Quantcast Chris's New Year's Trip Report Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chris's New Year's Trip Report Part 3

Day 4 - Monday January 5th

On Monday we decided we would stay and watch Fantasmic since we only had two days to choose from. Which by the way is very inconvenient. Anyways we decided to look around DHS for a little bit to see how the lines where and once again everything was super crowded. We went over to Toy Story hoping for a fast pass but the only time they were left for was during Fantasmic and since that was the only time we’d get to see it that week I didn’t want to miss it. We then headed over to Tower and Rock n Roller Coaster but the line was super long so we decided to get in single rider. Single rider was also longer then I’d ever seen it for that ride it took around 20 – 25 minutes but its one of my favorite rides so it was worth the wait. After that we looked around some more but the lines were all long, so we decided we would leave DHS for a while and go over to Animal Kingdom for a while.

Animal Kingdom was still crowded but not nearly as crowded as DHS so that was nice. First we headed over to Dinosaur which they said was a 40 minute wait but really was only 15 at the most. It seems every time I go on Dinosaur they say the wait is much longer then it actually is. After Dinosaur we decided to get some lunch at the Dinosaurous restaurant and had a cheese burger I had forgotten that Animal Kingdom uses those special straws to protect the animals. While I’m all for protecting the animals from dangerous things they can it I must say those straws are not fun to drink from so I just stuck with drinking from the cup lol. After lunch we headed towards Everest but that had a very long line. The line in fact was all the way out the queue and into the street the single rider was also very long. I would have tried out single rider however last time I was there in May it seemed single rider took about as long as the regular line so we passed on that. We then took a walk on some of the trails to look at the Animals. We looked to go to Festival of The Lion King but the next show wasn’t for a while so we decided to head back to the Studios and try out some of the rides there.

When we arrived back at the Studios it was the same time that Block Party Bash was going on so we thought we could go over to Toy Story and hope for a shorter line. Well we were WRONG. It is nearly impossible to get from one side of the park to the other while the parade is going on which made us very angry for a couple reasons. First the parade was stopped in the first section so we figured we could cross near American Idol since it wasn’t moving. But they wouldn’t let us saying the parade was about to move but I know for a fact it wasn’t since I’ve seen the parade before and know that it wasn’t even time for the Incredibles to pop up yet so we had time to cross the road but they wouldn’t let us. They told us to go down to the end and we could cross there so that is what we did. However when we arrived they said nope can’t cross here. This was kind of frustrating. It wasn’t just us either that was told this a large group of us were standing waiting to cross. Finally they let us cross the road after some people told the CM’s what they had been told. Now I totally understand the need for safety and not wanting people in the road when the parade is happening but when we have at least 5 minutes before the parade is even going to be at that part of the park they could let us pass especially when half the park is really cut off and you can’t get from one side to the other.

Anyways after we finally were able to cross and head get to Toy Story Mania via the Streets of America direction the parade had finally moved and we were greeted by loads of people going in that direction, not that it really mattered because the line was still 2 hours long. So I was kind of disappointed that I would be missing Toy Story on this trip as I really wanted to try it but with no fast pass I am not waiting 2 hours for any ride. After running all over to get to Toy Story Mania we were pretty hot so we decided to go ride in the Great Movie Ride and cool off. Once we finally got into the ride we once again missed the western scene by a few people what was even worse is after we were seated they let some people go in the front car. I guess that is why you have to speak up to get things lol but it’s alright. After Great Movie Ride we headed over to ride Tower of Terror since the line was now much shorter then it was earlier in the day but it was still 30 minutes but it was 60 so can’t complain. After Tower we decided to walk around for a while. I wanted to go in One Man’s Dream but they are now closing that early so we couldn’t. We then watched some of the Jedi Training Academy show. By this time it was almost time to go sit down for Fantasmic I wanted to make sure I got there early since with the crowdedness of the park I didn’t want to risk not getting a seat so we headed in about an hour early and it was already pretty full.

When we got our seats were a few sections before the left side. A large section of the right side was blocked off which I assumed was for the Fantasmic Dinner Package thing they offer. 30 minutes before show the entire left side was now full so they let people start sitting in the right side of the theater that was previously blocked off. By show time the theater was completely full I didn’t see anybody standing but that was because they had 2 showings that night. The show was great as always I love Fantasmic and really can’t miss it on a trip. As we were leaving the theater there was a huge line waiting to get in. People were jam packed from the area right before where we exit towards tower all the way out onto the street I’m sure the second showing would be full also. We then took some pictures of the hat all lit up and left the park.

Overall it was another nice day we would have liked to have been able to go on more but we don’t like waiting in lines. Also since I’ll be back next week starting my College Program I figure I had the chance to ride them again so no big worries missing a couple rides. However I still would have liked to gone on them.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Parade travel can be very tricky, thats for sure. Thanks for the report!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Parade Traffic can be very frustrating the worst place for it is at AK. Just ask the poor family I saw in June trying to makie it to their ADR with no way to get to Tusker House.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Disney Studios will be more crowded now on days when Fantasmic is showing? The limited showings would certainly impact the plans of folks who do not have the park hopper option!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports Chris. I hope you'll give us some updates while you are on your CP. I did the college program a llloonnngg time ago and loved it. What segment are you going to be in. I was in attractions and got to work at the Haunted Mansion. It was so long ago that they had just started to let CP's and women work there, lol.

Best of luck!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: