Quantcast Private Transportation to Port

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Private Transportation to Port

We are staying 5 days at a value resort on a special deal we got via email and then taking another AWESOME deal on a 3 day Bahama's cruise. We were racking our brain on options to get from our value resort to the port. We considered riding back to the airport and then take the DCL transportation, but that would be lots of extra time and the cost one way for our family is $138. I've heard there are private shuttle/limo services that cost a bit less.

Anyone have experience with these? Any drawbacks? Any perks? Any you can recommend? If you can't post, feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

DCL does have transportation from some of the resorts and from the Animal Kingdom park to the port, so there's no need to go to the airport to catch the bus.

I don't have any info on other alternatives; I'm sure someone will come along with that info.

Did you take advantage of the $99/pp deal based on your Feb cruise? I just booked today for Oct 22nd. Tremendous deal!
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    DCL does have transportation from some of the resorts and from the Animal Kingdom park to the port, so there's no need to go to the airport to catch the bus.

Did you take advantage of the $99/pp deal based on your Feb cruise? I just booked today for Oct 22nd. Tremendous deal!

We knew about DCL traveling from certain resorts. Ours isn't one of them and the only way to get us and our stuff over to one of the resorts that offers transportation is more $$ for a cab ride.

Yes, we booked the $99 deal for Oct 29. The kids are going to love Halloween on the boat!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a private towncar service and if you look over on the left hand side under ICOT sponsors, you'll see Quicksilver as an option.

I liked the private service, because they picked up where we were located and it was on our time schedule.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We used a towncar service when we went on our New Year's Eve cruise. It picked us up from the GF when we wanted to be picked up and we got to the port with no worries. Just call around and see what kind of deal you can get.
    șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Power View Post
    We used a towncar service when we went on our New Year's Eve cruise. It picked us up from the GF when we wanted to be picked up and we got to the port with no worries. Just call around and see what kind of deal you can get.
    Does the town car have enough room for a family of 4 along with all our luggage?
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Towncars will hold up to 4 guests, with plenty of room for the luggage. I believe Quicksilver will even stop off at the grocery store if you want. We usually pick up some water, snacks and sand toys on the way to the ship.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    Does the town car have enough room for a family of 4 along with all our luggage?
    We had 2 adults and 2 kids (DD almost 13 and DD 6 at the time) plus enough luggage for a New Year's Eve 7-night cruise (which meant more stuff for the sailing than a regular 7-night cruise, at least for us ).
    șOș

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Any suggestions for a family of five on a seven-night cruise? We need to get from Orlando to port, and then back again afterward... it it sounds like the towncar might not fit us .

--
    Brian Davis

Post Thanks / Like

Towncar services often have SUV's for larger families. So I'd call around and ask what they offer and what their fee is.

HTHs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Hmm. Any suggestions for a family of five on a seven-night cruise? We need to get from Orlando to port, and then back again afterward... it it sounds like the towncar might not fit us .

--
    Brian Davis
    Upon looking further online into companies like Quicksilver and ********* - they offer vehicles from 4 people to 22! So look around and I'm sure you'll find something big enough to accomodate.
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of shuttle services around the ORlando area that will travel out to the port. In the end it all depends on your schedule and how much you want to spend. Personally I love DCL transportation, it is comfy and there is just something about watching the preview video that ends just as you come over the horizon and see your boat... just magical. But if you can't make it to one of the hotels that it leaves from, I suggest a shuttle for 4 or more people.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: