Quantcast What would you like to see next... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some night-time entertainment?
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joker, what kind of night-time entertainment? Have any ideas for something new to do at Disney at night-time?

Post Thanks / Like

First the comments...

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    I would love for them to build a Disney Museum.
    That's an EXCELLENT idea. It kind of exists as a tribute to Walt in One Man's Dream at DHS but I really like the idea of expanding on it and including props and artifacts from old movies and old attractions. It could definitely be done in those old studios at DHS and really should be done sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    How about some night-time entertainment?
    Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    Hi Joker, what kind of night-time entertainment? Have any ideas for something new to do at Disney at night-time?
    I agree. I know that as 24 year old male, I'm pretty much the bottom of their target audience but I hate how my choices after, say, 8pm is "go to crowded theme park that happens to be open" or "go to bed." That having been said, they tried the nightlife thing with Pleasure Island and it didn't really work, so I can't blame them for scrapping it and starting over.

My ideas?

I think it's a excessive to say they should NEVER build another theme park. The economy is going to rebound and in another time of creative excellence and economic growth like the 90's, Disney WILL build another park. I, however, do agree that this should not (and almost certainly will not) happen for many years, maybe two or three decades.

For now, yes, Disney needs to make some improvements in their current parks, including finally finishing Animal Kingdom and Pop Century and rehabing some out of date and/or no longer viable stuff around the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I also think that the changes to Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney are also designed to make it more of a "5th gate" full day destination. I wouldn't be shocked if they continue to add things over there along the lines of the tethered balloon ride and market it not as "the place to blow a few hours shopping before your plane leaves" but as a destination on par with the parks (or, at least, the water parks.)

Some things on my personal wishlist for the future:
    • The Speedway. Others have mentioned it but I think it needs to go. I know there are always lines so it must appeal to someone but it takes up SO MUCH space that could be used for something else that I don't see how they could keep it around. Put in some go karts at DD or something.
    • Finish those Seven Seas resorts. The Venetian now exists in Las Vegas but they could do those Asian and Persian resorts. They'd be amazing.
    • How about more options for the dining plan? I don't mean more places to eat, I mean 3 different plans catered to different types of budgets and lifestyles. Sorry Disney, I love your restaurants but I don't wish to eat three huge meals a day when I'm at your parks. Give me like 1 TS credit for every two days and let me get sodas, hot dogs, and ice cream sandwiches when I want without messing around with money.
    • Nighttime EMH at Animal Kingdom regularly.
    • Bring back the old Tip for Today song...because, well, who doesn't love that?
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Red Randal View Post
    I agree. I know that as 24 year old male, I'm pretty much the bottom of their target audience but I hate how my choices after, say, 8pm is "go to crowded theme park that happens to be open" or "go to bed."
    Try the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is a blast!

I think it's a excessive to say they should NEVER build another theme park. The economy is going to rebound and in another time of creative excellence and economic growth like the 90's, Disney WILL build another park.
    This would actually be the worst time for them to build a new park ... or at least to open one, anyway.

The problem they have now has nothing to do with attendance. It's the quality of cast they can get. When the economy is good, that problem gets even worse. Not to mention manufacturing costs increase, cost-to-borrow goes up, etc.

How about more options for the dining plan? I don't mean more places to eat, I mean 3 different plans catered to different types of budgets and lifestyles. Sorry Disney, I love your restaurants but I don't wish to eat three huge meals a day when I'm at your parks. Give me like 1 TS credit for every two days and let me get sodas, hot dogs, and ice cream sandwiches when I want without messing around with money.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Disney already offers a tiered dining plan system.

See this link for more info.

Most people get the basic one, which includes one TS per day, one CS, and a snack. That's not really three huge meals per day.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cgriff View Post
    I wouldn't say "new"; I would be glad with something "old". 1937-old.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    I wouldn't say "new"; I would be glad with something "old". 1937-old.
    Another Adventurer's Club fan?

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted to see a Star Wars Cantina themed restaurant.

Seems like a no brainer.
    Todd (aka MrGoofy)<br /><br />1983 WDW Off Site<br />1991 WDW Carribean Beach<br />1995 WDW Port Orleans<br />1998 WDW All Star Sports<br />2000 DLR Off Site <br />2000 WDW Coronado Springs<br />2001 DLR Off Site<br />2002 WDW Carribean Beach<br />2003 WDW Wilderness Lodge

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoalie39 View Post
    What do you think and want WDW's next big projects are going to be? List a ride/attraction, resort, and theme park!
    1. The firings of Meg Crofton, Phil Holmes, and Jay Rasulo as a start.

2. Tony Baxter and Joe Rhode put in charge of Imagineering so these two wonderful minds can bring it back to prominence.

3. Kick Lasseter out as head of Imagineering and let him deal strictly with animation.

4. Iger to finally put the bean counters in their place.

Ohhh, you meant attraction-wise. Opps.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    1. The firings of Meg Crofton, Phil Holmes, and Jay Rasulo as a start.

2. Tony Baxter and Joe Rhode put in charge of Imagineering so these two wonderful minds can bring it back to prominence.

3. Kick Lasseter out as head of Imagineering and let him deal strictly with animation.

4. Iger to finally put the bean counters in their place.

Ohhh, you meant attraction-wise. Opps.
    I wonder if bill gates has anything to do in his retirement?

what's buffet up to?

I only say this because you comments reminded me of how the simple fact that disney is a publically owned corporate entity makes it pretty much a certain that creativity will never win out again....

Taking it private would be about the only way....

I agree with your comments....though not really with Rhode....

Everest didn't turn out quite as good as it should have....in my opinion....and that's all him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    I wonder if bill gates has anything to do in his retirement?

what's buffet up to?

I only say this because you comments reminded me of how the simple fact that disney is a publically owned corporate entity makes it pretty much a certain that creativity will never win out again....

Taking it private would be about the only way....

I agree with your comments....though not really with Rhode....

Everest didn't turn out quite as good as it should have....in my opinion....and that's all him
    But Animal Kingdom is Rhode, and, the only things holding it back are the bean counters and management. Rhode designed a wonderful park that has yet to live up to its potential, not his doings.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

lockedoutlogic Guest

But Animal Kingdom is Rhode, and, the only things holding it back are the bean counters and management. Rhode designed a wonderful park that has yet to live up to its potential, not his doings.
    Because of the yeti problems....the budget...and the time of construction....

Everest has come in under expectations in my opinion....

as far as the rest of the park goes....the beaners certainly share 99.9% of the blame....starting with Eisner....who managed to green light great, creative ideas....but got way too squeamish when bricks were being laid....and then tried to respond by cutting corners, costs and then opening things long before the time, money, and effort, was properly invested

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Because of the yeti problems....the budget...and the time of construction....

Everest has come in under expectations in my opinion....

as far as the rest of the park goes....the beaners certainly share 99.9% of the blame....starting with Eisner....who managed to green light great, creative ideas....but got way too squeamish when bricks were being laid....and then tried to respond by cutting corners, costs and then opening things long before the time, money, and effort, was properly invested
    Well, it is ashame that 99% of the effects don't work on Everest. We have to lay blame to the creator, to be fair. The effects can be fixed in no time but, once again, management is cheap and don't want to spend to fix everything. The Yeti would take awhile, but everything else is easily fixable. I need to find out who is the VP of Animal Kingdom. He/she needs to start being held accountable too.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they would boost the number of people who go to AK if they would make Beastly Kingdom. It doesn't need to be a full-fledged park, but maybe a 1/2-1/4 park filled with dark, scary rides and villians.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ppufi View Post
    I think they would boost the number of people who go to AK if they would make Beastly Kingdom. It doesn't need to be a full-fledged park, but maybe a 1/2-1/4 park filled with dark, scary rides and villians.
    Beastly Kingdom, in its original form, is dead, unfortunately. HOWEVER, unless things have changed, and with Disney, things change day to day, especially inthis economy, once things pick back up economy-wise, a new land will be added. I heard it will be designed more to Mysterious Island. We may finally get the Journey To The Center Of The Earth ride. But, this isn't coming now.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Beastly Kingdom, in its original form, is dead, unfortunately. HOWEVER, unless things have changed, and with Disney, things change day to day, especially inthis economy, once things pick back up economy-wise, a new land will be added. I heard it will be designed more to Mysterious Island. We may finally get the Journey To The Center Of The Earth ride. But, this isn't coming now.
    I agree..... A new land is all but inevitable to Animal Kingdom....if the beaners just go ahead and realize that the park will not prosper without expansion....

But the long awaited "Beastly Kingdom" was dead probably about the minute the plans for Islands of Adventure arrived at Team Disney....

It took too much of the thunder of the concept away....and therefore it was never going to pass.....

I for one think that an expansion of AK should be easy (but expensive...of course). Look at all the things that could be included that aren't......just a minute of thought brings about a hundred ideas to mind.

My personal favorite is an Australian section....the animals are adabtable and common...so that would be easy enough....they could incorporate the great barrier reef into a mess of rides, shows, or animal attractions....and i've always thought a coaster screaming around a rendering of the Uluru (Ayer's rock) would be awesome

but hey....i'm also ok with the acquisition of Giant Pandas as well......too bad Disney has no dealings with the Chinese Government to make this happen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The problem they have now has nothing to do with attendance. It's the quality of cast they can get. When the economy is good, that problem gets even worse. Not to mention manufacturing costs increase, cost-to-borrow goes up, etc.

~~~~~

Not sure what you mean by this. Disney already offers a tiered dining plan system.

Most people get the basic one, which includes one TS per day, one CS, and a snack. That's not really three huge meals per day.
    First off, had no idea about the tiered dining plan. Man, I really need to brush up on this stuff, I'm slipping big time there. But see...it's obviously a good idea!

As for the thing about building a new park, my very optimistic point was only that the economy recovers and goes to bigger and better levels than ever before and Walt Disney World hotels are almost always sold out and park attendance is at a peak every day and Disney decides they need to build another park. I realize that the once a decade thing has most certainly come and gone. Worst case scenario, if that global warming stuff keeps going on then one day it's all big DisneySea!
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    Remove: Stitch's Great Escape and Chester and Hester's Dinorama. What a waste of Disney Imagineer Potential.
    I totally disagree.

In the case of Dino-Rama, I very highly recommend that you cruise on over to the 2719 Hyperion blog and read their article titled "Defending Dinoland".

Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney is doing a great job. But...I would really like to see some more dark rides. While I love a coaster as much as the next guy, there is something more "lovable" about the slow moving, story-telling indoor rides. They may be cheesy, but there is nowhere else that attractions similar to those exist. These are what, to me, create fantastic memories.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyNut2005 View Post
    I totally disagree.

In the case of Dino-Rama, I very highly recommend that you cruise on over to the 2719 Hyperion blog and read their article titled "Defending Dinoland".
    I originally didn't like the area either, but it's grown on me some.

Not sure I buy the "Oh, it's supposed to look cheap because it's themed cheap!" argument, but if you take it for what it is it's a fun little area.

Personally, I think Primheval Whirl is one of the best rides in AK.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to see some things happen at Epcot, particularly in the Wonders of Life pavilion. I think there are a number of things they could do with it if they want to stick with a medical-type theme, or they could start over with a new concept. Overall, I'd love to see Future World return to the sort of feeling it had a couple of decades ago, of exploration and education in a fun way. I used to be on the "fix Imagination again" train, but I went on it again this January and it was better than I remembered it. I would love to see an updated Horizons-type attraction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: