Quantcast I added-on at BLT (again): Contract #23 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of where to find out what the incentives are for BLT that expire on June 15? Thanks!
    They have a couple different incentives going on right now for add-ons at BLT. The first is $8.00 per point off the $112 per point cost, plus a free cruise (the length of the cruise depends on the number of points you purchase).

The second is $8.00 off per point up to 100 points; $14.00 off per point for 100-124 points; and $16.00 off 125 points or more.

We opted for the second offer to save a little more per point. Plus, we're not really cruise people, so that made the decision a little easier!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In these current economic conditions I find it hard to believe that BLT memberships are selling so well. I would love to add on there, I have 200 OKW points. But, the incentives aren't that great($14 off per point brings you to $100/point). I could by a resale at my other favorite resorts, BCV or BWV, for less(I think in the $80s/point). I could even add on to my OKW for $68ish/point. We've stayed at BWV twice since 2006 with our OKW points. Since there's no difficulty booking where we like to stay, we may as well add on for less money. At any rate, I think there will be incentives in the future- they can't possibly be selling that well right now.
    DVC since 2006 at OKW, HHI, AKV and BWV
    Upcoming: Aug 1-8, 2015 at BWV

Post Thanks / Like

...I never thought it would happen, but this economy has affected my family. We'd love to add-on...but we need to pay other things at this time. Yes, we cringe at many of the sales we are having to pass up (and not just Disney...heck, JCP had all clothes 70% off at one point)...but we just can't swing it. In fact, I even thought about selling my 250 points at SSR. The 1,000 maintenance fee bill we got this time hit us hard. But...Congrats to everyone else who bought into this beautiful resort. I'm excited for you.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sunshine- we considered selling too. My DH loves the end of summer deals Disney offers(book a room and get free dining and tickets). He 'd love to sell our DVC and just book the regular resorts and get the free dining and tickets. Our annual maintenance fee hit us hard too, but I just love to stay in the DVC resorts(the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and washer and dryer is way better than cramming into a regular hotel room) and so I refuse to sell. We're doing Disney's Hilton Head this summer to avoid buying park tickets and dining plan. I'm really having WDW withdraw though.
    DVC since 2006 at OKW, HHI, AKV and BWV
    Upcoming: Aug 1-8, 2015 at BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Default I added-on at BLT (again): Contract #23

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of where to find out what the incentives are for BLT that expire on June 15? Thanks!
    Call your guide if you have one. If you don't I will send you my guide's contact information if you pm me. In addition to the incentives listed above they are offering $8 off for a purchase of 50 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Patandtwins:

Boy, we live parallel lives. Everything you are feeling is the same for me. EXACTLY.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patandtwins View Post
    Sunshine- we considered selling too. My DH loves the end of summer deals Disney offers(book a room and get free dining and tickets). He 'd love to sell our DVC and just book the regular resorts and get the free dining and tickets. Our annual maintenance fee hit us hard too, but I just love to stay in the DVC resorts(the 1 bedroom villa with kitchen and washer and dryer is way better than cramming into a regular hotel room) and so I refuse to sell. We're doing Disney's Hilton Head this summer to avoid buying park tickets and dining plan. I'm really having WDW withdraw though.
    Think of it this way -- it's a chance to see Hilton Head, which you probably planned to do all along "someday" with your DVC points. And the area and beach are beautiful there. You will have a great time.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Stop View Post
    Mike, I eagerly await hearing about you being (one of?) the first non-corporate member to hit the point ceiling.

Consider it a challenge!
    Believe it or not, one of the guides yesterday at the Boston Show said a guy came to him on one of the Disney Cruises a couple of weeks ago and his first DVC buy, and bought get this......2,000 points! I almost hit the floor! SO DVCMike has a little ways to go lol.

BUT Congratulations Mike, I have to say i am very envious of you!!!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    Patandtwins:

Boy, we live parallel lives. Everything you are feeling is the same for me. EXACTLY.
    We've been hit pretty hard by the economy too, I still have my job, but hours are way down. As a matter of fact, today is my last day until after the 4th (of july). Even though the DVC points would be the 1st thing to go, they would probably be the hardest to give up. (well, besides the house)

Hope stuff starts getting better soon for all of us !!
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    This is my 22nd add-on to my original...

Now, I was already sold and she had no reason to tell me this to get me to buy...

DVC Mike, I'm sure she knew you would be a hard sell.

Congrats on your growing collection.
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Post Thanks / Like

We were on last week's Eastern Caribbean cruise to Tortola on the Magic, went to the last seminar, and now we are DVC members at BLT!!! They offered an amazing incentive....

It was something like $15 each point (of course, the more points you buy, the more off), plus either a free cruise (longer depending on the points) or X amount of $$ off the down payment. We took the money off the DP, as we aren't flexible with the cruise dates (due to my mother's teaching job, and my father going into teaching). We were won over by BLT and the fact that it won't expire until 2060!!

You know, 2000 points IS the most flexible option...

I am 25 years old, and am an DVC member! I'm so excited to learn more about DVC and experience it! You'll be seeing me around the boards more often now, and spending time in this forum!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: