Quantcast Airfare

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Airfare

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airfare

I have been looking lately for airfare for May 20-27th and it soooo high. I have never paid over $89 each way. I wanted to try jet blue but the times I want are 259 one way and 114 back.

Any idea if this going to keep going up ? or by small miracle will it dip a bit to afford it. Trip is paid off except the air I cant see paying half of what I am paying for week in WDW

Anyone know of any other airline with good deals. Also SW dings have not been good to me lately.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last year or so, airfares have been highly unpredictable. If you know you must fly, keep looking for the best price but also give yourself a deadline by which you know you will buy.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Keep watching. By the way, May is too far out for SW to be offering ding fares on yet. If there will be any ding fares for late May, they won't come out for a couple more months.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't rely on Ding! fares. Go to the Southwest site and look at the Wanna Get Away fares. Checked your dates and there are $78 flights out of Manchester, NH. Providence, RI - $119 down, $78 back are best prices.

Post Thanks / Like

You can always book your trip on Southwest out of Manchester, then if the price goes down, you can rebook for credit. We have done this twice for our next trip, and saved a total of $228 for three tickets.
    '78-'03 - Many trips - Offsite
    Nov '03 - CBR and DCL
    Dec '04 - Pop
    Dec '05 - Pop (Proposal in front of Cinderella's Castle!)
    Jan '06 - Pop (Joined DVC)
    Sept '06 - OKW (Honeymoon)
    Feb '07 - OKW
    Oct '07 - SS
    Mar '08 SS
    Mar '09 OKW
    Nov-Dec '09 OKW (Birthday Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried Airtran? My sister is going May 9-16 and she got her tickets $89 each way. I wouldn't think Boston to Mco would be too much more. It's worth checking.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked out of PVD
    May 14th through May 19th
    $78 each way!

Post Thanks / Like

Terri, I can certainly sympathize. We usually spend $278-300 each round trip from Chicago to Orlando on American or United (booking 6 months in advance), but those same flights this year are over $500 each! I've been monitoring the prices since November, and they haven't dropped at all.

I finally convinced my DH to fly SouthWest - at least on the way down - and we'll see what the return flights bring when they're announced. While the fares are much better at $157 one-way, they still aren't what I'd consider "budget". However, I don't want to get stuck not getting our flight times or the "web-only" fares so I went ahead and booked on Friday.

You can always book your trip on Southwest out of Manchester, then if the price goes down, you can rebook for credit. We have done this twice for our next trip, and saved a total of $228 for three tickets.
    DisneyTiff, can I ask how you did this? Did you call SouthWest when the lower fare was announced & just told them you wanted to rebook?
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We just booked a flight direct to Tampa for $99 each way, instead of Orlando. It was alot cheaper than non-direct flights. We'll rent a car and drive the 1 1/2 hours to Orlando. It's nearly impossible to get a direct flight to Orlando from Milwaukee and since I'm not a great flyer the layover thing like we did last year was not my first choice.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: