Quantcast POFQ fans? or foes?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ fans? or foes?

Ok gang, let's hear your French Quarter stores! Any good, bad or neutral stories? What did you like, dislike, or just take note of? Thinking of staying there next trip, but would like some friendly tips or info first. Thanks again!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Stayed for only 1 night. But we really liked the look and feel. Definitely worth the cost of upgrading from value resorts. The theme pool looked so fun, but we didn't have a chance to use it. Classy. Comfy. Check-in was quick and courteous. Awesome live music in the lounge.

Next time we go, this is definitely the resort we plan on staying at.
    Hi ho, hi ho
    To Disney World I go!

Post Thanks / Like

I love it there!

It's pleasantly compact, which means that there's no such thing as an inconvenient room.

It had a nice "feel" to it ... I can't explain it, but I know I felt it.

Before I was ever there, I remember people making such a big deal about the boat ride to Downtown Disney, and I remember thinking, Oh, big deal!" Well, I learned to appreciate it and love it, and look forward to it.

If I'm looking for a Moderate, I'd be very very happy to stay at POFQ again.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it there too; although, my stay there was awhile ago. It was very nice and no long walks to the food court, bus stop, etc. My only complaint was sharing busses with POR. I do not know if they still do this.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

For us we love the size of the resort. It doesn't take long to get anywhere on resort property. Plus since POR is a sister resort, you can use the facilities there as well. The boat to DTD is an added bonus as well. One morning we rented a boat for a nice tour down to OKW. It was a nice way to see your way around the area.

Our kids love the pool slide, though tame compared to other resorts. The pool is rather large for the size of the resort so it just never seems busy.

For us, we have tried all moderate resorts and really feel that POFQ is our favourite by far.

Here are a bunch of pictures of our stay at POFQ.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Another POFQ fan here!

We've stayed at FQ twice, and are staying there again for our upcoming trip.

I like the small size and compact layout. After a long day in the parks, I like that everything is close together, and it is such a pretty walk, down the "streets" of the resort.

DD LOVES the pool and the slide. I have to admit that I'm not really sure why, but she was the biggest one insisting that we go back to FQ for this trip. She just loves it! We enjoy that the food court is close enough that we can buy a meal, and take it poolside and eat and swim.

DH is the reason we first stayed at FQ. He loves the theming, the beignets at the food court and the hurricanes at the bar

There is something quaint about the resort, you feel like you're away from the craziness of the parks.

It is a great place to stay
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ is my favorite resort so far, having stayed at all values and mods except POR and ASMo. We love the small size of the resort, the room decor, the curtain at the bathroom area, the blinds on the windows, the fridge and coffeemaker, the easy-to-navigate "streets", the outdoor theming with the gardens and fountains, the pool, the boat to DTD, and the covered bus-stop. It's so quiet and peaceful. About the only things we don't like is that the bus is often shared with POR and the food court is small but has a pretty good offering of hot foods - it's the grab-n-go stuff that it lacks. It's definately one resort that I'll be visiting again!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We love the FQ. Like many of the posters here said, it a nice small resort. It's easy to get wherever you need to go (everything is within a 5 minute walk). It has the boat to DTD, lovely design (my DW and I just love walking along the river at night). Overall it is a very comfortable resort with a great pool and great CM's. If you do go there, make sure to stop by the food court and say hello to Ethel (she is one of the hardest working CM's there, and makes you feel right at home).

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, love POFQ!! We stayed there for X-Mas 2007. We all know that at X-Mas time the parks and resort are pretty much sold out. But I have to tell you that POFQ never felt crowded!! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The lines at the bus stop were never crowded, but you do share a bus with Riverside. That didn't bother us though. We loved the boat to DTD. FQ just seemed like a much more relaxed atmosphere. Our room was in Bldg #7, the furthest bldg from the lobby/food court, but it didn't fee like it. At the end of a long day, it was just a quick walk to the room.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Another POFQ fan here. We love the size and compactness of the resort. All that without feeling crowded. The gardens are wonderful. Everything is close by. Beignets are a wonderful snack.

Check out CanadianWDWFan's photos. They look a lot like the one I have on my Windows desktop! Must be the Canadian eye.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

this is my favorite Mod resort.
    It is very peaceful and I love the smaller size resort. Nothing is too far away.

Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ Fan

I'm a fan also. I found the atmosphere to be very relaxing. We all loved the pool, and the adults loved the hot tub. I enjoyed the boat ride to DTD, it's a great way to travel.

The food court had plenty of variety for us, and yum, beignets!

I think you'll enjoy this Resort. Have a great visit!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pofq Yay!!

We love POFQ for all the same reasons as everyone else. We will be staying there again for our up coming trip in May. Can't wait.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I am staying there for the first time in August and it is lovely to read so many great comments about the resort
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    My only complaint was sharing busses with POR. I do not know if they still do this.
    From my own personal perspective, the bus sharing thing with POR wasn't a complaint for me.

Maybe it's because I've stayed at other Moderate resorts ... Caribbean Beach Resort has 7 internal stops for park buses, and Coronado Springs Resort has 4. Combined, POFQ and POR have 5.

Buses to each of the parks start at POFQ, and then sometimes continue on to POR (the bus to Downtown Disney starts at POR). During my 7 mornings at POFQ, the bus I was on went into POR only twice; one of those two times it stopped at only one stop, and it was only the other one time that we went around to all 4 POR stops.

Also, just as an FYI, when leaving Magic Kingdom after 3 p.m., POFQ and POR have separate buses.

Post Thanks / Like

As you can see from my signature block, it is the only WDW resort that we have stayed at. We have toured many of the other resorts but love POFQ. Enough said!
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

The theming is great and we had nice, quiet room overlooking the river. The drawbacks for me are the food court and only having one pool, although you can use the pools at Riverside.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We're staying there for the first time in June. I've stayed at CBR, POR, ASM, and off site (early in my WDW career) I'm very excited, having read all the glowing reports!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

We only stayed there one night, but we enjoyed it so much that we considered changing our reservation from AKL for the rest of the week! We didn't, ultimately, but we definitely want to try a more extended stay at POFQ in the future.
    2003 - CBR and AKL
    2004 - Pop, BC, and WL
    2005 - Dolphin, GF, BC, and Poly
    2006 - POR and CSR
    2007 - CBR and AKL
    2008 - AKL and BC
    2009 - Poly and BC
    2010 - ESPN weekend at BWI - Grown Ups Only!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the biggest fan of POFQ. I wasn't all that thrilled with the theming - I thought the theming of PORS was better. We also had a really bad room last time (dark, kinda dank, and the bed was horrible - a huge sag in the middle - the bed looked like a crater even when fully made up). The cast members we interacted with were great, however, and I do love the begnets.
    Jambo everyone!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: