Quantcast Has Anyone Been to Sesame Place?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has Anyone Been to Sesame Place?

I'm taking my DD 2 1/2 to Sesame Place this week and we've never been there before. What is it like? I know it's Sesame Street themed (obviously), but I don't know much more about it. Are there any rides that I shouldn't miss? Is the water part of it too big for a 2 1/2 year old? Any tips/advice welcome!!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with my cousin and her twin boys when they were about 3 years old. I would recommend the Character Breakfast if they still have it since the lines to meet the characters were longer than they are at WDW. Most of the rides are small and appropriate for small children. They water play areas are suitable for young children as well lots of splash and play type fountains.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We've been to Sesame Place about 3 or 4 times in recent years. My kids love it.We ususally stay overnight at the Sheraton which is 2 minutes away and a very nice hotel. Great beds! We are going again in August. Here are a few recommendations:
    1. If you can, go during the week. It is not a huge place (by Disney standards) and gets crazy crowded on weekends.
    2. Get there when the place opens and you will be able to ride whatever you want multiple times...especially the water slides if it is hot enough.
    3. I highly recommend the character meals as you will meet a good number of chracters in a relaxed setting and there is plenty of time to meet with each of them. A breakfast is always a good option
    4. The afternoon parade is ok. Again, by Disney standards. Your daughter will love it though.
    5. They have their version of Photopass that we always use. It is not as exact as Disney's but it is nice to use.
    6. If you go on the lazy river do not go on the line near the big Elmo ship. There is another entrance over the bridge behind the "beach". You'll know what I mean when you see it. There is rarely a wait there.
    7. There is PLENTY to do for your little girl. She will love it. They have really gone a long way to clean it up. They took some tips from Disney for sure... including pumping music through the streets. About 15 or so years ago the place was a mess. It is actually a very enjoyable place now. Have fun!
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

We were season pass holders for the first 4 years of my daughters life. Yep, she even loved it when she was 6 months old! There are lots of fun pools with fountains and such that kids love! One of our favorites is the big duck water slide. It's sooo much fun for my daughter and me. She went on Vapor Trail (the small coaster) when she was 2 1/2 for the first time and also loved that. There are always waits for the non-water rides so we always tended to spend most of our time in the pools.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Next Trip: Sept. 5-12!!!!
    Celebrating my princess's 5th birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water park hints

Your post really brings back happy memories! My DD loved Sesame Place for several years (until she started wanting more thrilling rides LOL).

I hope your DD loves to play in the water activities, because that's SP's strength (or at least it was many years ago). 2 1/2 is not too young (unless she has a fear of the water). Many pools & play areas are zero entry.

If you want to do some of the dry rides or shows, I suggest trying to do them before she gets wet (and might get chilled inside, etc). Also, if there will be 2 adults, I suggest one of you try to stay "dry" as long as possible to be in charge of the camera, reapplying sunblock, handing over dry beach towels, etc. Obviously, she'll need a "wet" adult with her on most of the activities. Don't forget extra beach towels, lots of sunblock, sunhats, sunglasses, plastic bags to hold wet stuff, maybe even extra T-shirts to put on over her bathing suit between water areas. For some reason, we always went on a windy day- even I was chilled walking between rides.

Have a great time!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: