Quantcast What is the shortest WDW trip you've done?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the shortest WDW trip you've done?

Hi everyone!
    We are thinking about trying to squeeze in a trip around spring break time 2010.
    However, our budget is tight and so we are considering doing a shorter trip, like 4 or 5 nights. On our past trips we have stayed 7 or 8 and still never feel like we got to do everything we wanted.

So I am wondering, whats the shortest trip you have taken to WDW? Do you feel like you got your 'moneys worth' out of it?
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you've been to disney before....and you'll go again....disney isn't going anywhere...so do what you want..stay as long as you can. enjoy. and know that next time you can stay longer...
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We've only been a few times:

DH got to go as a kid quite a bit, but says it didn't count, because he went BEFORE there was Epcot, etc. (Ha. It counts. I didn't go until I was in my 20's!)

I've been 5 times, but once was for HALF a day (doesn't count, right?!) Oh, and it was New Year's Eve, so we rode about 5 rides total (biggest crowds EVER). Still had fun, though!

2nd shortest trip was for a weekend w/ my DH and bro & SIL who invited us last minute b/c flights on SWA were $39 each way (those were the days). Again, still had fun!

3rd shortest trip (still talking about me here!) was a 3 day trip with my best friend from high school. She & I are in our 30's and she STILL had never been to WDW; I had to rectify that (saved for a LONG time, but we did it!)

Otherwise, DH and I have taken the kids twice (and are going again in November - YAY!) Both times it's been for 4-5 day trips and we LOVED it, so I vote YES, take the short trip if you think you won't be too sad to stay a "short" time - otherwise, just save up and take a longer trip NEXT year!

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

I have only ever done 2 weeks and that is plenty short enough for me
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we split our vacation and only had three days/4 nights. We also had a first timer with us. We wanted to show him as much of the World as possible. We went from morning til night. Quite a commando schedule for us. We still had a great time...beats the alternative - no Disney. I would say GO FOR IT.

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

I just took my DH for his 45th b-day and we flew down from New England on Tues nite & left Thurs. It was one of our best trips.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We did a 5 day trip one time, and it seemed so short. It was fun, but we sure would have loved a few extra days. That was our only visit that year.

DH and I also did a last-minute, spur of the moment long weekend in March of 2005. We stayed 3 nights, and had a blast. We didn't mind how short it was because we were returning in October of that year. We just wanted to "run away" and have fun for a few days.

Other than that, we do 10-14 days.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We went in March for 4 days, 5 nights. It was very short and we missed quite a lot but it was still fun and I'm glad we went.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

While most of our trips are at least 8 nights or longer, we've done two short trips. Once for only 3 nights since we were in the area for other reasons and couldn't not go. The other time was after a Vero Beach vacation and we surprised our boys, who thought we were going home, with 2 nights in WDW. Both trips were fun and we didn't care that we couldn't do everything. We've been plenty of times and know we'll always be back again one day so the shorter trips were just different, but still fun. We are taking a break from WDW next year, mainly due to my DH being deployed, but I am thinking about doing 2 short trips instead of our normal big trip. I'm thinking of doing 4 nights in the spring, and then 3 or 4 nights for Halloween. I expect those trips to be just as much fun as our 11 night trip we are taking this Nov. Its all about what you make of it!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

The shortest WDW trip I have done so far has been a 4 day trip
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 nights

Our shortest stay was 3 nights. We took a family friend who had never been before. There were 6 of us in the Ft. Wilderness cabins. It went by in a flash - but we had a GERAT time. Alot of exploring, and joking around.
    08/07 Ft. Wilderness Cabins (WAHOO!)
    10/06 All Stars Music (me & dd)
    6/06 POFQ
    6/05 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    1/05 Offsite and Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    8/03 Offsite
    3/02 Offsite
    9/99 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We've done a couple two nighters and DW has done a couple of one nighters (both at AKL) while in Orlando on business...I guess we are a bit different in that the absolute longest all-disney trip we have done is six nights....which was plenty long enough for us. if we are going to be vacationing longer than a week we always change the scenery at least once...or we tend to get a bit bored with things...(yes even WDW).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

4 days is our shortest trip and it's barely do-able. But if I only had an hour at WDW I'd still do it! Have fun!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My shortest trip was when I was working for an airline. I flew down to Orlando on standby, met a friend and we went to MK for 2 hours, then back on the plane and of to TX for work. Short but sweet.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

In the past year, dh and I have been able to fly down twice.

In September, we flew in late Friday night and left early Sunday morning.

In May, we flew in early Thursday morning and left late on Saturday night.

Both trips were so much fun and we can't wait to do some weekends this year, after our big weekly trip in November.
    November 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani
    May 2009- Old Key West
    November 2008- Old Key West
    September 2008- Beach Club
    October 2007- Saratoga Springs
    July 2006- Old Key West
    October 2005- Old Key West
    August 2004- Old Key West
    May 2003- Boardwalk
    October 2002- Old Key West

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We did a 3 night/4 day trip this past January. Since it was right after the holidays, it was mostly for the R&R, so we spent some time in the morning sipping coffee on the balcony of the BWV Studio we rented DVC points for.

It was a laid back trip and really did a great job of getting us ready to start the new year.

Knowing that we will be returning (although we had no plans, at the time, for making another trip this year) allows us to take everything in stride and enjoy just being at 'The Happiest Place On Earth'

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
    Don't get me wrong, we hadn't planned on being able to go back until 2011 or 2012 (because I am in school finishing my degree) so if we can squeeze a shorter trip in sooner, I am ALL FOR IT!
    But I was just curious as to how people looked at things and what they enjoyed.

Also, very true about going back some day so not sweating what we miss, I will try to remember that

Our first trip to Disney was during spring break time and the weather was great and we were able to do a commando style schedule that worked awesome for us! The next trip was mid-September and the humidity wreaked havoc on the commando plan
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when I was a kid, and the MK was all there was, we usually went for one day.
    But, more recently: In 2003, the first time my DH ever went to WDW, we went along with my sister and BIL for a portion of their vacation. We all flew down together, and DH and I flew back three days later! Although we stay for at least ten days now, three days was definitely doable.

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: