon size bags for my boys!!!
    Also, I do like to bring the kids some glow sticks from the dollar store! These are great for parades or even dark rides if they are scared!!!! Much cheaper than the Disney light up things that your kids beg for at the parades, etc....

Post Thanks / Like

I always bring my Disney backpack, my Disney waist pack and my Disney wallet. I only use them for Disney travel, otherwise they sit next to my computer waiting for the next trip.

I always bring disposable rain poncho's, my camera, and everything else I can think of!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

You have 4 kids, I have 5! So, we both will have trouble keeping track of them.
    I get the safety tats or any id tattoo online. The have a spot to write your cell number on. Even the older ones ( I have an 11 year old) will benefit if they get scared and forget the number. And for the younger ones ( I include my 6 year old on this also- he wanders) I get those alarm bears for their shoes.
    And we also bought a cooler backpack at Target that we use to bring in drinks and it works good if the kids don't eat their grapes or carrot ( we keep them cool for later)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momof3+twins View Post
    And for the younger ones ( I include my 6 year old on this also- he wanders) I get those alarm bears for their shoes.
    We have "squeaker" shoes as we call them. I think they are actually made by Pipsqeaks. Every time our little one takes a step she squeaks! Everyone loves them! Luckily my children don't typically wander. But the little one doesn't stand a chance she can't move without us (and everyone around us) knowing about it! LOL! They even make sandals!

I've never heard of the alarm bears. I'll have to check them out.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Bengay and Tylenol!! After a super long day, a nice hot shower, rub bengay all over feet and calves. Next day...good as new!!
    2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter - December - Christmas Trip!!
    2009 - Was going in June, but now moved it to...
    2006 - POP Century - June - SWW
    2005 - ASMo - Christmas - DD's 1st Trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Water bottle covers with clips so you can just have your water hang off your belt loop or back pack. Gum. Sunglasses for everyone or hat for infants. Water/Spray fan, if you don't have one buy it the first day cuz eventually you will break down and buy it. Or Cheaper.. buy one at WalMart at home and bring it with you. Batteries and extra memory card for camera. Clip on retractable ID card holders, you can get at WalMart for $1 each(found in the mens dept. near ties & hankies). They come in really handy for evening EMH where you have to show your KTW card on every ride, esp with 4 little ones to keep up with this could come in really handy.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

I awlways bring [U]extra socks[U] to WDW
    Ohanna means family, no one gets left behind or forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

I thought of another couple of things:

(1) a Sharpie. It has so many uses.

(2) individual Crystal Light or Kool Aid packets for water bottles. Sure, water is better, but sometimes we want something with a little flavor.

(3) the kids' pins and lanyards. They have clip-on pouches that I keep their info in in case they get lost, and the pins that they get in trade are like brand new souvenirs to them. I usually only get them one or two new pins per trip because they get all new ones through trades! The ones I buy are sentimental and aren't for trading ; )
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Purex 3-in-one laundry sheets
    waterproof camera
    autograph books and fat pens

Post Thanks / Like

Cash And Rum Lots Of Both

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent suggestions! Another thought if one of your smaller kids may get scared/nervous in the darker parts of some of the attractions, we bring along a small light for them to hold. Not a flashlight that would annoy others on the attraction, but a small squeezable type (I think ours is actually Timon or Puumba) that just lights up inside of it, and no one outside of your "cart" will even notice. It provided comfort to our daughter when she was a pre-schooler, and we plan on taking it for our 2 year old son on our next trip. It also provided some entertainment while waiting in lines!
    POFQ Nov/Dec 2011
    POR (Oak Manor) Nov/Dec 2009
    Pop (2 rooms) Dec 2006
    ASMovies May 2005
    Pop (1 room, family of 4) Mar 2005
    CBR (Honeymoon) Aug 1997
    Off-site 1991
    Off-site 1988 (land/sea with a Premiere cruise)
    Off-site 1978 (introduced to Mickey as a one-year old!)

Post Thanks / Like

DS is now 7 but these are items we still take

travel stroller (holds a child up to 55 lbs). Helps us get through crowds easier then holding his hand, allows us to store stuff on the bottom and holds water bottles..ok so part of it is for selfish reasons

handwipes, sanitizer, small first aid kits, stroller cover, rain ponchos, ziplocks, ziplocks, more ziplocks. Gladware type containers for snacks and then packing souveniors for home

camera, memory card, batteries

sunscreen, more sunscreen and extra sunscreen.

always take extra pair of socks with us to the parks. A sock change midday can be very soothing and refreshing.

Always hit the dollar store before travelings for glowsticks, trinkets. During the holidays we string battery operated string lights on the stroller.

A big smile, a happy heart and a good attitude.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Nightlight(s), sanitizer wipes to wipe off remotes, etc., and most of all "happy hearts"!
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post

For me it is bringing a clear over-the-door shoe organizer. It has been oober helpful the past few trips!!! Keeps the counters clear and everything organized.

I'm really looking forward to everyone's ideas!!!
    Along these same lines - I take an over the closet rod shoe organizer. It has velcroe and you stick it on the rod. I put all our bathroom stuff etc in it. This way, it is next to the sinks.

I also take a power strip. It is easier to keep track of all your electronic items if they are in the same spot. Plus, we don't have to hunt down an outlet for each item.

This is not something I take but something we do (when we drive)...If you are using the in room safe, I put the car keys in the safe - at the end of your trip, you can't leave until you empty out the safe. I guess you can do this with airline tickets etc.

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Duct tape

You may laugh, but we have ended up using it at least once on EVERY vacation... It can fix a hem, Attach a clip on fan to a stroller that does NOT want to clip on, we tape the mouse keeping envelope to the bathroom mirror each morning so they dont miss it (yes they have missed it when we dont do this) And when I couldnt find the ID tags for my daughters, i ripped off a piece, used a sharpee to write my cell phone #, and stuck it on the back of my girls shirts in case "I " got lost. *(they never knew it was on the back of their shirts, and they would NEVER leave it on the front of their shirts) Duct tape is one of my favorite inventions EVER!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

My camera . . . and lots of memory cards!!!

Post Thanks / Like

When my kids were younger they were afraid of the automatic toilets in the World. We'd put a tiny sticky note pad in our backpack, then rip one off to cover the sensor so it wouldn't flush before we left the stall. After the kids were done and washing their hands, we'd take the sticky note off and toss it. My husband wanted to use 1 cent stamps instead (they're cheaper per use) but I was always afraid a stamp would be harder to peel off of the sensor.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Alex'sMOM View Post
    Duct tape

You may laugh, but we have ended up using it at least once on EVERY vacation... It can fix a hem, Attach a clip on fan to a stroller that does NOT want to clip on, we tape the mouse keeping envelope to the bathroom mirror each morning so they dont miss it (yes they have missed it when we dont do this) And when I couldnt find the ID tags for my daughters, i ripped off a piece, used a sharpee to write my cell phone #, and stuck it on the back of my girls shirts in case "I " got lost. *(they never knew it was on the back of their shirts, and they would NEVER leave it on the front of their shirts) Duct tape is one of my favorite inventions EVER!
    Your post has me giggling about the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding using Windex for everything! Duct Tape is YOUR Windex!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post more later, but wanted to share a tip I heard yesterday while I am thinking about it. For those who have little ones that are afraid of the auto toilet. Painters tape. Put two small pieces on the sensor light. (PIainters tape is easily removed).

I had heard of the stickie notes, but I would guess the tape would be cheaper, not sure.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012