Quantcast A Party of 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: A Party of 8

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Party of 8

So my family and our best friend's family are kicking around the idea of a March 2010 trip to the World. There are eight of us (4 and 4). My family is me, my wife, our 5 year old, and at the time a 7 month old at the time. Their family is dad, mom, a 10 year old and a 7 year old.

Are there any accomodations in the World that can accomodate all of us in one place like a cottage or house like place? Or would it be easier to get 2 rooms at a resort.

We want to try to save as much money as possible so we were trying to figure out if one room would be more cost effecient.

Thanks
    [/COLOR]1993 Caribbean Beach SENIOR WEEK
    1998 1 Day Visit Magic Kingdom and MGM
    2002 Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2006 Port Orleans French Quarters
    2007 POP Century
    2011 POP Century for 9 days

2013 Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

2 connecting rooms at a value resort would be your cheapest option. If you're willing to stay offsite, try "All Star Vacation Rental Homes".
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

There are no single room options for a party of 8 (well, actually 7 people aged 3 and over plus an infant) at any of the resorts. You could look into booking one of the 2-bedroom villas at any of the resorts that have them, but it might be more cost-effective just to book two rooms at a regular resort (particularly true if it's a value or moderate resort).

And yes, definitely take a look at the Allstar Vacation Rental Homes. Many of them are very close to Disney World and amenities can include your own private pool, hot tub, game room, etc.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitchsfan View Post
    Are there any accomodations in the World that can accomodate all of us in one place like a cottage or house like place? Or would it be easier to get 2 rooms at a resort.
    Your options for 1 room, would be a suite or 2-bedroom villa. Your least expensive suite option would be a 1-bedroom Garden suite at the Contemporary. This room will hold 7 plus the infant and during value season runs around $900 per night. By comparison a 2-bedroom villa will run you around $550 per night during the value season.

If you want to get 2 rooms, you'd be looking at around $100 per night/per room at a value resort, and $160 per night/per room at a moderate.

We want to try to save as much money as possible so we were trying to figure out if one room would be more cost effecient.
    That's a tough one to figure out. On the surface, 2 value rooms is your least expensive option. The value themes are very appealing, but you don't get a balcony and although you can request rooms close together, there's no guarantee that you'd even be in the same building as the other family. A villa would cost you more, but you're all in one unit, with separate bedrooms. You have a kitchen, which could save money on meals.

You'd really have to figure out your vacationing style and decide which option would be the best for you.

As pointed out, you could go offsite. We've rented houses and they are very cost efficient. A drawback though, is that you have to budget a car into your plans and unless you want to get 2 cars, both families have to stay on the same touring plan.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for the 2 bedroom villa especially with a 7 month old. You have a full kitchen, laundry room and 2 bathrooms. Not to mention the jacuzzi tub in the master bath, great for those aching bodies at the end of the day. OKW has the largest rooms which gives you a little more room with that many people.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

After trying to plan a trip for 10, I've been through the same issues. Our family (dh and I were beat out) ended up staying at the Ginn Reunion Resort and got a 4 bedroom house. I would look at 2 bedroom villas or possibly the Treehouses at SSR. We stayed at POR and passed them on the boat to DTD several times. They look pretty nice, and from what dh was saying they are not listed as being as expensive as some of the villas.
    Erica

'83, '86 - CR
    '89 - GF
    '94, '98 - Poly
    '00, 3/09 - Off site
    '01 - ASM
    '02 - Swan
    5/09 - POR
    10/09 - AKL
    12/09 - GF
    Next trip???

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how you are getting to WDW (flying or driving), but have you ever considered on renting a couple of pop-up campers and staying at a campsite. We can usually rent a pop-up for about $35 a day and then to stay in a campsite is the least expensive way to go. You can even request campsites next to each other. You still have all the benefits of staying on property and a pop-up can sleep 4-8 depending on how it is designed inside. Just a thought.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

You could also ask for side-by-side Ft. Wilderness Cabins. They're really relaxing to come back to, nice and quiet, and you can load up the fridges and have cookouts together - they have decks and outdoor grills. Also, there's lots to do on the grounds - campfire singalongs, disney movies at night, pontoon boats, playgrounds, etc. - and, a real plus, the grownups can stay up when the kids need to go to bed because they are one-bedroom units, plus a Murphy bed in the living room. Have fun!
    Forever let us hold our banners high
    Trips:
    78, 85 - Holiday Inn Main Gate
    86 - Days Inn International Drive
    87, 88 - Cocoa Beach/Pelican Landing
    94, 99, 00 - Fort Wilderness Homes
    Dec 02 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    2009-2010 Disneyland, Paradise Pier and Candy Cane Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Bonnet Creek is a great option, if you don't mind staying in a non-Disney resort. We loved it. It's right inside Disney, so you can load up on the Disney magic before you go back to your room...lol. There are a lot of good deals out there on ebay. Check out the reviews and pics on tripadvisor, if you are interested.
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: