Quantcast Pin Trading Bags- any tips?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pin Trading Bags- any tips?

I am looking for any ideas or tips that you may have about buying a disney-themed pin trading bag and anything that you may do to modify it after purchasing it to make it better. This will be the first bag I have ever owned and I am welcome to any suggestions that you may have. Thanks!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't bought a bag in the last year or two, but I have several from previous to that. I found that I only wanted to use one side of each page, mostly because the bag got too fat/heavy if I used both sides. Up to you if you want to do it differently, but that's my two cents on that.

As I accumulated more pins, I found I had pins I wanted to be able to take with me when I went to the parks, and others I knew I was never going to trade. So I picked up some of the binders and offloaded my "permanent collection" into them. Now I only use the bags for pins I am willing to consider trading. This lightens the load a good bit and also ensures I never have to worry about losing the pins I really treasure if anything ever happened to the bag.

There are a couple of cool bag designs this year -- happy shopping!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pin bags/binders

Help! Where did you find the bags/binders.
    I have searched Disney Store online and they list pins but nothing to store them in. I have a pretty good collection and would like a better way to store them

Post Thanks / Like

Bags and binders are available in the parks. Occasionally they'll do one online (I have one from the days of "The Disney Catalog"). I've never seen one in the Disney Store that I can recall.

There are two I found on the Disney Store web site - try Googling "Disney Pin Bag" and look for the Disney Store links in the results.

You can also call WDW mail order to get one from the parks - (407) 363-6200, although this is tricky because that line seems to be designed specifically for people who saw something when they were there but didn't pick it up at the time. So you'd need to be able to tell them exactly what you wanted without benefit of a catalog or any other cue.

Your other option would be to look on third-party websites that sell Disney stuff, and of course the font of all "stuff", EBay.

Good luck!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had seen them on disney shopping so I just double checked. They have the Jessica Rabbit one which you can have monogramed and it is on sale for 24.95
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do anything to modify and I do fill up both sides of the bag since they are rather expensive. I am currently working on my 5th bag I did the opposite and have my traders in a binder if I ever go to trading events I can leave my bags home and just grab the binder.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know anything about the bags except for seeing them at the parks. I usually trade only with cast members. I just use my lanyard, and take the pins I like off at night and put more trading ones back on for the next day. I have a binder that I put my pins in, but I also have some of my favorite ones displayed on cork boards. I have two medium sized cork boards on either side of a framed disney pin set that I got in WDW and I store the backs of the pins in a little box and just stick the pins into the board like a tac. It is a great way to display your favs. Then again I am not a major collector, I just get what I like and don't really care about rare ones and such. I know that I didn't answer your question about the bags, but I just wanted to share my way of displaying them

Post Thanks / Like

How about sheets of corkboard inside the 'pages' of the bag? I was thinking instead of having to reach my hand inside to try and place a pin back onto the pin, I could use the corkboard and press the pins into the cork. Any suggestions along these lines?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: