Quantcast Going at the end of Febuary need Character advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Going at the end of Febuary need Character advice

Hey guys, well Eva and I have decided we are going down at the end of Febuary for a couple of days. A quick trip with only two or three full days.

There are two characters that we HAVE to meet the whole reasons we are going down there. And they are BOLT and FAWN. I know where to meet each of them I jsut could use some advice on the best times and any other character hints you have.

I have heard rumors that the fantasmic meets have moved into the Animation Studio in the afternoons.

If you were going to do a half day at HS would morning or night be better for characters?

Does Fawn only come out at night?

Thanks guys. It's good to be back.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Where have you been, I hope you are doing okay?

We met Fawn in the afternoon around 2:30
    I would do HS late afternoon, most of the characters at the Studios are there well after 3:00. You can enjoy another park like the MK and do your teardrop checks until 2:00 then lumber over to the Studios for Bolt/Rhino the other characters and hit the Fantasmic Meet and Greet in the animation building!
    You could also morning over at the AK Oasis, or Camp Mickey, Brer Rabbit has been out alot recently!
    Oh and don't forget the Character Spot sometimes has uncommons at the exit of that building.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Bolt is pretty easy to find, as long as they are still doing meets. Considering there aren't any other movies set to come out before then, and the DVD will be out soon, you should be fine for Bolt.

For Fawn, she is tricky. If MK is open past a certain time, typically past 8 or so, I'd check in the late afternoon or early evening to see if she is there. However, sometimes she can be found earlier than that is Rosetta needs to tend to flowers.

Post Thanks / Like

Will the character attendants out fron know if Fawn is in Pixie Hollow or not? We want to meet them all, but not necessarily twice. And I don't want to stand in line for an hour just to see the same ones we saw earlier.

Thanks.

They typically have an idea but they won't tell you because of the whole character integrity issue. If it were me, I would because I know what it means to you to meet her. But I'm stuck at DAK these days, lol. What I can suggest would be visiting Guest Relations in the morning, and having them call the CHIP hotline. They should know there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jessica that helps alot

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to see you back. I am glad to you guys are planning another trip to the "World". I hope you have a wonderful trip full of magic.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW-The people exiting are usually happy to tell you who is inside.
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Right, but by the time you go in line and wait, you may not see the same fairies they did. Which is why the attendant won't tell you because we can't guarantee any of the fairies, even Tink.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all I'm new here and I was curious what you mean by Fantasmic meets? I'm a Disneyland AP holder and I'm crazy about characters! I've been to WDW 6 times and I try to keep up with all the character knowledge, but when I go with my family its hard because its not what they are into. I'm going in June with a friend and I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything because she feels the same way I do about characters haha!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGrace View Post
    Hey all I'm new here and I was curious what you mean by Fantasmic meets? I'm a Disneyland AP holder and I'm crazy about characters! I've been to WDW 6 times and I try to keep up with all the character knowledge, but when I go with my family its hard because its not what they are into. I'm going in June with a friend and I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything because she feels the same way I do about characters haha!
    There is a set, usually around 4 or 5 that used to take place by the Hat and now takes place at the Magic of Animation. We refer to it as the Fantasmic meets because it was characters who would perform in Fant that night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    There is a set, usually around 4 or 5 that used to take place by the Hat and now takes place at the Magic of Animation. We refer to it as the Fantasmic meets because it was characters who would perform in Fant that night.
    Thanks! Thats what I would have guessed, but I wanted to make sure. So those wouldn't be rare characters then.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Fantasmic meets still being held in the Animation building? Also two more questions. Do the characters at the Oasis in AK only come out in the morning or all day? And what are the chances of us still getting fastpasses to Toy Story Mania say aroung lunch time? Thanks again I'm off to make our dining reservations

Post Thanks / Like

Oasis has characters till just before the parade which was at 4:00 last week.

On Toy Story, maybe. When we were there it was a relativly slow day, and all fast passes were gone by 12:30

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGrace View Post
    Thanks! Thats what I would have guessed, but I wanted to make sure. So those wouldn't be rare characters then.
    no, but uncommons yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay new character question.

What is the chance that Ariel will be at Norway for lunch? We have only been for breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like

hey haydens dad! i would def. recommend doing hollywood studios late evening. i found tons of characters inside the animation building around 5:00 on both days i was in there - with some very rare ones. and some different ones on both days, plus different ones came out periodically. they weren't all out at once.

greenlawler's information mirrors mine. i also saw brer rabbit at the oasis, once early morning and once mid afternoon, but both on the same day. the week i was there, i was told he wasn't out everyday, but i know he was there at least 2 days.

i also saw fawn about 4 in the afternoon. no cm would tell me who was in there, and others i talked to told me the same thing, but you can ask the people exiting and just hope the same one is still there by the time you get in there. when i went, the wait time said 45 minutes and it only took about 25. i'm sure that changes constantly though.

good luck! let us know who you find when you return.
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post
    no, but uncommons yes.
    Ok so can i have your definition on what the difference is between rare and uncommon. Who have you seen recently in there?

Post Thanks / Like

The difference as I would define it is this....
    I tend to get carried away as I am passionate about characters
    There are really about 5 levels: Of course the levels depend on how hard you look for characters. Most of the people here on the character board are hard core "anglers" who search for characters. These definitions are intended for them as they tend to hunt out the hard to find characters while they visit. A casual park visitor may call Captain Hook uncommon becuase they only see him once or twice but we know he's an everyday character. Or a character like Meeko may be a Super Rare to them but he would be a common to us.

Anyways....here are the five character angling levels as I see it. (Every angler probably would have their own differing opinions)

Everyday
    Commons
    Uncommons
    Rare
    Super Rare

Everyday characters are just that out 90-100% of the time with standard meet n greets, i.e. Peter Pan, Mickey, Princesses, Aladdin, etc...

Commons are characters who are not out everyday but you commonly find them in places like the Teardrop, Oasis, or the Fantasmic meet i.e. Flick, Terk, Meeko, Brer Bear you have probably a 50-70% shot at seeing these characters.

Uncommons are characters like Prince John, Jafar, Max, Queen Of Hearts and perhaps even the White Rabbit. it is always fluid as some characters seem to get a "push" and appear in fluries, like Brer Rabbit these days. Normally he would be rare but since he has been appearing a few times a week he moves to uncommon. Uncommons are characters that do not have a standard meet n greet, are not always found at the oasis or at training venues but appear infrequantly. You could go one week with no sign of one of these but another week you may run into them twice. Your only probably 40% or less likely to see them depending on how much time you spend character angling.

Rare characters like Launchpad, Prince Phillip, Uncle Scrouge, Clara Cluck, Tarzan, Jane, or John Smith may appear at special events only or in rare instances where they are at a training area, much like Launchpad last week. Odds are you will not find these characters unless your lucky or go to a special event. Probabably around 10% or less

And then there are Super Rare characters, characters that can still make very rare appearences often times at special events like Little John, individual Dwarfs (except Dopey), Big Bad Wolf, Quasimodo, Thumper, or Hades. You don't have much of a shot at these as some are no longer available but some do come on every blue moon.

Thats just my definition, Jessica could tell you who has been out more lately, but from our trip last week baring the marathon which had some rare and super rare characters out, during our regular park visits we only saw Uncommons like Brer Rabbit, Max, and Jafar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    Okay new character question.

What is the chance that Ariel will be at Norway for lunch? We have only been for breakfast.

We have seen her there at dinner everytime, but I would assume they have the same characters for lunch.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: