Quantcast In Disney Right Now, well not anymore :( Final Thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That's right, like it says in the title, we are at home. Put another trip on the shelf. One that was fill wonderful surprises and unforgetful memories. However, let's jump back for a bit.

When we last left, we were off to Cape May Cafe for supper and then to Epcot for the end of the evening and the end of the trip.

Cape May was awesome as always. As you can see, we are fans of Cape May (we eat there every trip and this time we ate there twice). I think the thing that keeps bringing us back to Cape May is definitely the quality. I am not a muscle and clam person but mom and Beckie sure are. They LOVE the clams and muscles here because they are cooked really well. Plus, they can have as much of it as they wish. I think another reason we eat here is because the food prepared really well and there is lots to choose from. Plus, the desserts are unbeliveable. If you have not tried thier Oreo Bon Bons, I suggest you make an ADR ASAP. They have a oreo cookie base and then they pile on an oreo cookie mouse and then dust it with powerdered chocolate. YUMMY!
    The last reason I think we really enjoy it here is that it is a place where we can have our seafood (shrimp, clams, etc.) but dad can have an abundance of other stuff (ribs, carved meats, etc). Dad is allergic to shellfish and he still love to eat here because there is so much other stuff to choose from. Plus, we really enjoy the service that we get here! The wait staff is really nice and they always keep our iced teas filled up (that's a big thing for us!).

After the feast, we headed over to Epcot to catch the Ventures. We only stayed for a few songs as we really wanted to give Chloe one more last ride with Donald in Mexico. Plus, we also wanted to try and get over to The Seas for one more ride with Nemo before it closed at nine. Well, thankfully we made it to both and we watched Chloe smile all the way. She still points out Donald everytime she sees him like we don't see him. "There he is! There he is!" It's very cute. Again, it was the same with Nemo, she pointed out Nemo and Crush every chance she got.

However, all good things must come to an end, and after we left The Seas, we realised that it was time for the inevitable; the vacation was drawing to and end. It was fitting that we ended the evening by catching the finale to Illuminations, hearing "We Go On" playing as the night came alive with the fireworks. Is it just me, or does that song put a lump in everyones throat?

We then drew out the walk back to the Swan, soaking up every single step as we walked through Canada, the UK, out the international gateway, and around the Boardwalk. Of course, because it was the last night and we had to treat ourselves one more time (even though we were still full from Cape May) and went in to get a treat from the Boardwalk Bakery. Then we headed back to the room and began the dreaded "Fit-Everything-Into-The-Suitcases" task. Not the most fun thing in the world but I did have a few "oh I bought that?" moments as I went through the Disney bags.

I am please to announce that everything did into suitcases. I even was able to deflate Chloe's two balloons that she got over the course of the trip and hopefully I will be able to get them inflated again for her birthday (WHICH IS COMING UP THIS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22ND!! 2 YEARS OLD!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE!! UNCLE BRETT LOVES YOU!!).

After the packing up, it was get into bed and just relax by watching the "Disney Must Dos" one more time before turning out the lights.

Well, of course, the morning did come, and it is just the complete opposite feeling of waking up in WDW for the first day of the vacation (we all know it's true). So, lazily, and without much motivation, we got ready and then headed down for breakfast at the Garden Grove. To be honest, it was very good and tasty. Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, were there so Chloe was happy and entertained. However, you just can't shake that "it's almost time to leave for the aiport" blues.

We then headed up to the room and collected the bags, headed down to the van, and began our trek to the aiport (with a short stop at DTD).

The plane ride was uneventful and I am now sitting in my chair, after a day of teacher, trying to relax. The suitcases are slowly getting unpacked but I don't want to unpack completely yet because that truly means the trip is really over.

Final thoughts? Ok, this is always a tough one to write. Last year it was Chloe and Kevin's first trip, so there was lots to say. Personally, this was my 25th trip down to WDW. For me, I think this trip was more about enjoying Disney the way we like to. After 25 trips, we definitely don't do the rushing around from attraction to attraction trying to get it all in. This trip, however, Now, there have been times when I have read or heard "why would you take a little child to WDW? They are hard to handle, they get fussy, and they won't remember a single thing." After reflecting on this trip, I guess I have to say, "who cares!" Yeah, they do get fussy sometimes. Yeah, they are not going to remember the experience. But, for us, we get to see that experience on their faces. So I guess my final thoughts will specifically centre on Chloe.

Chloe was amazing! We weren't sure what to expect from her this time. Last year, she was a baby. She could not walk, she fell asleep all the time, and we had to stop every so often to feed and change her. This year the worries were, would she be scared of the characters? Would she have a meltdown somewhere in the park? Would she put up a fight when she got super tired? To all of these questions, the answer was, for most part "no". She loved the characters! She ate when she wanted to! She told us when she needed to go to the potty (most of the time). She fell asleep in her stroller when it hit her. Finally, YES, she did have a few meltdowns here and there, but they were handled and we moved on.

I think for us, just watching her experiences as she was in the park, with the characters, at the swimming pool, make the trip just that much more special for us. We laughed when she figured out how to jump into the pool. We all watched in amazement when she saw her "best friend" Mickey Mouse show up at anytime in parades, at the Disney Studios dance party, and at the character meals. We chuckled everytime she would realise that we were leaving the hotel room to go somewhere and she would yell "let's go buddies" and usher us out the door.

For me though, I think the big thing was actually watching her notice things that I take for granted all the time we are there are WDW. There were times when she would stop and just sniff the flowers when they were around. She would marvel at the topiaries (especially the butterfly one at the Beach Club) and point and squeel at them. She would stop and want to look at any fountain any chance she could get. Every single firework that went off she had to point at and shriek. Every time she saw a monorail on the track, she would have to point it out to us. Her favorite rides, this trip, was Nemo and the Mexican boat ride with Donald Duck (2 rides that I don't think any of us would wait 20 minutes in line to see), and at every 3D attraction, she would reach out and try to grab what was in front of her.

To wrap this up, I learned from Chloe this trip. I realised that I need to stop every so often and marvel at the small things that I take for granted at WDW. The topiaries, the rides that aren't thrill rides, those fireworks that are going off, reaching out and trying to touch those 3D images, and last but not leat, stopping to smell the flowers and just slow down and take it all in. This is a vacation, after all. So the next time you are down in WDW, take that five minutes to stop, find some flowers, a bench, sit down, and enjoy the moment; even if it is only for a moment (that FP will still be good when you get there!)

Well, that's it for this trip. Thank you so much for all of your responses over the passed few days. It has been our pleasure to "bring you along" on the trip with us. Whether you were at home, at the office, or wherever, I hope you at least had a bit of a mini vacation through the reports. Again, it's easy to wite these types of trip reports because of a place like Intercot. It is an amazing site and we really appreciate all of the hard work that everyone does here on the boards to make this such a family friendly place on the web to come and discuss all things WDW related!

For the last time, have an awesome Disney day!

Until next year!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Brett, thank you so very much for taking the time to write your reports whilst on vacation. As DW and I have followed them we have felt we have been along for the ride! So descriptive! Your pictures have also been great to see (hope you get your camera fixed btw!).

It'll be our first trip to the World in Dec with DS (for his 4th birthday) and cannot wait to see Disney through his experiences.

Once again thank you!
    Previous Trips

11/1999 - All Star Movies
    11/2002 - All Star Movies
    12/2004-01/2005 - All Star Movies
    05/2007 - DLR Paris
    12/2007 - DLR Paris
    05/2008 - DLR Paris

Post Thanks / Like

Brett,
    I really enjoyed reading your trip report. It makes me all the more anxious as our trip with a first time 5 year old is coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Enjoy the memories. I started taking my daughters to WDW when they were 2 and 5(alone without daddy at that) and I get the comment every time, they aren't going to remember it, why do you spend all that money? Well I remember it, I still can see them when they were 2 and 5 and I also know that 7 and 9 has come way too fast.... so I will enjoy every moment of our next trip too. Happy Birthday to Chloe
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I truly enjoyed every one of your posts and all your pictures. I know it takes a lot of effort and just wanted you to know how appreciated your posts truly were!!
    June 26-July 6 2009 POP
    May 11-20 2007 POP
    May 4-8 2006 POP (w/ 70 yr/o parents)
    Nov 25-Dec 4 2005 CBR
    June 2-6 2005 POP (Star Wars)
    Nov 26-Dec 3 2004 POFQ
    Aug 21-28 2003 CBR
    June 13-21 2002 POFQ
    Sept 21-29 2001 CBR (Surprise Trip)
    Sept 20-30 2000 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you all had a wonderful trip! Chloe is a very lucky little girl. It is so sad when it all comes to an end. We do months and months of planning for a whirl wind week vacation. But it's oh so worth it!

Thanks for sharing it was nice living vicariously thru you for a while.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Loved you trip report!
    Thanks for sharing!
    If we can dream it, we really can do it,
    and that's the most exciting part!

“Come drift into an era of kings and golden idols, discover what you would have never missed, if you had never seen it in the first place.”
    Jungle Cruise radio

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us. I looked forward to your posts each morning. Chloe looked like she was in paradise and her pics were just precious. It made our 3 week wait for our vacation seem to come faster. We are looking forward to sharing that magic with our DS 6 and 2 and seeing things through their eyes.

Thank you again.!!

Post Thanks / Like

You have put into words so eloquently how most of us feel about our own trips to DW!Your observations on how to really enjoy the surroundings is something it has taken some of us several years to figure out. Your pictures were incredible and you have made me look forward (even more) to our next trip which is now only 30 days away. Thanks for your great reports!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for allowing me to enjoy your trip. I love reading and seeing your pictures from your trip. It was wonderful. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed reading your trip reports. Sounds like you had a great time. Happy Birthday to Chloe. I hope she has a great day.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I have enjoyed reading all about your trip to the land of magic. We are so looking forward to going back ourselves in Sept. Chloe gave you a fresh perspective and you are right, stop and enjoy a brief moment. Our grandsons will be with us for this trip ages 6 and 2, and even though the 6 yr old has been there 3 times already, the 2yrold will be his 2nd trip, the first being at 5 months of age, I intend to enjoy a lot of brief moments with my grandsons.

Your writing is awesome and your ability to describe made me feel like I was there with you. Thanks again for sharing your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you had a great last night and day in disney!
    im glad you all had such a wonderful trip!
    thank you soooooo much for sharing your trip with us!! i always enjoy reading all about it..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brett, some little girl is going to be very happy someday to call you daddy!!! Great reports!! I really enjoyed reading them as well as all the wonderful photos!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great reports and pictures. It was a daily treat to be able to read them. Just being able to follow along with where your family was is alot of fun. Congrats on American Idol. We went once and really enjoyed it.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Brett,

Thank you for writing the trip report that I would never be able to write (I'm not as literarily inclined as you!) We just returned from a trip to WDW with our 1 year old son and I am now a believer that you are never too young - or too old! - for a WDW vacation...

You also put into words exactly how I feel on the last morning of our trips. It's amazing how depressing you can feel when you are getting ready to leave. Last month, I decided it was homesickness. I was actually sad about leaving WDW just like I would be if I were leaving home for an extended period of time.

I enjoyed your report immensely - thanks for taking us along.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful days with us! I enjoyed reading them and enjoyed looking at all of your fantastic pictures! Yes, it is very sad to leave Disney and come back to the real world, but you'll be back! I have 3 kids and they do remember the trips! My 3 years still talks about our trip from January. Can't wait to go back with my family again in September. You're definitely right when you look at Disney through a little ones eyes. It does make you slow down and enjoy that Disney magic! Thanks again!!!
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip reports.

Even greater final thoughts.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to write the reports so all of us can share your trip.
    Like I have said before...you are the best trip report on intercot! I hate it when you leave as much as you do!
    And if you are interested...I would love to fix you up with a great looking friend of mine...she is a very nice girl and you would be MUCH closer to WDW in Atlanta
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys really had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: