Quantcast Tell me why you will only stay on site? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Many reasons. I do like parking the car and no more driving. The atmosphere when you stay on property keeps you in a Disney state of mind. very convenient
    " I'm Grumpy cause you're Dopey "

CSR MAR 2012
    POR Jan 2012
    WLR Christmas 2010
    CSR July 2010
    A S Sports- Agst 2009
    CBR - ESPN Weekend 2009
    CSR - ESPN Weekend 2008
    POR - Sept 2007
    YC - July 2006
    POR - Christmas 2005

GRUMPY DUDE

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed off property and on. We will never stay off property again if we can help it. As posted above, it is the total emersion. We don't get to go to Hawaii or Cancun or on cruises so we emerse ourselves in the theme of the resort and parks and feel like we are far away from the real world and thoroughly enjoy it. I always hate to leave on the last day. Staying at one of the resorts is a vacation in a vacation. Love all the other amenities also and the dining plan. With all the discounts that are offered through out the year, we can always stay for just as good a price as anywhere else and not have to fight the traffic or get up real early just to be at the parks when they open and then take that long drive back when we are all worn out at night.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT! There are places to stay that are off Disney property???? You are a keeding me right.

On-site is the only way to go.

I go to Disney for all that Disney is....my husband, he goes for Wilderness Lodge.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

#1 - Disney magic.
    #2 - Not having to rent a car.
    #3 - Not having to find a parking spot and walking to and from your car when you're tired.
    #4 - Not having to worry about directions.
    #5 - They pick you up at the airport and drop you off.
    #6 - Extra magic hours.
    #7 - You get dropped off at the front of the park and don't have to walk/catch a train cart.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest reason for my staying on site? If you stay off-site, every time you go back to your room you have to pass under the WDW logo Welcome sign. It's like leaving your vacation every night. It sounds silly, but it is true and depressing. You may not get this if you are staying down by DTD, but otherwise.. yeah... just depressed me every time. So I choose to stay on property.

OK that is not the biggest reason, but I already listed the others!

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i used to stay of site for many years and eventually we stayed at the CBR in 2006 and since then we couldnt go back to offsite .

Main reason is that WDW atmosphere that engulfs you and the added excitement of going and booking the chosen resort your going to.
    The freindleness of the cast members and the bonus of having your presents you buy in the parks delivered to your resort .... Yep once bitten its hard to ever go back
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

{{{sigh}}} It's just MAGIC.

Where else can a little girl wear a princess dress and be greeted by a bus driver "Welcome Aboard Princess" or be greeted by a Hotel CM "Good Morning Princess"...or be kissed on the cheek by Prince Charming??? Where else can a child truly believe that Minnie & Mickey know she is back visiting??? Where else can you get lost in Neverland...or ride a boat through Pirate territory...where can you hop on a bus and magically get to your destination... where food and fun are always plentiful and worries are far and few between???

From the moment Magical Express picks you up until the moment you leave it is just pure MAGIC. We simply cannot wait until we are in the Happiest Place on Earth called Disney World...only 16 days to go!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we'll "see" ya there, we have 19 days!!!!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

Post Thanks / Like

For our first two trips we stayed off site...Never gain..Why you ask?...Weeell..And keep in mind everything at Disney does not go off without a hitch.. But for me the transportaion alone is worth the money. When I stayed off site I was more worried about the drive home then having fun.

- Total Disney Experiance...From the Cast Members too the Resort you stay at... I just will never stay off site again..

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerddeedee View Post
    We've only stayed off site. Our first trip on site is coming in May and I am beside myself!!!
    Tell me all of the reasons you like to be on site!
    If for no other reason it's worth it for the perks: the free Magical Express transport to and from the airport and the attendant luggage service...the extra magic hours in the parks is worth it alone...being able to buy stuff in the parks and have it sent to your hotel so you don't have to cart it around with you the rest of the day. Plus, as other posters have rightly pointed out, being "in the magic" all the time is just priceless.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Along with the WDW 24/7 you also have the aspect that, everyone you meet, all your neighbors, the guy/gal you talk to while your out getting a soda or some milk are all Disney freaks just like you !!
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Once you are there you don't have to drive ANYWHERE! Let Disney do the transportation.

If you are over 21 and like to have an adult beverage you do not have to worry about which one is your party is the DD.

Items purchase are delivered back to your resort.

ALL THE DISNEY MAGIC from great cast memebers to the towel origami to being truly feeling like you are someone very special.

More ecco friendly since we are all carpooling on the Disney buses!
    12/98' Caribbean Beach
    2/00' Dixie Landings
    11/01' Port Orleans-RS
    11/03' Port Orleans-RS
    2/05' Beach Club Villas
    3/07' Port Orleans-RS
    2/08' All Star Sports (for 1.5 days, but we still count it!)
    12/09' Port Orleans-FQ

Post Thanks / Like

Never stayed off-site. Just can't imagine that we ever would. Once you have stayed on site I don't feel that there is any other option. My opinion only..........and DH and DS.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

We will only stay on site because of it's simplicity. You can park your car and never, ever have to step foot in it again for your entire length of stay. Or upon arriving via limo step right into your resort - the fabulous Wilderness Lodge in our case, and be surrounded by all the magic of Disney without a worry as to how you're going to get somewhere. All those pressures are gone and you can relax and enjoy your vacation.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerddeedee View Post
    Maybe we'll "see" ya there, we have 19 days!!!!
    Hoooray!!!!! See ya there...we'll be at the Grand Floridian. Wave to us!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with everyone in that it's about being totally emersed (did I spell that right? probably not) in the whole Disney experience - but the main thing for me? Not just because of transporation...

....but the transportation at NIGHT. Nothing like tearing up the parks until sundown and know the worst aggravation you're going to have is you might have to wait for the second bus.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

We went to DLR in January- the trip was not great mostly because of leaving the magic every day to re-enter Anaheim. ugh
    Port Orleans FQ 1992
    All Star Sports 2004
    Contemporary 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004
    Pop Century 2006
    Beach Club 2006
    Contemporary 2006
    Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites 2009
    All Star Music 2014
    Coronado Springs 2014
    Pop Century November 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have only stayed off-site once and that was my first trip to wdw when I was 6 years old. Every year since then, we've stayed on property, and wouldn't do it any other way! I love feeling the magic as soon as we get on the DME bus to our resort...the magic doesn't go away until we get to the airport to go back home at the end of our trip. We love using Disney Transportation.. it may have its flaws at times, but its very convenient for getting around, and its part of the magic for us. We have never had any issues staying at any of the wdw resorts, and all of our stays have been pleasant. I love the smells of the rooms...i know I'm weird! LOL But theres something about the resorts that is very different from hotels off-site. They are kept nice at all times, the foodcourts are great, the amenities are wonderful! My favorite resort so far is Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside...love love love these 2 resorts!! The boat to DTD is really relaxing and nice. There is so much you can do at POR. FQ is where I'll stay from now on...its small, quiet, the colors and landscaping are beautiful, and the rooms are great. I cannot say it enough how much he love staying on property!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marriedbythemouse View Post
    We get asked a lot why we stay (we live less than an hour away) but really it's so nice to let Disney do the Driving as it were.
    Hi neighbor!

We always get asked the same thing, and we do go for occasional day trips, but they're nothing like the pleasure of staying over. Actually, a lot of people here in FL seem to wonder why we go regularly at all, but, as I tell my wife...they must be out of touch with their inner mouse
    1st visit: summer of 1974
    ...many visits through the 80s, 90s, 00s...
    ***last visit: May 2 - 5, 2009 - Pop Century *** - Epcot Flower and Garden Fest / my birthday
    ***coming up: Fall 2009 - *** - Epcot Intl Food and Wine Fest
    GO RAYS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    ...everyone you meet, all your neighbors, the guy/gal you talk to while your out getting a soda or some milk are all Disney freaks just like you !!
    Great point! I never actually put my finger on it, but this is a BIG part of why staying at the resort is so great.

I agree that CMs aren't always perfect, but...all in all, the level of service received at Disney 24/7 -- even at a value or moderate resort -- is far superior to service you will get in any national chain, other than the very few (and hardly affordable) elite chains.
    1st visit: summer of 1974
    ...many visits through the 80s, 90s, 00s...
    ***last visit: May 2 - 5, 2009 - Pop Century *** - Epcot Flower and Garden Fest / my birthday
    ***coming up: Fall 2009 - *** - Epcot Intl Food and Wine Fest
    GO RAYS!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: