Quantcast Aerosmith Contract To End Soon? What Then To Do With Rock N Roller Coaster?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerosmith Contract To End Soon? What Then To Do With Rock N Roller Coaster?

I posted this on another website. I figured I would post it here too.

July 29, 1999, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster opened in Disney-MGM Studios, thrilling fans of roller coasters and Aerosmith. The coaster features popular Aerosmith songs onboard audio.

Well, July 29, 2009 is coming quick. My understanding was Aerosmith signed a 10 year contract to have their image, name, and songs used in the ride. This date would signify the end of the contract.

Other sites have started posing rumored replacements. One rumor, and we have said this before joking, is that Disney will be replacing Aerosmith instead of extending the contract. The replacements? Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. Personally, as much as I can see Disney doing something like this, I also don't think they will rebrand a coaster with these two acts since most of Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers fans aren't old enough or tall enough to ride.

I have a possible replacement of my own. The studio you are entering is called G-Force Records. Well, Disney's next hopefull franchise is G-Force, due in theaters July 24, 2009, about specially trained guinea pigs who try to stop the bad guy from taking over the world. Other than the music studio overlay, G Force is already present throughout the attraction queue.

Basically:
    1) Is the contract with Aerosmith really set to expire?
    2) If so, how fast will Aerosmith be removed from the attraction?
    3) Who or what will Disney replace Aerosmith with?
    4) Who or what would you like to see replace Aerosmith?
    5) Do you think a G Force overlay would make sense, with a complete rebranding of Rock N Roller Coaster?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

How could Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers be able to fit into RNR? It's ROCKnRollercoaster. Not POPRollercoaster.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Aerosmith overlay, but it would be nice if they changed the video/music. I would love to see it totally re-themed towards a Disney or Pixar movie or even a newer band.
    Chris
    Last Trip: SSR 02/2009 (Just wife & I)
    Next Trip: AKV 08/2009 Savanah View
    DVC Members Since 2004
    Annual Passholders
    1970's - Present Many Trips To WDW & DL!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Post Thanks / Like

perfect replacement : Rock N Rollercoaster starring KISS!! after 35 years this band is still going strong, and with Gene Simmons Family Jewels being A&E most watched show, i think that this would a perfect marriage. put $$ in front of Gene's eyes and you'll have them hook line and sinker (IMHO)

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    perfect replacement would would Rock N Rollercoaster starring KISS!! after 35 years this band is still growing strong, and with Gene Simmons Family Jewels being A&E most watched show, i think that this would a perfect marriage. put $$ in front of Gene's eyes and you'll have them hook line and sinker (IMHO)

Victor
    Actually, that's not a bad idea. Gene would be totally up for it. Plus, Gene gets a ride about him, and money, so he agrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree KISS would be an excellent replacement. Money talks with Gene for sure. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got a different take! How about changing the theme to the Cars movie and play Real Gone during the ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, some Hannah and Jo Bro fans may not be tall enough, yet, but once they are, I'm betting most won't know who Aerosmith is.
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

My DDs both love Aerosmith - they are 8 and 14. I'd like to see Aerosmith stay.
    Kathy şoş

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    My DDs both love Aerosmith - they are 8 and 14. I'd like to see Aerosmith stay.
    I find it hard to imagine the ride without Aerosmith at this point. Maybe in the future, but it seems that Aerosmith is still relevant and a good fit or the ride. I'm not sure about the truth to any rumors on this ride changing or if it's just fun for some to speculate on possibilities.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I find it hard to imagine the ride without Aerosmith at this point. Maybe in the future, but it seems that Aerosmith is still relevant and a good fit or the ride. I'm not sure about the truth to any rumors on this ride changing or if it's just fun for some to speculate on possibilities.
    I think Aerosmith is still relevant for people over 30, but honestly? Those in their 20's and under haven't really heard a big hit from them ... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Disney took this ride into another generation's music.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Aerosmith doesn't go anywhere... And if they do, please do not replace them with Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers... Kiss is a great choice... I'd like to see Bruce Springsteen but I don't see his music fitting the ride too much... Plus he has gotten more political in the recent years, so Disney would probably stay away...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I think Aerosmith is still relevant for people over 30, but honestly? Those in their 20's and under haven't really heard a big hit from them ... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Disney took this ride into another generation's music.
    I have teenagers, Michael. I know the under-twenty set and they're mostly aware of Aerosmith. Aerosmith is a classic. I'm not a huge fan, but the music holds up and still gets played. The kids today know Pink Floyd and Zeppelin, too, and they're not exactly on the charts. You can't just assume that people under a certain age aren't familiar with something that predates them.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Aerosmith stays.

The problem with acts like Jonas Bros. and Hannah Montana is that young kids absolutely love them for a while, and then they rebel against them. Once they're a little older, admitting you like Hannah is admitting you still watch Dora the Explorer. When they're much older they'll look back on it all fondly, but not when they're in their later teens. I've seen this with my own kids (through countless acts), and with others.

Girls of the late 70s -- how long did you like Shaun Cassidy? I rest my case.

- Aero
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I have teenagers, Michael. I know the under-twenty set and they're mostly aware of Aerosmith. Aerosmith is a classic. I'm not a huge fan, but the music holds up and still gets played. The kids today know Pink Floyd and Zeppelin, too, and they're not exactly on the charts. You can't just assume that people under a certain age aren't familiar with something that predates them.
    I just called my 16 year old nephew and asked him if he knew who Aerosmith was. He had no idea.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I just called my 16 year old nephew and asked him if he knew who Aerosmith was. He had no idea.
    I have no doubt that you're correct that some people under that age don't know Aerosmith, but I think they're the exception. In general, to my experience, kids under 20 are well aware of Aerosmith. Has he never been to WDW? Uncle NotaGeek should take him!
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Lawrence Welk Polka Palooza
    . . . an'a one
    . . . an'a two
    . . . an'a blast off
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    Lawrence Welk Polka Palooza
    . . . an'a one
    . . . an'a two
    . . . an'a blast off
    Let's just go with Weird Al...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be very bummed if Aerosmith left. Even a bigger disappoinment if it heppened before we get down there in Sept. They are one of my all-time favorite bands- in fact seeing them in Hershey on July 3rd!!! Wahoo!

My DS5 knows who they are. Loves Walk This Way! Wanted to go to the concert with me- maybe next time.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at WDW last Decemebr a CM told me that the ride was changing to Hannah Montana. I hope they were mistaken because Hannah really isn't too "rockin".
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: