Quantcast Favorite Memory

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Memory

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Memory

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite memory of WDW was. It can either be a childhood one or a memory of being there as an adult or with your own family.

My favorite actual takes place at DL in the 70's. I was about 4 and went with my family and I just remember the sheet joy of being there and seeing Mickey! I didn't think anything could ever be better than that!
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Mine was in 2006 when DH and I were there for a convention.
    We were in AK at night and were dancing to a romantic steel drum duo in an intimate little alcove off the main path. We were alone ~ with the guys playing just for us. It is the most magical moment I've ever had there (so far)!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

One that I remember well was when we went in 1998 (I was 8) and went for the character breakfast at the Donald's Restraunasaurus in Animal Kingdom. Mickey and Donald were there at the time, Goofy and Pluto elsewhere in the restraunt.

Somehow I had upset Mickey, it may have been down to those Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes they used to do - when eating one I may have pulled the ear off. We weren't in the main room by the buffet but a side room with a fire exit at the far end. Mickey went and tried to push me out of the fire exit, causing Donald to run over. I ducked under Mickey's arm and Donald pushed Mickey out of the fire exit, then stood around laughing about it for a while.

It was just memorable getting such a reaction from the characters over a pancake. It's a story that still comes up every now and then and we all laugh about it.

Donald earned a lot of respect off me that day for saving me, Mickey seemed to have forgiven me by the next time we met that vacation, acting as if it had never happened.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

About 12ish years ago when I was about 9 we went to Mickey's Toontown Fair (I believe thats what that part of MK was called). We were in the tent to see the characters and went to see the villians . Well Jafar decided to "capture" my dad and had him backed into a corner. I was told the only way to get my Dad back was to bend down and kiss Jafar's feet. Evidently the castmembers didn't count on me as I promptly said "you can have him" and walked out. My dad still hasn't forgiven me for not "rescuing" him...
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite was in 2007 when we took Chloe - she was only 16 months old and we met up with Mickey Mouse at the new character stop in Epcot. There she was just sitting in my arms waiting in line and when we got up front - she realized who was standing there and her whole body started to wiggle and she kept pointing and yelling "MICKEY! MICKEY!" and she had the biggest grin on her face which thankfully my husband snapped a picture of. When we went up to meet Mickey - she had no fear - she grabbed him by the nose and looked deep in his eyes and was just babbling the whole time - the Photopass guy got some great shots which we spent a small forturne one - but when ever I think about that moment it makes me smile.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

My birthday at MK in 2003 was the most magical birthday ever. I believe this was the year of Mickey's 75th bday and his bday is on the 18th of November just a few days before mine. I had breakfast with him at Chef Mickey's and I told him it was my birthday too but I wasn't as old as he is and he didn't like that too much! After breakfast I was walking down Main Street in MK and the Dapper Dans Quartet serenaded me...I was embarrased but it was neat. Then I watched Wishes that night at CG where they made me a magical dessert. It was a birthday I will never forget.

I have to say I will also never forget Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...I was always a fan of that!
    88- Grand Floridian
    98- All Star Sports
    00- Caribbean Beach
    03- Port Orleans FQ
    09- Pop- FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

I first visited in 1985 as a teenager with my mom. I was about to go to FInland for a year as an exchange student. I loved Figment, but as a "cool teen" I wouldn't get my picture taken with him. I always regretted that.

As an adult I'd made several trips, Figment had never been out. Then one day, as I left Figment's ride, A CM said Figment is over ther. He was all set up in a room. No one was ther and I got to take all the pictures I wanted. It made me ridiculously happy!

Post Thanks / Like

We took our oldest for the first time when she was 2. Lilo and Stitch had come out not too long before that, and that was the first movie we took her to see. She instantly fell in love with Stitch! While the other little girls were pushing around baby dolls in toy strollers, mine was pushing around alien Experiment 626.

When we got to AK, Stitch was out. I will never forget the look on her face when she saw him. When I asked her who that was, she said "Stitch!" in the most hushed, awed voice I've ever heard her use. We got lots of great pics of course!

Post Thanks / Like

The memory that gets to my heart everytime is our first trip and my DS was 5 at the time. We were watching the parade on Main Street and when he saw the Lion King Float with Simba he started waving like crazy and yelling to him to try to get his attention. He tried with all his might to get Simba to wave to him. It was priceless.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

2007 was my first visit to WDW (I grew up going to Disneyland). When I walked down Main Street for the first time and saw the castle, I gasped. It reminded me why I love Disney so much and how Disney has the magic to make you feel five years old again.
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is when i first took my dad who was prolly the complete opposite of what a disney fan is. He didn't want to go that bad but we got him to go finally. We were staying at saratoga springs and got there in the evening and decided to go to magik kingdom for Evening EMh. We took the bus and got to the MK and my dad was just awestruck. He was walking faster than us and wanted us to get there as fast as possible. He loved it and he has become a HM fan just like me.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rikki

Rickki age 5.

After a predawn drive to the airport, a flight to Orlando and hotel check-in we still did a marathon day at the MK. (not smart)

We stayed longer than we planned to and waited for SpectroMagic.

When our section of the park went dark and the music swelled Rikki started crying.

"Rikki! Why are you crying?" we asked.

Rikki replied, "Even my toes are excited!"

PS: After the parade Rikki went to sleep and I carried her back to the hotel. She was sleeping so soundly I probably could have dragged her by the hair.

PPS: Rikki is honeymooning next month at WDW.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many but the most memorable was probably our last trip when we stayed on property and went on vacation by ourselves for the first time. Beka (my sis) has dreamed of going back to WDW for several years and I finally saved enough to take her to celebrate her high school graduation. I'll never forget when I handed her her room key and she was just in awe and grabbed me in a hug and said "Thank you Tiff." Then there was her first ride on BTMRR that trip, her first thrill ride. We got off and she had a huge smile on her face and wanted to ride again! I was so glad to be there to experience these "firsts" with her. I don't think the huge grin left her face the entire trip (especially at Chef Mickey's and AC--her first "bar" even though she was only 19).
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

My first time going to WDW was in 2006 when I was 22. Just walking down Main Street for the first time looking at the castle with my boyfriend was an unforgettable moment.
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite memory is from my first WDW visit when I was six years old. On our last night, we got on the ferry to TTC, and the fireworks started just as the boat was pulling away from the dock. My grandfather was holding me as we sailed away. It was amazing!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have two. It is impossible to jam so much Disney magic into one memory!

The first would be when I went at three years old with just my dad. We only went to MK and I can remember being in complete awe of the castle and the teacups. I still look at the pictures.

The second would be the first time going with friends. There always seems so much more to do when you have people other than your family there.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

As a child, my best memory is sitting outside Cindy's Castle watching The Main Street Electrical Parade. I now have that theme music on my ipod, and it reminds me of being 11 years old.

As an adult, my best memory is of my two DDs taking part in acting out "Beauty and the Beast" storytime on the little patio adjacent to Cindy's Castle. They were six and four years old, and played the parts of Mrs. Potts and Chip. Afterward, they were allowed to stay, talk to Belle, get her autograph, and pose for pictures. It was especially nice because only those who were actually in the play got to meet Belle--there was no long line like there usually is when you meet characters.
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...this is a tough one!

I think my favorite memory is of our trip when I was 7. We stayed at CR in an MK view room, and could watch the fireworks every night from our balcony. It was a wonderful end to a magical day!

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Until October last year I would have said it was the ferry boat ride from MK parking lot to MK. It was our first park, first trip. Pretty cool.

In October I treated my best friend and her 7 year old, H, to a trip to WDW. It was their first visit, and the 7 year old's first time on an airplane. Neither one of them really had any clue what they were in for, but by the end of the trip, they both really got why I love it so much. The best part of the trip was on our last day in the parks. We were eating breakfast at CP, and H just couldn't contain herself. She was just giddy meeting all the characters. I have one picture from that morning, that still just makes me cry. The look on her face was priceless, and won't be one I forget for a long, long time.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Rickki age 5.

"Rikki! Why are you crying?" we asked.
    Rikki replied, "Even my toes are excited!"

PPS: Rikki is honeymooning next month at WDW.
    Congratulations!
    my DD will love that one and here's ours...
    age 4. Lunch in the castle and the FG tells her to go upstairs to eat and that she might meet Cinderella soon. As our little darlin' in her Cinderella t-shirt dress is watching her own feet going UP the winding staircase she suddenly perceives a lovely gown and slippers coming DOWN. She stands absolutely frozen in her tracks and then ever so slowly looks up at that smiling face. She was mesmerized as were we and that was our Disney hook.
    12 years later we surprised her with a Sweet 16 to WDW (we live over 1,000 miles away so she WAS impressed)
    fast forward another 2 years; DD is now a freshman at UCF and surprises US with a phone call that she has just auditioned and will be working part time for the mouse.
    Disney dream come true

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: