Quantcast How did you find INTERCOT?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking How did you find INTERCOT?

I love these types of threads because you get to know people.

I joined INTERCOT in 2001 when I was planning my honeymoon - that seems FOREVER ago. LOL! It was a reccomended site in one of the guidebooks that I bought at the time and for a long time I was a "rabid" poster.

LIfe took over and my Disney trips became few and far between especially when I was pregnant and the first year after my baby girl was born. But now we are back into the Disney planning swing and while I don't need as much help planning a trip - I enjoy helping others here.

I like INTERCOT because the focus is on Disney and not on everything else.

It is cool to see some names I remember and fun to meet "newbies" even though I'm sure I seem like the newbie.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband told me about Intercot when we were planning our first trip together while we were dating. I've become an intercot addict ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were planning our first trip as a family I searched some particular questions...that search led me to Intercot. I lurked for awhile before I joined in the fun!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

My sis-in-law told me about Intercot, and she hardly ever posts a thing. I must be the gabby one.....LOL
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I found it through a search.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Long before Intercot, I was a fan of Disney so, it was only natural to search on Disney when such things became possible. I looked at some other Disney sites but gravitated towards this one because everyone here was so friendly and family oriented. For a long time, I lurked but kept thinking, "I know the answer to that question." Finally, there was a question that was compelling enough that I knew I had to answer so I registered. Once I registered, I was hooked! I answered as many questions as I could as I wanted everyone else to love Disney as much as I do! I've been here ever since!

Hi Amanda! Hope all is well for you!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My friend Lacy told me about the moms and moms to be board on Intercot when I first got pregnant. I was excited that there was a place where I could talk to other moms to be who loved Disney as much as me. Although I was on other boards when I was pregnant with my son, this was the only board that I made friends with people who I stiil talk to.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Intercot was advertized on my son's little league baseball team site...there was a link and everything. That was 5 years ago and I too was a "lurker" for a few years before I registered in late 2006. I don't post a lot but I'm on the site 4-5 times a day just to see what's happening. I love Intercot and have given the link to many people....they refer to it as "...did you see the news on your Disney site...? I love taking credit for it
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

googling something about disney in like, 2003 before our trip lead us here. my family has always gone on the site but never like joined. i joined in early 2007 and have been around since. this last year has been slow for me since i have been busy with frosh year of college and all.
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

I found Intercot when I was home on maternity leave with my first daughter... over 6 years ago! I remember holding her as she slept (she loved to sleep in our arms) and using one hand to type.

I have always been a Disney World fan, since trips to the MK as a kid. But when I found Intercot it really opened up a whole new world to me. I think of the trips that we took before I knew about the whole internet world of Disney fan-dom... all I had was a Fodor's guide book (gasp).

And I admit, I have tried out other sites from time to time, just for fun... but have never found a better community than Intercot. It's home.

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I was messing around with MyYahoo page settings and came across Intercot and some other Disney sites and listed them on MyYahoo page. 10 posts show up and as new ones are posted it refreshes and I can click on them to take me to the Intercot site. I realized I was only reading the Intercot ones, so I disabled the other ones. I too lurked and then joined.

Post Thanks / Like

For our Disneyland trip in 2004; I was searching for info on renovations to the Paradise Pier Hotel and found the information on Intercot.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I came aboard late in the night of July 4th, 2005. I was so excited that we had booked our first trip with our girls that I was googling everything about Disney and came upon Intercot. I never looked back!
    Nicest bunch of people ever, who all share the passion for Disney!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I found INTERCOT while searching for info on our first trip with our boys back in 2002. Boy was I ever hooked!

Post Thanks / Like

On Google in 2007 while planning our trip for 2008 but lurked until after the trip.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning a trip for 10 in 2004 and trying to find some answers to some question I had...I googled it, and Intercot was the first site on the list. I lurked for a bit, then had to sign up! Boy am I ever glad it was on the top! I belong to another Disney website, but I never post there. People are mean to one another, and the "moderators" seem to encourage the nastiness.

I don't ask too many questions anymore, but I love reading trip reports, and seeing what everyone is up too. It's a great site for information, but an even better site for the people!

Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I think my Mom found it doing a search.She's always looking at the site, but she didn't want to make an account. So I decided I would join. I love this site!
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Diznee4me introduced me to intercot!

Post Thanks / Like

Early in 2007, my wife woke up after a dream and on a whim we started to plan a disney trip for september. I picked up the official & unoffical guides and found intercot listed.
    I tried a number of sites, but kept comming here because of the forum, the focus, and the rest of you.
    I love to laugh at your jokes, the funny stories and soo many cool things. I like that Intercot has such a positive attitude, a breath of fresh air, a little sunshine on a gloomy day.
    I always try to find the positives in life and this board has so many of them.
    I like this community, that we can be opinionated and have a discussion without getting nasty to each other. We can debate the finer points of life, but would rather debate about which is your favorite ride or if you could stay in a park overnight where would you stay.
    In short- I like you

Post Thanks / Like

I joined under a different nick back in 2000 when I took my then gf to WDW. I used Intercot to help plan since I had not been there for a real trip in many years. I signed up with this nick when we decided to go back after our honeymoon there. It was 7 years to get back after our honeymoon and we went with our 2 year old daughter.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: