Quantcast When do you start packing? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfamasb View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this obsession! We leave on Feb 7th and I have a bag that I'm tossing stuff in as I get it. I'll start getting really serious about it in another week to week and a half. For me, the pre-trip (planning, packing, etc...) is almost as fun as the vacation itself. Sad...I know
    Hi-That is our first day in the parks too. Have a great week-I hope we have great weather!
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys4ever View Post
    Too funny! I drive my husband nuts with all of my lists! I make them for everything...the boys' school, travel, shopping, work around the house...you get the picture. It can be a bit much, but I rarely forget anything. I think he secretly likes them, because in the long run...they make things easier But, I'm sure this is all he hears
    OMG! That's me! My DH says that I have lists for my lists! I don't do the actual packing until the week of our trip, but as soon as I know when/ where we're going on vacation, the lists begin! I also start shopping for all the extra stuff like snacks, poncho's, etc. and gathering stuff we already have & began piling it all on our pool table! This is where it all lives until time to pack! I also do the thing of picking out the clothes & a couple of weeks prior to trip, I snag them all so DS's & DH won't wear them before I get to pack them! I'm nuerotic in my planning & my packing, but I really enjoy every minute of it! Last year we planned a spur of the moment trip & I only a week to plan, shop & pack & I felt like I was robbed of my planning experience! Too funny huh?
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    OMG! That's me! My DH says that I have lists for my lists! I don't do the actual packing until the week of our trip, but as soon as I know when/ where we're going on vacation, the lists begin! I also start shopping for all the extra stuff like snacks, poncho's, etc. and gathering stuff we already have & began piling it all on our pool table! This is where it all lives until time to pack! I also do the thing of picking out the clothes & a couple of weeks prior to trip, I snag them all so DS's & DH won't wear them before I get to pack them! I'm nuerotic in my planning & my packing, but I really enjoy every minute of it! Last year we planned a spur of the moment trip & I only a week to plan, shop & pack & I felt like I was robbed of my planning experience! Too funny huh?
    I completely get it! I feel like I'm robbed when that happens too. The good part is that we have plenty of lists to reference
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

i start packing the day we get home from the current years disney vacation! i have rubbermaid containers with ponchos and items we use year after year - i plan and pack as if it were a hobby - i am a sick disney planner/packer - i admit it
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playdead88 View Post
    i start packing the day we get home from the current years disney vacation! i have rubbermaid containers with ponchos and items we use year after year - i plan and pack as if it were a hobby - i am a sick disney planner/packer - i admit it
    I am totally with you. This is the first time that I have washed and repacked everything for the next trip. We went in October and are going Presidents week. Since we weren't going to use the summer clothing in the Northeast during the fall and winter, I repacked the suitcases and stuck them in the attic. I kind of like it, however, I have to make sure none of the kids grew out of their clothes.

Otherwise, I usually pack the kids a few weeks before and myself the day before.
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well...

I already have lists started for my trip in May, but I won't actually pack until about a week before.

I will pack the toiletries soon, because we use different things when we are at WDW, and we won't be needing them at home.

Autograph books, pins and lanyards and things like that are already packed, but I don't usually unpack those things.
    Last trip February 2008 - Saratoga Springs

Next trip May 8-17 2009 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We pack the night before, usually because we have to be out the door early in the morning. We travel a lot and have learned never to worry about leaving something behind. We can always work it out wherever we go, including Disney. The only things you can't replace are your travel documents, everything else you can find at your destination if you have to.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the packing list in my passporter and I have made a list of things to send to the resort. I am planning to mail the package 10 days before our arrival on March 3. I have already gathered our toiletries and packed those. I bought osme summer clothes when htey were on sale this past summer and those are already packed. I have to buy the girls new swimsuits before we leave and will pack the rest of what we need a few days before we leave. My husband thinks I am nuts because I am constantly figuring things and making lists and redoing lists. I want to make sure we aren't out any extra expense because we forgot something so that should make him happy. Shouldn't it? 45 days and counting. I am more excited than the kids.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Kim View Post
    I bought osme summer clothes when htey were on sale this past summer and those are already packed. I have to buy the girls new swimsuits before we leave and will pack the rest of what we need a few days before we leave. My husband thinks I am nuts because I am constantly figuring things and making lists and redoing lists. I want to make sure we aren't out any extra expense because we forgot something so that should make him happy. Shouldn't it? 45 days and counting. I am more excited than the kids.
    I do the same thing for my boys. I just buy a size up and pack it. I find it amazing that Target now carries bathing suits the whole year! I guess they caught on that people go on vacation in the winter.
    Don't ya just wish they would think lists are the greatest things? I'm sure some husbands do, just not mine
    My kids are the same way now. They actually told us they would rather go back to Wisconsin Dells
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

Goodys in our area is going out of business and I went shopping today. I got my kids some really cute clothes for our trip. I bought my girls are size 12 swimsuit and of course it doesn't fit. I only paid $15 for it but now I have a swimsuit no one can wear.

Oh well that's what I get.
    Missouri Nurse
    Me (Kim), DH (Kenny), DS (Charlie)
    DD (Kimbra) DD Kaitlyn

March 2008 offsite-First trip Me and Kids
    March 2009 POR First Family Vacation

Post Thanks / Like

the day before. i did put some stuff out on a table in the craft room. but i havent even pulled out my suitcase. and i leave on wed.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

This is embarrassing I pack 3 months before...sometimes more! For our first trip, I packed 6 months before the trip, but only because I bought new outfits for the whole family(everything from head to toe). I pack the bulk of what we're bringing early and then throw in the little stuff the week before we leave. It's a sickness I love every aspect of the pre-trip...even non-Dsiney trips!
    This is exactly the same as me... i am glad that I am not the only one
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Time of year play a big part in when I pack. For example my trip this past December I had all my shorts and some t-shirts ready to go about a week and a half before I left. If it's a trip when it's warmer out I might not pack until; the night before or the same day depending on my flight time. But no matter when the bulk of the packing is done I am still finishing up as my ride to the airport arrives
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

That's one reason I start in January for a March trip! We live in the Northeast and I check in January to see what summer stuff my DS has outgrown. This year we need almost everything. Shorts, sandals and tee and polo shirts. It will not be easy to find in the stores here.

Post Thanks / Like

I start packing a few days before we leave and finish the night before. I have a Word document that includes packing lists for toiletries as well as various items for WDW and non-WDW vacations. It also includes pre-vacation to-do lists for WDW and non-WDW vacations. About a week before a trip, I update the document if necessary and print it so that I can complete the to-dos and purchase anything we need. The packing takes only a few hours.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

We never truly unpack- we have tote bags with out ponchos,toiletries,sunblock, whatever all ready and instead of putting a lot of summer clothes in storage, I just went ahead and packed them for the june trip. We could probably be ready to leave in an hour if the Disney witness protection agency arrived at the house!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default i admit it I have a problem too!!

I am a member of the official list makers/Disney planners association. I have lists for my lists and I redo them often as I buy things or get things done and cross them off I make new lists. We leave 4/24 and I started packing the day I booked the trip in November. My oldest DD got me the greatest gift for Christmas - new Disney luggage!!!! it is so cute so Christmas evening I took it to my room and a bunch of stuff that I know will be getting packed went right in the new suitcases. My husband says I am obsessed/possesed by a need to plan all things Disney. I admit its true When I was doing laundry this past weekend I came across two of DS's disney shirts - one is TOT and the other is a Dreams come true tshirt. I snagged them both from the laundry and upstairs to the suitcase they went. At least this way I know where they are. Now mind you I will a few days before bring the suitcases to the living room take everything out and recheck my lists to make sure that we have everything and then actually "pack" it all nice and neat into the suitcase. I also got things like toiletries, sunbock and new razor blades for DH that went right in there too! its easier to buy things a little at a time and put them away than to be a week or two out and need to buy everything. It makes it easier on the wallet!!

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is embarrassing I pack 3 months before...!
    I am glad i am not the only one!!! I startes packing today, exactly 89 days left before our trip. Well...i am practicing my packing...to see if it will fit in the luggage requirement for the plane (size...weight...). Love it....
    Fort wilderness april 2009 with the kids and the most wonderfull husband and father...

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I are just starting to plan our trip for next September.After 12 trips flying down,this time we are going to do a drive down. Now that we are both retired, time is not an issue.
    I have a loose leaf binder that has all of my travelling lists:hunting trips ,fishing trips,camp-outs,etc.I add and delete stuff from my lists constantly,after a brief discussion with her.
    As far as the actual packing,we pile stuff on an extra bed when we think of it.Can be months earlier than the trip if its something we will not be using til the trip.The week before,we buy fresh batteries for everything,and a night or two before leaving we get all of our meds together.About the only other pre-trip task will be to have the car serviced a week before departure.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

This is embarrassing I pack 3 months before...sometimes more! For our first trip, I packed 6 months before the trip, but only because I bought new outfits for the whole family(everything from head to toe). I pack the bulk of what we're bringing early and then throw in the little stuff the week before we leave. It's a sickness I love every aspect of the pre-trip...even non-Dsiney trips!
    You sound just like me! I always feel the need for a new "vacation wardrobe" for the whole family. I want everything to be perfect! I start packing as we purchase. We are going this May and I told my two teen daughters that as soon as the summer clothing is out at the mall..we are so there for our "Disney trip shopping". I find that a big part of the fun of going to Disney, is the planning and the anticipation. I always feel so let down when we come home and it is over. Just have to start planning the next trip....and then I feel all excited again!

1988 - offsite
    1991- offsite
    2001 - offsite
    2007 - WDW Swan
    2009 - Beach Club Villas
    2011 - May Beach Club Villas - Can't wait!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: