Quantcast Help with some ?'s

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with some ?'s

Hi,

I booked my trip for October with DH and Ds (6). We have never been this time of year and have never been to the Food & Wine Festival.

Should we plan on snacking at the Food & Wine Festival or is there enough of food to try to fill up on?

Which water park is better for a 6 year old, Typhoon or Blizzard Beach?

Is their (1) Fantasmic show or are their (2)? I thought there was normally (2) and then when I checked for our dates there, it just shows 7:30? So would you say we need to be in there by 6:30 for a good seat?

When Epcot has EMH at night is Illuminations still at 9:00 p.m.? For instance one of the nights we are planning on going to Epcot they are open till 12 mid?

Any ideas how I can get DS in the Star Wars show to "fight" with Vader. Is their a special place we should stand?

Are their any other must sees that I should plan on doing, we are going for 8 days, gettting their early at 10:40 a.m. so we have a full day on arrival and we have a late flight out the following week.

I have set up ADR already. I booked Boma and Teppan Edo, these are a first for us, we have never eaten at either one. Also booked Chef Mickeys, Ohana, TRex & Cape May Clambake?

Thanks for your help.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would plan a light meal, especially for DS, and then "snacking around the world" for the rest of the meal. Some portions at F&W are rather large, while some are smaller. But, you have to line up for each station, and the lines can be long.

My DD (she's now 11) much prefers Blizzard Beach. There is a kids area, and a tween area and the Family tube ride, as well as the wave pool (which has more continuous waves, instead of the huge one at TL). Overall, we really enjoy our BB time.

Depending on the night, there can be one or two showings of Fantasmic. I wouldn't be any later than 6:30pm, it can really fill up, especially with the limited number of shows.

Illuminations is always at 9pm, even on EMH nights. It is one of our favourites...sitting on the patio of R&C, DH drinking his beer and watching the show

I don't know if there are any tricks, but I would be there about 15 minutes early, to be sure he is in the front row, and a Star Wars t-shirt or facepaint seemed to help the time we were there.

Have a great trip
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

You can fill up on food from the various food & wine festival booths. However, be aware that there are often long lines which often are rather slow moving. We tried it out once and gave up because it was taking so much time. On our last trip, we did get one "snack" from one of the booths (Morrocco) as we had skipped breakfast that morning and still had a way to go until our luncheon reservation.

As show times for Fantasmic are now so limited, the stadium fills up even faster than before. A one-hour window might be cutting it close. You could find yourself with a standing room only crowd or an already full stadium. Others who have actually experienced the new schedule will likely weight in shortly but I suspect you need to allow more than a one-hour window to guarantee a seat.

Illuminations would still show and 9 after which the park would close to regular park goers.

Getting onstage with Darth seems to be hit or miss. Some folks have tried multiple times and not been picked at all.

If you haven't reviewed the attractions, I'd suggest getting a basic guidebook to ensure that you and your family create a plan of "must-sees" that fits you. Every one of us has different favorites and must-dos. My list might be full of rides and attactions that you and your family might not put in the same category.

Have fun!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We filled up an food and drinks around the world at F&W with no problem. You do have to be patient like others said as some lines can get a bit long. The lines were not bad at all in Nov. Try going on a week night to avoid the longer lines also as parks get busy on the weekends.
    12/98' Caribbean Beach
    2/00' Dixie Landings
    11/01' Port Orleans-RS
    11/03' Port Orleans-RS
    2/05' Beach Club Villas
    3/07' Port Orleans-RS
    2/08' All Star Sports (for 1.5 days, but we still count it!)
    12/09' Port Orleans-FQ

Post Thanks / Like

How about a list of "must do" must see things:

For instance Devine - where do I look for her, is there a specific spot?

Someone mentioned to go to Tom Sawyers Island and look for the paint brushes.

I am trying to compile a list of things not mentioned all the time, different things we normally don't read about and thinking alot of you know more than me???

Thanks for all your posts....I am so loving this site!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: