Quantcast We are back...Great trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We are back...Great trip

Hi all...Well the time has finally come and gone......We went to the World from Jan 4-Jan 11...It was my first trip since the 98 birthday castle lol...and my fams first time (8yo daughter and 3yo son) and my better half...It was a great time albeit tiring...We stayed at Movies (and dont believe everything you read or hear...It was a really nice room) My kids dont have any interest in mints or turn down service...Yet...We drove down from Indiana (14 hr straight thru and arrived in Orlando on the 3rd at 630pm)...Then had dinner at Guardunos (outside park) Good pizza and relatively inexpensive...Checked into our off site hotel for the first night...Legacy Suites Westgate (I think)...Kinda dumpy...Headboard fell off wall...lol...cleaned up and headed over to Boardwalk for ice cream...Daughter recieved a free hairwrap which she was stoked about...Magical Moment #1...More to follow...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start to your trip!! I look forward to reading more.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to read more, sounds like a good start even with falling headboards

Post Thanks / Like

Hair braiding for free!! Thats quite a magical moment. We have unfortunately spent a fortune braiding my girls hair at WDW! Can't wait to hear more!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Are Back...Day 2

Hi again...Well since it was such a long drive down for the kiddos the first day I awoke very early and headed over to the resort to claim our Keys to the World and our 200$ gift card (what a major help that was...We got 2.5 meals with it...) Returned to the room and gathered up the fam and headed over to DHS for rope drop...First time for all of us...It was pretty sweet...The director car and the old time movie set...Kids loved it...Once park opened we watched the HSM dance troupe for a few minutes then got our fast passes for Toy Story (awesome ride and a ton of fun)...Get the passes early if you havent done it yet as they were all gone by 1130am and the wait when we returned was 160min WOW...We then returned to do all of the required rides i.e. Movie Ride (son was pretty scared with the gun shots from the mob scene) Muppets...Kids waited in line for their first Character greets Goofy & Pluto (now son says "Oh Garsh" all the time...lol) They it was time for Daddys rides...TOT and Aerosmith (LOVED the coaster)...Oh and rider swap rules!!! (just like fast pass)...Walked around quite a bit then had some lunch at the little place near TOT (Yep had my first Turkey Leg & I think it stayed with me for like 3 days...lol)...Went back to Toy Story and rode it with my 3yo son...Yeppers we beat my wife and daughter lol...(hint- If you are riding with a youngster make sure you tell them to let the string go all the way back in before trying to shoot again)...then we headed back to let the kids nap which proved to be fruitless...so we let them swim for a bit at the Ducks pool which was heated nicely for the 85 degree sunny day we had lol...We then headed back to the studios for the final hours of the day...Went over to see Beauty and Indy Shows then over to see Lightning and Mator in the garage (son loved it) and by then the parade started and the kids loved that...They saw all of their fave Pixar stars and a very nice couple let the kids go and sit down at the ropes...We were at the end so they got up and boogied down with Flick and the other cast from the movie (It def made me tear up a tad...lol) No Fantasmic for that day so we headed out to have dinner at Outback offsite (thanks to cashing in on Discover card points)...All in all a wonderfully nice day...The crowds were a bit more than what we had expected but the lines werent bad at all, just alot of people in the parks....Ill have some photos when we recieve our Photo Pass CD...Day 3 at Animal Kingdom to follow...Enjoy...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip report!
    Thanks for sharing.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are off to a terrific vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Your first Turkey leg! I still can't figure out if I like those things or not...thanks for the report!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: