Quantcast Adult dining opinions please! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This is TOO funny !!!! Yikes.
    All-Star Sports

Let's Go.........Mountaineers !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe those of us who have been around here longer are more used to Rusty, but I didn't take it as being rude. To me "DDP types" referred more to the masses, and you had requested quiet and subdued dining. He never said that DDP types were unwanted. In fact, maybe you should read the words that were said instead of putting your own interpretation into it.

" Bistro de Paris
    . . . few kids
    . . . great service
    . . . no kid's menu
    . . . higher priced
    . . . not on DDP,so keeps the DDP types away""

Remember, communication is a two-way street, not just the sender's responsibility. You could have always asked what he meant by "DDP types".

On the original subject, I would highly recommend the Flying Fish. It was one of the most enjoyable meals of our last girls' only trip. The only child we saw was a baby about 8 months old eating next to us with her grandmother while her parents were out on their own "date". She was adorable and quiet.

I've also heard good things about Artist Point.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Well guess I have to step in and say that I have used the Disney Dining Plan on our last trip. I did not take offense at the "DDP types" comment. Instead I took it to mean simply that the place would be less crowded.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to choose to ignore the DDP Type side conversation and instead, correct one piece of miss-information from an earlier post. While I whole heartedly agree that the wine room @ Cali Grill is a wonderful change of pace, it is not a kid free zone. We ate there last month and had our very well behaved 10 & 13 year olds with us. Additionally, there was another family seated in there with there two boys.

So, while I would recommend it as a requested seating location, it does not guarantee "kid free"
    *1972-Contemporary
    *1982-Tree House Village
    *1987-Offsite
    *1997-AS Music
    *2000-CS
    *2004-Offsite
    *2005-Disneyland
    *2006-WL
    *2007-AS Sports
    *2008-AKV/WLV/BCV and 4-day Disney Wonder
    *2009-POP/AKV
    *2009-OKW for Christmas
    *2010-BLT
    *2011-Spring Break: Offsite-Sheraton Vistana
    *2011-OKW/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Maybe those of us who have been around here longer are more used to Rusty, but I didn't take it as being rude. To me "DDP types" referred more to the masses, and you had requested quiet and subdued dining. He never said that DDP types were unwanted. In fact, maybe you should read the words that were said instead of putting your own interpretation into it.

" Bistro de Paris
    . . . few kids
    . . . great service
    . . . no kid's menu
    . . . higher priced
    . . . not on DDP,so keeps the DDP types away""

Remember, communication is a two-way street, not just the sender's responsibility. You could have always asked what he meant by "DDP types".

Someone did ask. And Rusty backtracked to say that he meant DDP = kids. Which is not what he said initially.

I have "been around" for a while (5+ years) regardless of the # of posts you see under my name and I have often found his communication style to be open for misinterpretation as antagonistic and brash. Which was proven by the people here who were offended and asked him about it or responded about it.

All communication is subject to interpretation and thus, when communication is written, one must take extra care when choosing words and phrasing because there is no vocal inflection to help the reader along.

Reading the words literally, he specifically said, "keeps the DDP types away." Why on earth does anyone care about keeping people in the DDP away? Because those ARE the words that Rusty said. In my experience most of the WDW restaurants operate close to capacity anyway during peak meal times, whether they are full of people paying through the DDP or not, is irrelevant to how close the tables are, or how many children are often there.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Also - As much as I would like to continue the debate until all parties understand that you should always watch what you say...

I would like to request to the moderators to remove this post. It is getting off topic and I've had my original question answered sufficiently. I would prefer to avoid any more people getting offended. If others would like to make dining recommendations to me, please feel free to PM me with them. I have received very good suggestions and appreciate them very much.

Thanks!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Victoria and Albert's would also be a good choice. It looks like you tend toward higher-end places anyway, so this shouldn't be out of range. The food and service is outstanding. The atmosphere is, naturally, very adult, and children under ten are excluded. I think that they would easily accommodate adventurous and conservative eaters.
    -- End of line

Post Thanks / Like

As the poster said her question has been answered and requested that the thread be closed, I shall close the topic.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: