Quantcast First Haircut

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: First Haircut

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Haircut

Has anyone had their child's first haircut at MK? My sister-in-law is thinking about having my twin nephews first haircut done in November while we are there. Any advice or tips?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We took our son to Disney for his first haircut. I advise getting there early because the line can get long at times. My husband waited in line, and I took our son to see some characters while we waited. The cast member who cut his hair was fabulous...lots of Mickey stickers and bubbles to distract him from what was really happening. My son also got a pair of ears that say "First Haircut"...very cute. We're already looking forward to taking our second child down for his first haircut. Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We just did this a couple of weeks ago for my daughter. She just turned two but this was her first haircut. I worried about how she would do because she doesn't like strangers bothering her. She never cried or tried to get down out of the chair or anything. They did a fabulous job with her. She had plenty of Mickey stickers to play with to keep her busy. At the end she got her certificate and lock of hair and a pair of pink ears that say first haircut on the back. The price was only $14 which I thought was quite a bargain! We went on a Saturday and I thought the wait would be long but we were in and out within an hour and my two older sons also had their haircut while we were there.

Crystal

March 97: off property
    April 00: All Star Sports
    May 02: CB
    Nov 02: Port Orleans Riverside
    March 04: Pop Century
    July 05: POR
    Dec 05: POR
    July 06: POR
    Became DVC members
    March 07: Disney Cruise
    Oct 07, Oct 08: Saratoga Springs

Next trip Christmas 2009

Post Thanks / Like

We did this for both of our boys who are now 3.5 and 17mo. My oldest DS, this is the ONLY place he has had a decent haircut. (I cut the younger one myself because he lets me).

The staff is GREAT! We had Penney both times. Like the other two posters said... lots of stickers, confetti, and fun. I was really worried about the chairs... they are barber chairs with boosters, but it is easy to hold on to them.

I agree... go early. It fills up quick and the shop closes fairly early.

Oooh. AND there are characters right outside the shop. We bided our time while I waited, DH took DSs to see the characters.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure she will do it now. We were curious how much it would cost. Do you know if the Barber/Beauty shop opens when the park opens? I was just thinking if we got there first thing in the morning we could go straight there.

Post Thanks / Like

We did this for Hayden in fact he has had most of his haircuts done there , but the first one was great and the barber's have for the most part been great too. The haircut is $14.00 and if it is their first they get a set of ears with "First haircut" on the back, and a certificate. It was well worth the money. Get there early they open up soon after park opening and as someone else said their is only two chairs so the line forms quickly. Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

My son HAS to get his "hair done" when we are there every trip!! He gets a hair cut and then the mickey head (in colored gel) in the back of his hair and then confetti sprinkled on top!

Last trip he "conned" his dad (my DH) into getting his hair cut too and also a mickey head in gel and the mickey confetti.......you should have SEEN the LOOKS DH got ALLLLLLLLL day from other park goers!! One guy even said something to him about being silly enough to do it......DH said back that it was Disney and if you can be a kid no matter how old you were!! (IF I knew how to put up the pictures I would, but I can never figure that out!!).

We've been there when there was no line and when there was a line, so if you hit it right you might not have to wait long!

I'm thinking about taking DS#2 who will be 6 months in December, however my sister does not think he'll need a hair cut yet......the kid has hair over his ears already!!! I think I want to take him!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

DS has his first cut there in april and it was a great experience all around! He sat nicely playing with the Mickey stickers and was entertained by the hairdresser and his big sister. They gave DD a special pixie dust 'do for being such a good helper!

Can't beat the price either - the ears alone would cost just about as much and they come free with the cut!
    1980 off-site
    1988 off-site
    1995 CBR
    2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 SOG
    2014 DoubleTree Suites

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppysmom View Post
    My son HAS to get his "hair done" when we are there every trip!! He gets a hair cut and then the mickey head (in colored gel) in the back of his hair and then confetti sprinkled on top!

Last trip he "conned" his dad (my DH) into getting his hair cut too and also a mickey head in gel and the mickey confetti.......you should have SEEN the LOOKS DH got ALLLLLLLLL day from other park goers!! One guy even said something to him about being silly enough to do it......DH said back that it was Disney and if you can be a kid no matter how old you were!! (IF I knew how to put up the pictures I would, but I can never figure that out!!).

We've been there when there was no line and when there was a line, so if you hit it right you might not have to wait long!

I'm thinking about taking DS#2 who will be 6 months in December, however my sister does not think he'll need a hair cut yet......the kid has hair over his ears already!!! I think I want to take him!!
    If you can't have fun, goofy hair at Disney, where can you?!?! Sounds like a fun time to me!!!

I vote for taking #2 to get his haircut! Our #1 didn't really need his cut (he had like 1 hair on his head) but we did it anyway. The pictures turned out sooo cute, and it was the only happy hair cut the child has ever had!
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

My sis took my 2.5 year old nephew there for his first official haircut. He sat still for them and it's probably the best haircut he's ever had. They are used to dealing with little ones and do a great job. My other nephews go there too and they are 14 & 19. It's well worth the price and the wait.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Got back today and took my DS8months yesterday. Michael did a wonderful job! My son loved him. He got a bunch of stickers a certificate, his hair wrapped in pixy dust, and ears that say my first haircut. We went at 10 am and had a 1 1/2 hour wait, but it was well worth it. The cost was 14.00.

Enjoy!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

As my sis said I took my DS there when he was 2.5 and they did a great job on him. What she forgot to meantion was we also took the 7 week old DS last year so I could get the first haircut out of the way. Thankfully there was enough of hair for just a little snip. The now big brother had his hair done again at the same time and the did the confetti in his hair but they also put some in his pocket so he would have it for later. Yep I forgot about it and was pulling confetti out of the laundry at home after washing his clothes. Over all though it's a really fun thing to do.
    Coreen

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: