Quantcast JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 2 Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 2 Part 2

December 12th
    Part 2
    Animal Kingdom/ Merry Mixer/ DHS

So we decide to go see CaptainJessicaSparrow at Rafiki's Planet Watch and we head over to the train and the wait seemed a bit long but we decided to head out there any way. After a pretty long wait for the train we go on and arrived. When I saw the line for the train going back to the park I knew we were in trouble. We asked the first Character helper if they knew Jessica and if she was working and he said nope never heard of her We turn the corner and there she was with Jiminy we spent a little bit of time with her and I got a picture with Jiminy and we decided to head back since I wanted to head over to the DVC Merry Mixer and was suppose to meet someone for an ADR. We waited in an extremely long line to get back on the train I was glad I stopped and grabbed a bottle of water before we got on and asked a CM if the path was still but he said it was a Backstage area now so we were stuck. It turns out they were only running 1 train since the other 2 were out of service. The one positive although it was a small one was we won a Dream for Dream Hours at the Animal Kingdom but noone could use them anyway since we all had other plans. It was however a nice souvenir of the meet and the day. I was now running about an hour or so behind schedule and not a happy camper. I mean really if they are having troubles with the trains they should at least warn people or have an alternate way out in order to keep traffic flowing. I hustled to catch a bus to the Beeach Club since the Merry Mixer was at the International Gateway. I arrived with about an hour left of the event. I went in and got my Rice Krispie Treat and put my raffle ticket in the box and then got on line for a picture with Mickey and Minnie. I grabbed some warm cider before getting on line and waited for my picture. I got near the front and they changed out the characters to Dasiy and Donald. I watched the closing festivities and traded some pins at the pin board and got my really nice DVC ornament on the way out. I knew Ellen was planning on being at Epcot so I called her and she said they were meeting at the Studios to Catch the Osbourne so I decided to head over there and come back to Epcot later for EMHs. I left Epcot after a quick stop at Pin Central to get some of the Holiday Around the World Pins and the Gingerbread House pin and was off to the bus. Well it took about 45 minutes for a bus to finally show up but I was still doing ok with time to meet Ellen. I waited by the Star Tours Attraction where we were suppose to meet with no sign of them I watch the lights turn on from a side street view and waited a little more. After a while I tried calling here but got no answer so figured I must have missed her I headed for the streets to watch the lights and take on the snow. While walking I run into Rhonda and Carol and stop to talk and they say Ellen was held up. This didn't surprise with the how slow the buses were and the lines for the boats. We hung around and talked for a while and then I headed to Youse Guys to pick up my glasses and pins. I grabbed a soad and some cinamon glazed nuts took some pictures then decided to head back to Epcot for EMHs and catch Holiday Illuminations.

Next Up My return to Epcot.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A great day in spite of the little frustrations that came up! Thanks Jeff!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good time despite the slow moving from park to park.

What are Dream Hours? Is it like Extra Magic hours?
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Dream hours was 3 hours extra in the park with only a few thousand people.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

A day with any number of annoyances and frustrations! The consolation is that you are n Disney World!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Jessica just a hoot! She is awesome. I only hope I get to meet more of you in the future.

Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: