Quantcast Atlantis, Bahamas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Atlantis, Bahamas

We are looking into going to Atlantis possibly next year and need info. We are a family of 5 ages dd 17, ds 14, and dd 11. Where can we find as much information as possible?
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been there but if you search the Cruise Line Forum, you will find some info as the ships dock in Nassau.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Contact the resort itself. They sent us a DVD to watch. The resort is wonderful, you will love it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Go right on their website. I get their updates every month or everytime they have a special. Like they do now. It's a very nice place to see.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

The Tripadvisor forum on the Bahamas is the most active place for questions about Atlantis.

Or you can ask here and I'll do my best to answer! Going for my 7th visit in 9 days!
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Atlantis has a nice website: atlantis.com

If you're interested in a "value resort," the Comfort Inn on Paradise Island is across the street from Atlantis and guests have full access to the Atlantis resort. It's a bit nicer than a Disney value resort, but cheaper than Atlantis itself. Their website is:
    http://www.comfortsuitespi.com/

There is also a nice tourism website, that their government does: http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/

Atlantis is a fun hotel/waterpark and the aquariums are beautiful. The beach itself is sort of rough, though. It's a high energy beach, and isn't the greatest for swimming. (At least not during the week I was there in May 2004.)

One thing that I recommend to people is considering taking an "out island" tour. Nassau/Paradise Island is a busy tourist spot. It's fun, but nothing beats going out to one of the out islands and getting some time on a quiet, nearly deserted beach.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back from my trip and I am happy to answer questions.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
    I'm back from my trip and I am happy to answer questions.
    How was it?
    How old was everyone in your party?
    Did you STAY at Atlantis or did you do the "day pass"?

My family and girlfriend and her family are going to take a cruise later this summer...we are VERY seriously considering the day at the Atlantis option. I've heard Nassau isn't all that fantastic to be roaming out and about on.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    How was it?
    How old was everyone in your party?

My family and girlfriend and her family are going to take a cruise later this summer...we are VERY seriously considering the day at the Atlantis option. I've heard Nassau isn't all that fantastic to be roaming out and about on.
    My party was myself, my wife, and my 20 month old daughter. We stay at Harborside at Atlantis....we own at Harborside, Atlantis' vacation club/timeshare, though I've stayed in the hotel-towers many times too. And had family stay in the Comfort Suites.

We love Atlantis. I can't decide if I love WDW or Atlantis more. this trip was just as nice as the previous ones. there's things you have to get used to in the Bahamas (the pace of things mostly), but it's always very nice.

I agree that there's not much to downtown Nassau, where the cruise ships dock. If you're in the market for one a particular luxury item (Rolex, Tag, jewelry) then there are deals to be had, but otherwise there just isn't much that is special. Atlantis is the thing that draws people to the area now.

I'm familiar with the excursions offered by the ships to Atlantis. Which one are you considering? depending on when you're visiting sometimes it better to do the cruise line excursions, and sometimes its cheaper to do it yourself.
    Last edited by MidnTPK; 03-16-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: clarify
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post

We have stayed at Atlantis both ways. We were introduced to Atlantis through a one-day visit while doing a cruise. This year we returned for an extended stay and absolutely loved it. You can have a lot of fun at Atlantis, even for just several hours. They have the beaches, the pools, and the water slides - all lots of fun. It was also nice for us to have a room with a full shower, after having the very small shower stalls on the cruise ship. The harbor is very close to Atlantis - it's definitely a day trip to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a pretty cool (small) pirate museum in downtown Nassau that is worth an hour or so.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I are considering Atlantis for our 10th anniversary without the kids!

For those that have been, what resort section do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Lea
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not really about preference...it's about budget. The newer and more expensive towers are nicer, but all of the accommodations are nice to begin with.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

Try the website for the resort. Other than that I was not able to find too much info for my trip. I went earlier this year and it was great. Not on a cruise but stayed on property for 7 nights. My kids are similar in age to yours Feel free to send me a PM for any specific ques and I will try to help.

The slides are top notch. The middle beach, I think it was called the cove beach was the best beach. Right in the middle so didn't get pestered all day long for hair braids and to buy t shirts. Very peacful. Food is costly! Let me know if you need any specifics. Again send me a PM if you want.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    My husband and I are considering Atlantis for our 10th anniversary without the kids!

For those that have been, what resort section do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Lea
    I agree with the post above that budget at Atlantis must certainly be a concern. But to answer your specific question, if you are celebrating an anniversary without kids and might prefer to enjoy yourself with less kids around, then the Cove Tower would be something to look into. It's probably their most expensive tower, but there are advantages there for adults wanting some time with fewer kids. The Cove even has one pool that is only for Cove quests and only for those 18 and older. They do a pretty nice job of pampering you at that pool while you're there, too! Hope that helps....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually looking at Atlantis for next April instead of our annual DIsney trip I just can't decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just returned....

from our cruise - stopped over in Nassau - great port - Straw Market is a riot - did not go to Atlantis due to cost of excursion - as an alternate we took the #10 Jitney bus ($1.25 pp) down to Cable Beach and for $40 pp used the pool, beach & all the amenities at the beautiful Wyndham Resort - that $40 also included an absolutely lovely buffet lunch. All in all a much better deal than Atlantis!
    WL Cabins - May, 2002
    Offsite - New Years 2004
    BWI - May, 2007
    POFQ - March, 2010

Edna "E" Mode: "I never look back, dahling, it distracts from the now."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HereWeGoAgain! View Post
    All in all a much better deal than Atlantis!
    How would you know, since you went to the Wyndham Cable Beach, not Atlantis?

Your excursion may have been a good value, but comparing a day visit at the Wyndham on Cable Beach to Atlantis is like comparing a carousel at the mall to the Magic Kingdom.

Yes, it only costs $1 per ride at the mall carousel, but that doesn't make it a better deal....the MK has hundreds of other things like Atlantis has hundreds more things compared to the Wyndham.
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10

Post Thanks / Like

To the previous poster that owns at Harborside at Atlantis...

Are the accommodations comparable to staying at the Atlantis towers? I am contemplating trading my Hawaii timeshare for a week here next year. What kind of benefits to you get from staying on site? You mentioned that your child was almost two. I will have a 2 1/2 year old as well as a 7 year old. Are there things for them both to do there? Many thanks!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momofdisneyprincess View Post
    To the previous poster that owns at Harborside at Atlantis...

Are the accommodations comparable to staying at the Atlantis towers? I am contemplating trading my Hawaii timeshare for a week here next year. What kind of benefits to you get from staying on site? You mentioned that your child was almost two. I will have a 2 1/2 year old as well as a 7 year old. Are there things for them both to do there? Many thanks!
    I don't own at Harborside but I did stay there in a 2 Br villa this year. The accomodations at Harborside are much more spacious and family friendly. Washer and dryer, full kitchen. It has a pool area but the Atlantis pools and beaches are a 10-15 minute walk or a quick complimentary shuttle ride away. Staying on site gives you free access to the pools, beaches, waterslides, and aquariums. Your older child will have more fun with the amenities- you have to be a certain height for the slides. But your little one will enjoy the pools and probably all the ocean life. They have a program for little ones that they can help feed some of the creatures. I would definitely opt to stay at Harborside. Exchange your week and save your $$$. You will enjoy everything the hotel guests can and be more comfortable.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: