Quantcast Princess Character Meal - CRT or Norway?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Princess Character Meal - CRT or Norway?

I have a niece who LOVES princesses and will be visiting WDW for the first time this winter. She will be 5 years old. Which do you recommend - Cinderella's Royal Table or the Norway Storybook breakfast?

My SIL and BIL have not been to WDW together as a family before, so it's sort of a first trip for them as well. DH, DS and I will probably not be joining them as my DS is more into Stitch so we will probably go to Ohana's instead.

I have heard wonderful things about the princess breakfast, but then again, I can just imagine my niece's reaction when her mom tells her she's going to visit Cinderella "IN HER CASTLE!"

Opinions?
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have done both! While it was a geat experience eating at CRT we would probably not do it again. It is expensive!! My daughter got to see all the princesses and the food was ok nothing great. At the Norway breakfast we enjoyed the food and all the time with all the different princesses. It was a fun time and much cheaper. I think if you can afford it it would be great to do the castle once. If not the breakfast in Norway is alot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to both and liked them both. the food was very good at each of them. Some items were the same, like eggs, bacon, sausage, etc, but CRT has some stuffed french toast which is delicious. And Akershus has a potato/cheese casserole dish which is very yummy, plus there is a cold buffet.

They both include photo packaegs now, and the princess interaction is about the same.

For you, it may come down to character preference or location. Eating in the castle is really cool.

As for characters, they do change at each place, but you will definitely meet Cinderella at CRT - not at the meal, but in the "lobby" which is where the photos will be taken.

At Akershus, you will also do a "lobby" photo, but that princess can vary. We had Belle in her gown.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is a first-time experience, I'd probably choose CRT just because it is in Cinderella Castle - my girls were thrilled the first time we ate there - and okay, I'll admit it, so was I. Akershus is VERY castle-like inside but of course, it's not inside THE Castle. The food is similar between the two but of course, price is not! I like Akershus better simply because of the price for what you get.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

For a first timer, I vote Cinderella's Castle...there is NOTHING like it.

We took my niece at 5, and didn't plan a castle breakfast and really...devastated!!! All she wanted the whole time was to meet Cindy in her castle...and to make matters worse, everytime we walked by the castle the show or fireworks had the walk thru closed and she didn't even get to walk thru it...I remedied both of those on our next trip..

Really, all girls get should get a meal in the castle at some point...we have done both and like everyone else previously, both are comparable and good....

Have fun!
    DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Do the castle. We did it for lunch and LOVED it. The princesses were great and my 3 1/2 year old daughter loved it. Your 5 yo niece will too. Very special for little girls and make sure she wears her princess dress (if she wants to). My second favorite is 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, the prince and step family. That buffet is very good too and right off the monorail. My beef with the Norway restaurant was it was a long walk to get there in 90 degrees in a princess dress. I had to carry it around in my backpack for the rest of the day. That is just something to think about. Have fun!
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I have done both, and I definitely prefer CRT more. It is so much fun. The food for lunch is really good (I always get the pasta), the characters are good, and amazing atmosphere.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Are their characters at lunch at CRT? Are they princesses?

I would be devastated if my niece was devastaed! I think I'm going to recommend CRT... you're all right - there is nowhere else you can actually have the experience of eating in Cinderella's castle!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment78 View Post
    Are their characters at lunch at CRT? Are they princesses?

I would be devastated if my niece was devastaed! I think I'm going to recommend CRT... you're all right - there is nowhere else you can actually have the experience of eating in Cinderella's castle!
    Yes there are. When I ate there in July I met Cinderella (in the lobby), Snow White, Belle, Mary Poppins, and Aurora.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta go with the castle! We did both last year with my niece. First we went to BBB where she had her hair done by the fairy god mothers then we had lunch in the castle. She was enchanted and it was a lot of fun. Norway was also great, but nothing can compare with the castle.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I think the food is better at Norway and it is less expensive, but I do think every little girl should get to eat at Cinderella's Castle once if possible. That is a very magical experience and honestly the kids don't really care about the food anyway! I have 3 DDs and they each ate at the castle when they were 4 or 5 and they all absolutely loved it. I would go with CRT if you can get a reservation and price isn't too much of an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessesmom View Post
    I think the food is better at Norway and it is less expensive, but I do think every little girl should get to eat at Cinderella's Castle once if possible. .
    I gotta agree on this one. Every girl should get to eat at least once in the Castle. After that, then you can visit Norway. Yeah, I can't spell that place either.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

There is nothing like dining in the castle and having the dining staff call you, Princess.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: