Quantcast The end of the Disney Rewards Card program ??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I put EVERYTHING on my disney card. I love pulling it out and thinking my upcoming vacation just got a little cheaper. I would hate it if they took the rewards away and would switch to another card also.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    Fellow "deadbeat" checking in. Amassed about $350 for this past trip. Nice perk, but if it goes away, so does the card for me.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Standing in line with the deadbeats and adding my 2cents. My husband would much prefer I use a different reward program but I love my Disney Reward Dollars. Reiterating what others have said, if the Rewards go, so does the card.

On a side note, we were recently told that closing an account (whether you do it or the bank does it) counts against your credit score. I was always under the impression that me closing my account was OK, but the banker said it would be better to just stop using the card (and possibly lower the limit-can't be positive about that part). If this is true, then just sending out an FYI for those who monitor their scores.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Standing in line with the deadbeats and adding my 2cents. My husband would much prefer I use a different reward program but I love my Disney Reward Dollars. Reiterating what others have said, if the Rewards go, so does the card.

On a side note, we were recently told that closing an account (whether you do it or the bank does it) counts against your credit score. I was always under the impression that me closing my account was OK, but the banker said it would be better to just stop using the card (and possibly lower the limit-can't be positive about that part). If this is true, then just sending out an FYI for those who monitor their scores.
    I'm also of the opinion that if the rewards part of my card goes, then I'm gone too.

As to your second point, I was also told that keeping an unused card can hurt you while getting a loan. I guess banks feel that you can only get a certain amount of credit, and they will count that unused $10,000 credit limit on an old card as money that's already been extended to you. Thus if you're looking for a $30K loan, they can say we're only giving you 20K.

Of course these are banks we're talking about, and I've had 2 offices of the SAME bank give me 2 different explanations of the same account.
    2011 - Planning phase!
    2009 - DD's First Trip - PO Riverside
    2003 - PO Riverside
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge (honeymoon)
    1998 - Polynesian
    1995 - Off-Site
    1991 - Polynesian
    1989 - Polynesian
    1987 - Ft. Wilderness Campground

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to try to stop using it, since i dont plan a trip back anytime soon.
    Ill have to look into closing it and whether is it better to keep it if detrimental.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Sign of the times...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love the deadbeats!

Way to go on paying off those balances! Even Dave Ramsey would be proud (NOT!). Keep up the great work - go ahead and transfer your dollars onto your cards and keep those cards handy - for just in case!
    mikelynn91

"Don't cry because it's over ~ smile because it happened!" Dr. Seuss

Fort Wilderness 2003
    All Stars Movies 2005
    All Stars Music 2006

Pop Century 2007

Port Orleans Riverside 2008
    All Star Movies 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chase Letter

Received their info changes letter, it seems at this time, most changes are going to be with cash advances and balance tranfers, with a interesting line that says they can increase, decrease or suspend your line of credit if they feel the need.

Interesting news but at least there not pulling any rewards dollar promo at this time, hope this is good news, were not going til Nov. and would like to have as many pts as possible.

I am one of those who pay my entire balance every mo. Until I hear otherwise I'll keep using the card and racking up those Disney dollars.

Nancy in ct

Post Thanks / Like

In the same boat here. Hope it's not true. I'd sure miss paying for our lunch every Sunday and hearing DH say "Oh good-- there's another 17 cents off our next $5,000 trip to Disney."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reward cards Chase

Heard on the news that Chase will be upping the minimum balance amounts, so I guess this is hopefully the only thing they will do. Since I pay in full every month, this will not effect me.

Hope this is good news for now for us deadbeats.

Nancy in Ct

Post Thanks / Like

Just received another 5X rewards offer (even though it's gone up to spending $1000/month in specific categories!)
    But, just the fact that they are still offering this tells me they rewards are staying, at least for awhile!
    10/85 Off Site
    2/88 Disney Vil
    10/90 Disney Vil
    10/93 CB & GF
    5/94 WL
    12/95 Cont
    10/98 WL & CS
    12/00 DixLand & Poly
    12/04 Cabins & YC
    10/05 POFQ
    5/07 Cont & BCV
    10/07 Pop
    12/08 POR!
    5/09 Poly!
    5/10 WL
    10/10 POFQ
    5/11 CS
    10/11 PORS & BW
    5/12 Pop
    6/12 gave in & just moved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald's Girl View Post
    Just received another 5X rewards offer (even though it's gone up to spending $1000/month in specific categories!)
    But, just the fact that they are still offering this tells me they rewards are staying, at least for awhile!
    If you don't use the card or sign up for the bonus they might lower the minimum in future mailings. I got one for $500 spend in gas/food/airline. I didn't opt-in and later I got one for $250. Just got another for 3rd quarter for $250.
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not received one of the 'bonus' offers in well over a year. Could have used one this past month -- racked up a lot of charges - DW's car inspection (brakes, tires, alignment); pool filter went to heck in a handbasket; "paid off" September WDW trip.

What's really rough is that balance before these things was $0.00!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If they end the program I will just go back to using Discover for the rewards. Right now I use my Disney card for everything just to get the rewards for my WDW trips.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    I have not received one of the 'bonus' offers in well over a year. Could have used one this past month -- racked up a lot of charges - DW's car inspection (brakes, tires, alignment); pool filter went to heck in a handbasket; "paid off" September WDW trip.

What's really rough is that balance before these things was $0.00!!!!!
    I think the 5x rewards are only good on gas, airline, restaurant and grocery (if I am not mistaken). Hope this makes you feel a little better about not getting the bonus in the mail! Also if you read the fine print, it looks like grocery at warehouse stores and specialty stores does not count. I am curious to see if I get bonus rewards on groceries from a Super WalMart store and Trader Joe's.
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) We do have one card with an annual fee.
    2) By paying $80/year, we amassed over 750,000 air miles through purchases.
    3) We still have a 322,000 mileage balance.
    4) Of course, we put almost EVERY purchase on the card, including groceries.
    5) I thought the annual fee was worth this reward.
    6) I guess one has to determine if paying fees fit with your spending habits.

We also have one card with a fee....

The Southwest Visa.

3X points on southwest purchases and one rapid rewards credit per 1200 spent.

by my calculations...it will provide a nice benefit even with the 59 dollar fee.

Of course, our only other card - the Disney Card - gets us around $250 dollars annually.
    I don't know if i would cancel the card if they instituted a fee or eliminated the rewards (probably "yes" for the rewards and "no" for the fee)...but i'd have to think about it.

But i am not horribly anti-bank when it comes to this issue - as i am when it came to the TARP bailout and the ridiculously unscrupulous real estate practices.

Like it or not....you are borrowing money when you use a credit card. Whether or not it's only a couple of days or weeks until you pay off your balance...you do keep the money in your hands for an amount of time that allows you alot of fleixibility to do other things.
    It IS a service.

And irregardless of terminal fees - the cardholder does not pay anything for this service with no interest and fees.

I am, of course, an offender - as we never carry a balance....but i do understand the point to a change and/or elimination of some of the perks that are used this way.

Post Thanks / Like

We put everything on our Disney Visa & pay it off each month. I've never gotten a bonus offer til last week - it wasn't great but it offered $25 bonus dollars if we put any of our telecommunications bills on autopay. We just switched to AT&T and was going to do it anyway, so we should be getting the bonus dollars. Like I said, not much -- but at least it's something.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's actually equivalent to charging $2500 so it's a decent deal if you ask me. We'll do it, get the bonus and then stop probably. Depends on how it works out for us. I can't imagine it could be that bad, but we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofygirl67 View Post
    If they end the program I will just go back to using Discover for the rewards. Right now I use my Disney card for everything just to get the rewards for my WDW trips.
    We just decided to get rid of our Discover when we discovered they only pay .25 per cent in rewards. That just isn't worth it.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Just last Thursday I got an offer in the mail for the Disney Rewards Card. (I do not have one).
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: