Quantcast Former NFL quarterback McNair found dead

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Former NFL quarterback McNair found dead

Saturday, July 4, 2009
    Report: McNair found dead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, police said, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville. A female victim was also found dead, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. Aaron said the woman has not been identified, pending notification of next of kin.

The incident happened near 2nd South & Lea Ave in Nashville.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL, 11 were with the Titans. He played his final two years with the Baltimore Ravens, retiring after the 2007 season.

McNair was picked third overall in the 1995 draft out of Alcorn State by the then Houston Oilers.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad day for Titan's fans. He was a fav of DS!7.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I was just coming on to report this but Christine beat me to it.

Very sad news
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that. What a horrible story.
    All-Star Sports (Sep 08)
    Caribbean Beach - Pirate Rooms (Sep 09)
    All-Star Sports (Sep 10)
    Port Orleans Riverside (Dec 11)
    Port Orleans Riverside (Feb 13)

Post Thanks / Like

Not a time to be a celebrity...

R.I.P. McNair...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the last update.

Former NFL quarterback McNair killed in Tennessee
    By KRISTIN M. HALL, Associated Press Writer
    38 minutes ago

AP - Jul 4, 5:28 pm EDT NFL Gallery NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair(notes) has been shot and killed.

Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron confirmed that police were called to a residence and found McNair and a woman shot to death inside. Aaron said authorities don’t yet know the circumstances of the shooting.

“I don’t have any answers for you now as to what’s happened, who’s responsible,” he said.

Aaron said police have tentatively identified the woman but did not release her name.

McNair played 13 seasons in the NFL and led the Titans within a yard of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl. The former third overall draft pick also played for the Baltimore Ravens before retiring after the 2007 season.

“He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans,” Titans owner Bud Adams said in a statement. “He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl.”

Post Thanks / Like

Completely in shock

He was not only our long-time quarterback but was very active in the community. He worked with several charities over the years and had just opened a restaurant in North Nashville last week.

He will be missed. RIP
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

What a tragedy. Very sad.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Very sad ... reminds me a little of the whole Sean Taylor thing.

And that makes 6 ... McMahon, Fawcet, Jackson, Mays, Malden, and McNair ... they say these things always happen in 3's.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This is sounding more and more like some love triangle, murder/suicide kind of thing.

Stories are leaking out now that the woman was found with a gunshot wound to the head and a pistol in the floor nearby. Allegedly, the woman was McNair's girlfriend (he's also married).

Honestly ... and obviously all the facts aren't in yet so I could be jumping the gun ... but this sounds like yet another professional athlete's life cut needlessly short due to bad lifestyle choices.
    Ian șOș

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

You know Ian, I hope you're wrong and it wasn't another case of a poor lifestyle choice but the evidence certainly supports that theory now. What a tragic loss for his family.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This is sounding more and more like some love triangle, murder/suicide kind of thing.

Stories are leaking out now that the woman was found with a gunshot wound to the head and a pistol in the floor nearby. Allegedly, the woman was McNair's girlfriend (he's also married).

Honestly ... and obviously all the facts aren't in yet so I could be jumping the gun ... but this sounds like yet another professional athlete's life cut needlessly short due to bad lifestyle choices.
    Don't have to be a professional athlete to make that bad lifestyle choice. I think statistics show that 50-60% will cheat on their spouses? Though it is true that percentage of pro athletes who are unfaithful is much higher than that. A friend of mine was a TV producer for the Red Sox for many years (now works for Fox) and he said you could count on one hand and have fingers to spare the players who did not cheat on their wives.

Which does make this different than the Sean Taylor murder, as that was a home invasion and he was defending his family against an intruder when he died.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard locally, McNair and his wife were in the middle of a divorce. In fact, a local sports radio personalilty said they were at the point where they were dividing property. With that being said, I've heard for years that there were girlfriends.

I'm sure his wife is devastated regardless of their current status. The whole thing just seems so senseless.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with his family. How sad and tragic. He did alot with my son's football team and really involved with the kids. He will be greatly missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

This is what the news was reporting late last night... most likely a homicide/suicide.

He was found with multiple gunshot wounds including one to the head. They found her with one gunshot wound to the head and the gun was near her.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Actually, the stories I'm reading today are saying the gun was actually underneath her body.

Ruling out any kind of really farfetched conspiracy theories, that seems to pretty much nail down that it was a murder/suicide.
    Ian șOș

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I am not really sure how to react to this. I have been a Titans fan since day one. Not just a fan but a diehard.
    I met Steve McNair on numerous occasions. He was easily one of the nicest players I have run across. I have pictures of him holding my sons. I have a statue of him in my office at work.
    However in my profession I council with kids who have been hurt due to affairs of thier parents.
    Its really a tough situation as much as I loved the man, the player, I hate the actions. So that is where I stand. He made a mistake or mistakes....I can dislike that all I want but I still love and respect the man.

The Nashillve Police Dept. reported today that McNair was shot while sleeping, four times. The female then sat next to him and shot herself. The gun ended up under her body. The ex has been ruled out.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

R.I.P Steve. He was a great QB. I hated to see him leave.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

The website LiveLeak has the video from the policecar's dash-cam the day his girlfriend was arrested for DUI. McNair's in it too, and he was not happy !
    All-Star Sports

Let's Go.........Mountaineers !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: