Quantcast Our Crazy Christmas Present Family Trip -Day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Crazy Christmas Present Family Trip -Day 3

An alarm at 2:45 at WDW is not fun but we left the warm comfy bed at WL and headed over to the All Star Sports where DS was staying. The parking lot was full....we had to park at All Star Music! The kids (well they are ours anyway) were up and ready to run so we took over our little princess who was sound asleep. We tried to sleep as well but it is difficult when you have been out in the cold and in transition. I also had the kids programmed into my cell phone so it notified me of their status in the race. So about the time I did doze off, the phone started beeping at intervals letting me know what points they had crossed (great idea uh?) It really didn't matter because it was also the time Kate started stirring. We got her up and feed her. She was so much fun to play with that morning!
    DS finished the 1/2 marathon in 1:39...his best time. I was so excited for him. DDL did well too and they loved running the race. They enjoyed the characters and bands. They definitely want to do it again. They returned to the room around 8:30 and we decided to meet at Epcot at 9:30.

DH and I met up with my family at Soarin. We all had FP so we had no wait. It was fun to ride next to my 7 yr old nephew because he talked excitedly through the whole ride! He thinks it is AWESOME!...me too!

After that ride, DH and I met up with DS and co and the rest of my family split up in their own directions. DBro went to see Turtle Talk with Crush....now that is something that I want to see but I haven't quite talked DH into it yet. Maybe next time. When DS and DDIL arrived, we had 2 FP for Soarin so they hoped on and we walked Kate around outside. She went from screams to contentment to sleep to screams to contentment to..ah the life of a 6 mo. old...but you get the picture! The kids were hungry after running 13.1 miles so we grab a bite at Seasons. They have such a nice selection! I had the Chinese food and DH had a sandwich. Both selections were very good.

When then headed over to TT. DBro had two FP that he didn't want since my nephew hated the ride. We gave those to DS and they rode that while we repeated the above scenerio with Kate. We found Innovations.....she loved it and so did we. I had never been in there before and it is really cool!

There was no wait at MS so DIL stayed with Kate, we got a Kid Swap pass for her and we took a ride on the Orange! I loved it, the boys were GREEN! At first DS said, he would ride again with DIL, when we got off he said there was no way he could ride again, so I volunteered. No problem!!!
    DIL and I went orange again. This was the first high intensity ride that she had been on since she had gotten pregnant so she was curious of her own reaction to the ride. We both loved it!

To give the guys a break, we decided to walk through the World. We first made a stop at the Baby Center. What a great place for moms! It's definitely top notch!

We strolled through the countries and took some pictures. Had some wine in Italy and funnel cake in America. We decided we need to get dinner reservations for the kids. My family had ADR's for Le Cellier. When I called earlier, there was no room to add two more. So we walked over to Japan and up to one of the restaurants and made reservations for the Rose and Crown for 5:15 for them. That was perfect because they were getting tired and didn't think they (nor Kate) could make until our dinner time of 7:15 anyway.

We walked them over to Rose and Crown and then we headed over to TT to try to ride with our FP. There were technical difficulties so we started to get out of line but the CM said that it would be long to hang on. The FP line started moving and we finally made our dummy stop. I haven't quite decided if I like this ride or not. I love the ending but I am not sure about the other stuff. By the end of this ride DH is tired and just wants to sit down...he doesn't think he can go much longer, so we did...it is vacation after all.

My family had agreed to meet up to get the photopass guy to talk our picture at 7:00. DS and co. meet us as well so that we all have pictures done. Thank goodness that I fudged on the time for LeCellier (they were actually at 7:35) because it took 15 minutes to get pictures of 17 people plus the selected family shots...but it was well worth it in the end.

LeCellier....ahhhhh! The best part of this trip..the food! I have been trying to get ADR's at LeCellier for years but we never plan our trips far enough in advance. This time we did and I have 14 people here. We are seated at two tables but they are beside each other. We have a great waiter named Daniel who took very good care of us. The steaks were wonderful....the desserts...well, I only had a bite because I was full!

My only regret that I know we could have done now, is that we didn't leave the table for Illuminations and then come back for dessert. The table next to us did that but I didn't know that was what they were doing. I hated we missed it..although I have seen it before...but it is lovely.

At the end of evening, I didn't think I had the strength to walk back to the car (we had driven to Epcot and had a great parking space). I was so tired after the long day that started at 2:45 am but it was a lot of fun spending it was so many of my family members.

Spending half of the prior evening at All Star Sport, I know there is a difference in the mattress....thank goodness for WL. : It took no time for me to fall asleep!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a jam packed day, full of fun!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report. Glad to hear your kids enjoyed the marathon. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a very full day! Glad the kids enjoyed the marathon
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

What a long and busy day! Great memories from start to finish!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great day!!!

Thanks for the report!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a busy day. It sounds like you had a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO