Quantcast interesting rumor - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JabberJaws;1883716]I will say the following about this rumor:

[*]Considering the fact that the site was designed specifically for F!, including all electric wiring, water, facilities, etc etc, it wouldn't be feasible from a cost standpoint to gut it and replace it.

QUOTE]

Considering the fact that the 27,400 acres that Disney World now sits on was once swampland, don't ever say that it's not feasible. If Disney wants to do it, they can and will.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Don't forget that this is the same company that transformed what would be considered swamp land into a mega-entertainment resort.
    Different time -- different world.

That was personally driven by Walt. Although he didn't live to see it, it was his dream that made it happen.

Today's Disney is driven by short-term bottom-line, and keeping Wall Street happy.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

We absolutely LOVE Fantasmic! We took the local high school to Disneyworld one year and several adults had to wait and get seats for about 200 people. One of the kids remarked "it better be worth all this." Afterwards. I asked if it was. His face lit up and he said "Oh, yes!" If the show can make a cynical teenager grin and get starry eyed, imagine what it can do for the younger kids...or the chid in all of us. It would break our hearts to lose Fantasmic!
    Seconded. This show is quite possibly our favorite thing in the World, and we would be beyond heartbroken to see it go. That being said, we have never seen the Disneyland version (but after all this hype, I really want to!) We'd be totally on board for some improvements, though.

Post Thanks / Like

If Fantasmic went away I wouldn't miss it. I watched it once and thought it was okay.

I'd believe this when I see it. It's not likely to happen but stranger things have happened.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joelkfla View Post
    Different time -- different world.

That was personally driven by Walt. Although he didn't live to see it, it was his dream that made it happen.

Today's Disney is driven by short-term bottom-line, and keeping Wall Street happy.
    While that may be true about Disney company in whole, remember that Team Disney Orlando is driven by charging more and more money for things while lowering the product... Walmarting of Disney if you will.. They cut budgets for refurbs, they cut budgets for new rides, they cut budgets for maintenance... Do you all honestly think TDO will open up their pocket book to dismantle the ampitheater and build a huge e-ticket attraction??? That will cost way more than Everest... No way will TDO EVER spend that kind of money... Heck, even in the MK they dismantled a theater only to make it a staging ground for the SM refurb and then once that is done, into a parking lot... Huge chunk of prime real estate in their number 1 theme park and that is the direction they choose???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to F twice both times the wait was too long for the show. I like the show and all the special effects that go with F. I do not like to wait for it and I was not planning on seeing the show on our upcoming trip.

I would also like to see anther E-ticket attraction in its place. Narnia comes to mind.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

When I first saw F! in 2002 I was a 16 year old kid who was floored. I thought it was fabulous. We went again in 2007- 5 years difference- and I was underwhelmed. Did not enjoy it nearly as much as I had remembered. I won't see it again, and would welcome something new.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting rumor

I love the Fantasmic show. When I go I make a point to see it. It never gets old to me. In August my family will be there and I see they are only offering certain days of it. With this being said I make my schedule around it , so we can see it.
    My kids ask me everytime if the can see it.

I have never seen the Sorceror in the Sky. I looked it up and it looks like a fireworks show. I do not even see the one at MK.
    If they took the Fantasmic show away I will be very disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

So if Fantasy in the Sky came back, wouldn't the hat have to go? I think that alone would be a good reason.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

KILL
    THE
    HAT
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Mouse View Post
    I would also like to see anther E-ticket attraction in its place. Narnia comes to mind.
    Disney isn't making another Narnia film so don't count on a Narnia attraction. Prince Caspian wasn't the money maker they thought it would be. Disney is now concentrating on Prince of Persia. If Fantasmic was to be shut, which it won't, you would more likely see a Prince of Persia ride, not Narnia. Also, that area is hard to theme. How would Narnia fit on Sunset Blvd?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    KILL
    THE
    HAT
    May be happening sooner than later.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

We love Fantasmic and hate to hear it may go. I do think that DHS needs other rides similar to rrc and tot but needs to be on the other side of the park to take away conjestion on that street. I'd rather see the stunt show leave before Fantasmic.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

Screamscape reported a rumor this morning, that they might also be considering a "re-boot" of Fantasmic. In doing so, they would re-write the Florida version and give it a whole new script. They didn't give specifics nor anything concrete, but it sounds like the execs at WDW and DHS are at the least looking into how they can do something with this piece of property.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Hooray! I may be the minority, but after seeing fantasmic once we decided to never go back! I would love to see sorcery in the sky return and a new ride added!!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

I also haven't seen Fantasmic for years although I did really enjoy it the first few times. I just don't feel the need to keep going back. I would be interested in seeing it replaced with something different.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Screamscape reported a rumor this morning, that they might also be considering a "re-boot" of Fantasmic. In doing so, they would re-write the Florida version and give it a whole new script. They didn't give specifics nor anything concrete, but it sounds like the execs at WDW and DHS are at the least looking into how they can do something with this piece of property.
    Well, it is Screamscape so take it with a grain of salt. However, part of the reboot included a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea scene, which was supposed to be part of the "original" script. This so-called reboot would theme Fantasmic to Hollywood movies, not just Disney animated movies. Pirates would get a scene as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Well, it is Screamscape so take it with a grain of salt. However, part of the reboot included a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea scene, which was supposed to be part of the "original" script. This so-called reboot would theme Fantasmic to Hollywood movies, not just Disney animated movies. Pirates would get a scene as well.
    I'd be interested in this. I'd love to see them tweak it draw in those that say it doesn't touch them the way wishes does
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Fantasmic. I've seen it once and that was enough for me. I think it's the most ridiculous, meandering plot with kind of lame special effects. Totally not worth the time it takes to see it.

Sorcery in the Sky, on the other hand, used to be a really cool fireworks show. However, it was themed to movies, which almost seems out of place in today's version of the "studios."
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    I've always found Screamscape to be fairly reliable. If they have something that's unconfirmed, or rumor, they will say as much. In fact, I exchanged an email with him last week about the original posting of this thread, which in turn prompted today's news/rumor item. His comments to me were that he had not heard anything about the attraction's removal, only the information he posted today, about the possibility that they were looking at some kind of improvement to the show.

The improvement ideas were his own thoughts. Some were based on past ideas and some were his own ideas for what he thought COULD be done. The only thing he actually reported to the rumor was that they were considering some ways of how they could improve the show.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP