Quantcast So where are the Dream Squad Cast Members now?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So where are the Dream Squad Cast Members now?

I don't mean to pour salt on the wounds of those who never saw or received anything from the Dream Squad . . . but I thought it was a wonderful idea, and we always enjoyed spotting them and wondering what their next mission may be.

We saw them a few times with their prize patrol vests on, and we knew they were on their way to someone who was "in the right place at the right time." Even when they were not awarding prizes, they would walk around the parks as Super Greeters. They would talk to random guests and try to make their day magical in little ways . . .here's a pin, free snack, or the occasional front-of-the-line pass for a particular ride. Seems like a fabulous job to me!

So what happened the Dream Squad people after YOAMD wrapped up? Did they automatically get moved to Birthday Patrol?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I never got to see the Dream suqad
    I hope they come around again

As many times as I've been to Disney I've never heard of birthday patrol? whats up with that?
    Last trip: June 2006- HS Graduation
    Next trip: September 2010!!! Uncles first trip since WDW opened!

Ray Rice #27
    Baltimore Ravens HON!

Post Thanks / Like

I meant the "What will you celebrate in 2009" theme. Not sure what the official lingo is.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I don't believe the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign requires any special staff, so it's doubtful they were re-purposed that way.

My guess is they were absorbed into other areas. Disney is normally short staffed, although they have been talking hours reductions and layoffs lately so I suppose it's possible they just got the boot.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps some of the dream squad members will become Peter Pan. I heard he likes to follow you around telling you that you can fly. Not sure if that was supposed to make my day more magical or not.
    Next trip: DL Oct '09 with my mom, sister, and best friend!!

Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually had a few conversations with some Dream Squad Members on my December trip at the Animal kingdom and they confirmed that they will be moved into other areas of the company with many of them going back to their pre-dream Squad Positions.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I loved seeing the dream squad. Up until our second to last day on one of our trips last year when the dream squad guy chatted us up to say that he just had given away the castle stay to a family standing in our exact spot 5 minutes ago, if only we had gotten there sooner! As he said he would've loved to have given the stay to a family like ours. It was an awful feeling. My DD was so upset, as she felt guilty as she was the one who pushed for that one last ride on Buzz. We assured her she did nothing wrong, but our encounter with Mr. Dream Squad felt horrible. I contacted Disney about this experience when we returned to let them know.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

973.33 miles/15 hours and 11minutes too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I loved seeing the dream squad. Up until our second to last day on one of our trips last year when the dream squad guy chatted us up to say that he just had given away the castle stay to a family standing in our exact spot 5 minutes ago, if only we had gotten there sooner! As he said he would've loved to have given the stay to a family like ours. It was an awful feeling. My DD was so upset, as she felt guilty as she was the one who pushed for that one last ride on Buzz. We assured her she did nothing wrong, but our encounter with Mr. Dream Squad felt horrible. I contacted Disney about this experience when we returned to let them know.
    wow. that would really stink! I'm sure he didn't mean to make your daughter feel bad though, in fact he probably didn't realize that some people would not be happy to hear that (I know I would be a little annoyed). In those cases ignorance is bliss right? Did you ever hear back from Disney?
    Mon coeur est tout a toi. Garde le bien pour moi.

PREVIOUS TRIPS
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
    2003 Disney's Wilderness Cabins
    2001 off site
    1999 off site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ... My guess is they were absorbed into other areas. Disney is normally short staffed, although they have been talking hours reductions and layoffs lately so I suppose it's possible they just got the boot.
    Yeah, I was going to say, they were probably in the unemployment queue.

Seriously, the good thing about many of the positions though, is it's fairly easy to just alter schedules and be absorbed into other areas. Some money is better than no money I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to say that DH and I felt slighted during our December trip. We did run into the Dream Squad members quite a few times, but when they saw it was only a couple they headed the other way. I really felt like Disney doesn't care for couples only family's. That is one of the reasons we won't be visiting anytime soon. It is quite disturbing to know that couples who aren't able to have children are made to feel less than adequate. I do hope however that they did not loose their jobs after the YOMD ended and were absorbed back into the mix.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Dream Squad was a TA (temporary assignment). When they took the position, they were guaranteed a spot back in their original line of business. But I have seen them since the new year, and they are essentially Super Greeters all the time, a branch of GR.

Post Thanks / Like

Along this line of thought - what will happen to the ultimate non-Disney-esque (I mean the position was filled through the john-q public and not among the ranks of Disney employees with a contest last year) coveted position of the Chief Magic Official (CMO)? Wasn't he supposed to be the head honcho of the YOAD Dream Squad "vested" prize patrol? Is he out of a position too now? That has to be an enormous let-down for that guy. I guess it was fun while it lasted though.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

We saw the dream squad many times, but never got a "wish". Everyone that we know that had gone to Disney during the "Year of a Million Dreams" got something (lanyards, fastpasses, etc.). It became a joke with my husband and me.

I hope the members of the dream squad are reassigned within WDW. They made many people happy.
    '78-'03 - Many trips - Offsite
    Nov '03 - CBR and DCL
    Dec '04 - Pop
    Dec '05 - Pop (Proposal in front of Cinderella's Castle!)
    Jan '06 - Pop (Joined DVC)
    Sept '06 - OKW (Honeymoon)
    Feb '07 - OKW
    Oct '07 - SS
    Mar '08 SS
    Mar '09 OKW
    Nov-Dec '09 OKW (Birthday Trip)

Post Thanks / Like

we went 6 times during the 2 YOMD and never even saw and dream squad folks. Just lots with dream fast pass. In fact my BFF was there the same time on 2 of my trips and both times she won dream fast passes. Oh well.

We are back at WDW in Feb 09 and we will be celebrating being on vacation on my son's 7th birthday which is 10 days after we get back.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    OUCH! Hey, great news! You just won the lottery! You're a gazillionaire! oopss...sorry, those were last weeks numbers....
    Seriously, what POSSIBLE good could come from telling someone they JUST MISSED a great prize? Did Disney respond to your comment?

Post Thanks / Like

We finally won Dream Fastpasses this past December.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Let me just say...the ONLY thing I wanted....was a pair of ears. That's all.

And I missed them once as a guest (not a morning person but this day I was up to meet villains at DHS) and tried to go back 3 times to get them. Each time, they had stopped passing them out for that frame.

To rub salt in an open wound, one of the last days in December they were handing them out at RPW when I was working and it was torture. I almost cried because I wanted them so badly.

Of course, as a CM, I technically couldn't accept the ears even if they did offer them to me (but they never checked the guest info anyways). Needless to say, once I get some money, I'm shopping on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like

I
    do have to say that DH and I felt slighted during our December trip. We did run into the Dream Squad members quite a few times, but when they saw it was only a couple they headed the other way. I really felt like Disney doesn't care for couples only family's.
    i was there last year alone with my 2 children and we did not get any prizes either,however,i did see several young couples alone with those dream passes around their neck,i think that it was just a case of being in the right place at the right time.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

here's my funny little story.

DH and I were on the look out for them last March. However, DH is a huge Phillies fan and one day he decided to go to Clearwater and he dropped me off at MK while he went to the game.

Lo and behold!

I was about to go to TSI and missed the first raft. I asked the CM about the paint brushes and she said "Tom didn't get to hide them this morning" so I decided not to go over.

As I went to leave a man in a vest pulled me aside and for a fleeting moment I thought I was in trouble or something!

then he pulled out a bag and said there was something in it for me.

I asked if Johnny Depp was in there and he laughed and gave me a fast pass.

Poor DH never got to have one, but that's what he gets for going to a ball game! lol!
    Sometimes you'll be Sleepy, Bashful, SNEEZY, Dopey and maybe even Grumpy; but I hope you are always HAPPY at the end of the day.

Annual Pass Holder
    AKL-10th Wed Ann Sept 08
    Offsite: Mar 09 Mar 08 Mar 07 Mar 06 Mar 04, Sept 03 Mar 02 Nov 00
    ASM Mar 05
    Magic Music Days Performer May 89

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilcat View Post
    I do have to say that DH and I felt slighted during our December trip. We did run into the Dream Squad members quite a few times, but when they saw it was only a couple they headed the other way. I really felt like Disney doesn't care for couples only family's. That is one of the reasons we won't be visiting anytime soon. It is quite disturbing to know that couples who aren't able to have children are made to feel less than adequate.
    We have two young children (8&6) and visited 3 times during YOMD and didn't get one single "dream". One of the trips was for our sons' birthdays and even with their birthday pins we still never won anything. We just weren't ever in the right place at the right time. Which is more likely the same explination as to why you didn't win anything either. I don't think not having children has anything to do with it. We consider ourselves lucky to just be able to visit WDW as much as we do. We make our own "dreams and magic" happen when we go to WDW. Just being there with my family is enough of a prize for me. Sorry you felt that Disney discriminated against you.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: