Quantcast If you stayed at the AIrport Hyatt....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you stayed at the AIrport Hyatt....

what time did you catch the bus for the port? I would like to sleep in a smidge. I have read if you leave your luggage outside your door, they will take care of it for you. So gathering I will just have to check in at the Disney Magical Express counter??? is this right???/ tks
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the airport Hyatt for our last cruise (NYE 2007/2008), and we were really glad we did. As long as you have your luggage outside your door by 10 pm (iirc, may have been 11) with the special DCL tags on them, the next time you see your bags are in your stateroom. The cruise we were on was booked solid, so it was no surprise to see a large amount of bags waiting in the hall that evening. The next morning there was quite a line to get checked in, and then there was a wait for the busses... it takes a couple of hours between the check-in and actually getting on the bus (they call people down to the busses in groups of about 50 as the busses come in).
    You may be able to check in at the DME counter downstairs, but there was a special check-in specifically for those of us staying at the Hyatt. Not sure what the line would have been like downstairs or when they would have started taking guests to the terminal.
    Rob
    WDW Trips - Too many to list due to sig file character count limit! :(

Most Recent Cruise: DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise - 12/29/07 - 01/05/08 - New Year's Eve at Sea! Woo Hoo!

Most Recent WDW Trip: 5-day stay at Old Key West 12/6/12 - 12/10/12

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the Hyatt before my cruise last December.

When you check in, they will give you a sheet that tells you when to check in at the Hyatt lobby for your DCL transfers (NOT Magical Express).

You tag your luggage with the DCL tags and leave them inside your room. Just take your carryon with you.

My meeting time was at 9am.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
    When you check in, they will give you a sheet that tells you when to check in at the Hyatt lobby for your DCL transfers (NOT Magical Express).

My meeting time was at 9am.
    DH and I took a towncar instead, but this was our experience as well. We were given the DCL sheet at check-in with instructions. When we met our towncar driver at 9:30am, the Hyatt lobby had a desk setup for the DCL transfers.

You tag your luggage with the DCL tags and leave them inside your room.
    I think you mean outside your hotel room .
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

No, I was told to leave them inside the room near the door.

I think there were concerns about luggage getting stolen.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
    No, I was told to leave them inside the room near the door.

I think there were concerns about luggage getting stolen.
    That's really too bad. I'm sure it was much easier collecting luggage at night, as opposed to having to wait until a guest checks out of their room.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from my 4th cruise, and third stay at the Hyatt MCO prior to cruising.

Each time it has been somewhat different, but this time, we needed to have our luggage ready to go and just inside the door of our room by 8 or 830 (can't really remember), and then you could check in from 9-1030. If you want on the first bus (which it seems doesn't matter to you either way), you should be down way before 9. We were there at 9 and got on the second bus with a ship boarding card of 6 (still able to make Palo ressies and get a fantastic seat at Topsiders!).

When they start taking people down, you go down in bus groups (Mickey, Donald, Pooh groups for example). This year it was to the motor coach entrance of the hotel, last year they walked us down to the DME area. I don't know how its determined where they put you on, but in my solo trip to WDW in April, they had a DCL group in the DME area.

They don't just do luggage transfers, so if you don't go on the bus, your luggage will not either (much like DME). If you don't want your luggage to be transfered, then you can have them put under the bus, and they can check it in at the port as well.

They have a sign the day before to notify the front desk if you are going to sail on DCL. They give you a paper with all the info you need and have you down as a guest of DCL. Easy as that!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: