Quantcast Advice on Disney date night

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on Disney date night

This summer we are taking our little boy on his first Disney trip. We are going with my parents and my younger brother. My parents are going to babysit our son one night so DH and I can go on a date! We want to do something we have never done before. I have come up with a few ideas, but I need advice from people who have experience with these restaurants. Since we have a little one and I have been on maternity leave for almost three months, we can't spend too much on this one night. Here are the ideas.

1.Le Cellier (if we can get an ADR), Illuminations, and Jellyrolls. And since Le Cellier is a difficult ADR to get, what restaurants in WS or Boardwalk area would you reccomend as a back-up?

2. Boma and then drinks at the AKL.

3. California Grill and Wishes. It is a little out of our budget, but we thought about sharing a first course, entree, and dessert- which I am not even sure we can do!?

Let me know what you think. If you think you have a better idea, please let me know...

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely go with the California Grill option. Le Cellier's okay, but it's really just not that romantic or special. California Grill is fantastic, great food and service. Though people do sometimes bring kids (which is fine, it's Disney), it does have a more romantic atmosphere with incredible views. You can share dishes. You can have an amazing meal without even ordering entrees. I would split two appetizers with some nice wine, and two desserts. That will be plenty of food. The fireworks from the rooftop deck are incredible.

If you prefer an Illuminations evening, I wouldn't even book a restaurant. I would enjoy World Showcase, stopping at each country to share snacks, drinks, and counter service meals. I would wrap it up early at the UK and find seats in the Beer Garden area outside of the Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing. Then maybe head to the Boardwalk.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get LeCellier, take a look at Coral Reef. They have good food and service. There is a big aquarium in the restaurant which creates a nice ambiance.

Rose & Crown in England - try to time your ADRs so you sit outside and can view illuminations.

I have never been but the restuarant in Mexico is supposed to be nice and kind of romantic since there's a waterway flowing by.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think all 3 of your options are excellent. I really like your California Grill option - we've already done it! And do NOT hesitate to go in there and share some dishes. Just a couple weeks ago my wife and I dined there, and we shared 3 appetizers, 1 entree, and some dessert - you don't have to spend a fortune. Make sure you time things well for the Wishes fireworks on the night you are going - it's a great view from their outside deck (or from some of the tables inside if you can get near a window on the MK side of the restaurant).

If you decide on EPCOT and Illuminations (and can't get Le Cellier), Rose and Crown is very nice, but my wife and I also enjoy an evening in China - they have a very under-rated restaurant with excellent food.

Have a great evening.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I got to have a date night this past December, and we went with Le Cellier and Illuminations. It was a very nice evening and we got to hear The British Invasion before dinner, stroll a bit through the WS and then watch the show. We even had some time to take a boat to the Boardwalk and stroll a bit there too...very nice evening and no kids at WS makes it even a better time!
    Mother of 2
    DVC Member since 09/07
    ASM 09/07
    VB 01/08
    AKV Concierge 09/08
    AKV Studio Savannah View 12/08
    DCL - Wonder 10/09
    AKV Jambo House, Concierge 01/10

Future Trips:
    BWV 09/10
    Hawaii DVC in 2011! Woo Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get Le Cellier you might want to look at Narcoosse's at the Grand Floridian. My hubby and I always plan a date night for Narcoossee's. It is on the water and we have often had our reservation during the time that the fireworks take place. It's magical to watch the fireworks, listen to the music and enjoy a very special meal. The service is terrific and we have never had a bad meal there. (Just to let you know it is on the pricey side.)

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
    Dec. 1999--Poly
    June 2000--Disneyland
    Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
    Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
    Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
    Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Post Thanks / Like

Jikos! not that much more expensive than Boma and it is the more romantic/date friendly of the AKL restaurants. Boma is a family buffet and you will feel like you've got your kids with you!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

How about an excellent meal at Kona, then a walk on the beach at the Poly to watch "Wishes". I find the Poly to be a very romantic spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dtootsie42 View Post
    If you can't get Le Cellier you might want to look at Narcoosse's at the Grand Floridian. My hubby and I always plan a date night for Narcoossee's.
    I agree with Narcoosse's we where completely impressed. If not what about Yatchsman Steakhouse at the Yatch club.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Natazu Guest

California Grill (Signature Dining) ☺☺☺☺☻
    It's hard to beat this restaurant for value, even though it's a little expensive. Why? Consistency. With a packed house every night, the expert staff led by veteran General Manager and Master Sommelier Bridget Sherren consistently turns out timely, perfectly prepared, gourmet fare, served by consummate professional servers. You rarely see a new face at CG because the staff is happy there. Everyone works well together because they’re a team, from George at the bar to Ashley on the floor and Gary in the wine room. Don’t miss a chance to try some of the best sushi in Central Florida from the knife of world-renowned sushi Chef Yoshi. Then, sample the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli, and save room for a Filet Mignon you can cut with a fork. For dessert, THE Valrhona Chocolate Cake (OMG, my copy of Microsoft Word has learned to auto-correct “valrhona”).

Le Cellier Steakhouse (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺☻
    With spotty service being the only drawback, Le Cellier is a consistent crowd pleaser. The Cheddar Cheese Soup is top notch and the Duck Two-Ways is as good as it is good (little chef joke there). One of the few restaurants you can get an appetizer on the basic Dining Plan (of you order the combo meal), it’s a great value anytime. It just doesn't have the special something that makes California Grill the best.

Boma – Dinner Buffet (Table Service)☺☺☺☻
    As far as buffets go, this one is a gem. The food is well-seasoned with unique tastes from the African coast. For the faint of heart, there are plenty of American dishes to sample. And no mention of Boma would be complete without bringing up Zebra Domes, the twin-chocolate-mouse-angel-food confection that brings people in over and over.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: