Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23! - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    14 Days and counting no membership card nothing! I can't believe after 14 days I have nothing what a joke
    I finally got my membership card yesterday but so far that's it. Funny how some people got everthing already and some just the card and some haven't received anything yet.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it really is poor business management. I was excited about the surprise gift and now I am already disappointed since I know what it is. Some coordination would have been nice especially for the memberships that were signed up on Day 1.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it really is poor business management. I was excited about the surprise gift and now I am already disappointed since I know what it is. Some coordination would have been nice especially for the memberships that were signed up on Day 1.
    Better to be disappointed now rather than disappointed when you received it.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

14 Days and counting no membership card nothing! I can't believe after 14 days I have nothing what a joke
    Too bad you couldn't choose the "Pay by Pony Express" option when joining up, so they could wait a while for the payment to enter their account.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ready for this I get home and find a tube waiting for me I said oh my D23 free gift. I go to open the tube and it's empty The one end of the tube is gone and neither end was taped. I guess the membership doesn't include packing tape. I call the number on Disneyshopping.com and guess what? They have no clue what to do about the problem After waiting on hold for several minutes the girl comes back on and says "Well I have to send a message internally to D23 and then call you back at a later time. lease understand this is all brand new to us" So let's see no membership card, no magazine or certificate yet and empty tube not a bad deal for almost $80
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok ready for this I get home and find a tube waiting for me I said oh my D23 free gift. I go to open the tube and it's empty The one end of the tube is gone and neither end was taped. I guess the membership doesn't include packing tape. I call the number on Disneyshopping.com and guess what? They have no clue what to do about the problem After waiting on hold for several minutes the girl comes back on and says "Well I have to send a message internally to D23 and then call you back at a later time. lease understand this is all brand new to us" So let's see no membership card, no magazine or certificate yet and empty tube not a bad deal for almost $80
    Disney is clueless... Not to make you feel worse, but, I joined 3 days ago and got my membership card yesterday... Only took 2 days for me to get it
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my membership and getting my money back at this point.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my membership and getting my money back at this point.
    I am seriously thinking Disney has got to stop releasing and opening things that are not ready... They did it with Spaceship Earth, HM, Pirates, and now D23, just to name a few....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

After waiting on hold for several minutes the girl comes back on and says "Well I have to send a message internally to D23 and then call you back at a later time. lease understand this is all brand new to us"
    Disney should be thrown under the bus, but this is also an example of what so many businesses in this country do. They had an infinite amount of time, in theory, to work out all the backoffice concerns and make that work efficiently. Instead, they came up with a great viral campaign backed by a system that was nowhere close to ready.

They reward the early adopters, who are (were?) their biggest fans, with the opportunity to beta test their new offering...for the same fee they will charge everybody else.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess 4 hours from the time I called until they close wasn't enough time to figure out they need to send me a new one and call me back
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I guess 4 hours from the time I called until they close wasn't enough time to figure out they need to send me a new one and call me back
    If you are not D23, then I have a great club for you to join. You can find them on Facebook, and they are named after a Commodore computer.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly why I didn't join. First, the price was ridiculous and second, I figured something like this would be the case as in cheap gifts, slow shipping (or none at all) and an overpriced magazine.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Exactly why I didn't join. First, the price was ridiculous and second, I figured something like this would be the case as in cheap gifts, slow shipping (or none at all) and an overpriced magazine.
    I am not defending this D23 thing, but:

1. The magazine is being likened to a coffee table book. I personally haven't seen one yet so I cannot say for myself. But, if this is how people are describing it, then it is worth $16.00 an issue.

2. If you think about it, the magazine, at $16 an issue, totals $64 a year. That leaves $11 as membership fees. Divide that by 12 months, and it is only 91 cents a month. If you take the full $75, then it is $6.25 a month, not what I call a bank breaker.

3. I cannot argue with the cheap gifts. A lithograph as the special gift is cheap and completely tacky.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Wow! Are you serious?? The free gift is a lithograph??

Oh my ... talk about disappointed!! Sheesh, I mean they give away FOUR lithos just for pre-sale of a lousy DVD, for heaven's sake! You mean my $80 membership fee got me one little litho and that's it??

That's really lame, man. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, but seriously ... if this turns out to be some kind of shady D23 litho that's going to do nothing but languish in one of my closets somewhere I'm going to be really .

I seriously think I'll call and demand my money back.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

lockedoutlogic Guest

You guys have me laughing.....

How can anyone be disappointed with whatever comes of this thing?

it's a moneygrab.....we all know it.....if you get minor amusement out of it....then count yourselves lucky...

come on, now....this is an old play from the book...you know what's gonna come of this....it will hang around for a few years and then probably go away quietly...

the sad part is just how many of their "big" announcements and unveiling in recent years have been bad....really bad.

I hope this is at least respectable and provides some enjoyment.....but have no faith that this be the case

I will pick up the mag....can anyone tell me what a "barnes and noble" is?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, I guess shame on me for falling for this stunt. I really should have known better. This is prototypical Disney.

I actually feel bad that they made Marty Sklar pimp himself out in support of this sham, though. His presence at the kickoff was actually one of the reasons I decided to buy. What a dumb-dumb.

Just FYI, Disney Stores have the mags, too.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    I will pick up the mag....can anyone tell me what a "barnes and noble" is?
    I couldn't say. All we have around here is Borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Just FYI, Disney Stores have the mags, too.
    Disney Store? What's that? I thought they closed them all down last year! There isn't one within a one hour drive of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, I guess shame on me for falling for this stunt. I really should have known better. This is prototypical Disney.
    I am skeptical about everything these days. I let the early adopters buy in, read the reviews, and even if I want in I usually wait for all the bugs to be worked out of the system before buying in. If it is a for the computer, or an electronics item, I wait for the inevitable price drop. 9 times out of 10, it just doesn't pay to be an early adopter of much these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    They reward the early adopters, who are (were?) their biggest fans, with the opportunity to beta test their new offering...for the same fee they will charge everybody else.
    Which would be fine if it was presented that way...
    from lockedoutlogic You guys have me laughing.....

How can anyone be disappointed with whatever comes of this thing?

it's a moneygrab.....we all know it.....if you get minor amusement out of it....then count yourselves lucky...
    It doesn't seem to happen very often , but I completely agree. If you want to spend money on a mystery gift, well, you're playing the lottery. You bought 80 dollar tickets and one of them gave you a free ticket.

The four mags a year are around $60. Unless they come up with something spectacular, or lower the price below the price of the four mags, this Disney fanatic will go nowhere near it.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    . If you want to spend money on a mystery gift, well, you're playing the lottery. You bought 80 dollar tickets and one of them gave you a free ticket.
    All I got was an empty cardboard tube

So I called the wonderfully knowlegable Disneyshopping.com again today and they informed I have to wait until the 27th to call back since I need to allow 10-12 business days from time of order And again "Please forgive us this is all new to us"
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: