Quantcast New years eve at wdw

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New years eve at wdw

I read that the parks give out horns and hats somewhere, is this true? Also do you think Epcot will be busier on NYE since they serve ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

When we went in 2002 they did give out hats and horns. I can't answer the question about Epcot Sorry! But I do know MK was packed on NYE. Reached capacity about 9:30 - 10 in the morning.
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We were there NYE 2001-2002 and they did give out horns and hats later in the evening. We were at MK and the park did reach capacity by 10am. So, if you're going to go, I would get to the parks early and be ready to spend the entire day there.

All in all, it was awesome!!! I would definitely do it again! Just need to wait for the DDs to get a little older.
    April
    Up Next: April 19-26th 40th Birthday
    Past trips:
    Dec./Jan.2001/2002 OP (engaged @ Castle!)
    Oct. 03 YC (6mos pregnant)
    May. 05 BC (DD 1st trip)
    April/May 06 DL (1st trip
    Oct. 07 BWI (DD2 1st trip)
    Oct. 08 WL (Grand Gathering)
    Dec. 09 Timeshare
    2011, 2013 POFQ
    Mar/Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Years Eve at WDW

Our family of 7 (my DS, his DW, and their 4 children) were at Disney from Dec. 28, 2007 to Jan. 5, 2008. We spent New Years Eve at Epcot, as the two teenagers (15 and 13) chose Epcot's fireworks New Years Eve celebration.

It was definitely crowded, hard to walk around, and a long wait, but worth every minute of it. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we are going agin this year during the same time period, and to Epcot for New Years Eve.

Just for information, MK did reach capacity early that morning as others have said. We arrived at Epcot about 8:00 a.m. and did some attractions, claimed a spot for the midnight fireworks about 3:00 p.m. (yes, we sat for 9 hours with 4 kids) and waited for the FIREWORKS. We would take turns going to take kids to bathrooms, getting food, picking up the hats and noisemakers, etc. We really had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I thought about DHS for NYE but the park already is small, and I thought might seem small if crwed that night. How were the crowds after NYE at WDW? We are planning on staying till the 6th.
    I dont know if I could sit for that long for fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by TBlount View Post
    Our family of 7 (my DS, his DW, and their 4 children) were at Disney from Dec. 28, 2007 to Jan. 5, 2008. We spent New Years Eve at Epcot, as the two teenagers (15 and 13) chose Epcot's fireworks New Years Eve celebration.

It was definitely crowded, hard to walk around, and a long wait, but worth every minute of it. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we are going agin this year during the same time period, and to Epcot for New Years Eve.

Just for information, MK did reach capacity early that morning as others have said. We arrived at Epcot about 8:00 a.m. and did some attractions, claimed a spot for the midnight fireworks about 3:00 p.m. (yes, we sat for 9 hours with 4 kids) and waited for the FIREWORKS. We would take turns going to take kids to bathrooms, getting food, picking up the hats and noisemakers, etc. We really had a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAMOUSELOVER View Post
    Hi,
    I thought about DHS for NYE but the park already is small, and I thought might seem small if crwed that night. How were the crowds after NYE at WDW? We are planning on staying till the 6th.
    I dont know if I could sit for that long for fireworks.
    Like the others have said, whichever park you go to, plan to be there for a good 15 hours or more! So if DHS would be too small for that length of time you might consider Epcot.

I went over the millennium 1999/2000 and you don't need to park yourself in a spot 9 hours ahead of time unless you want a seat for the fireworks. As I'm sure you know, the views around world showcase are all great and if you're willing to stand there's no real point in getting a spot early. If you have small kids or want a clear view of the lagoon you'll have to bite the bullet and find the spot early.

Post Thanks / Like

The parks definitely fill to capacity that day. If you plan to be in a park, plan to arrive early and stay for the duration!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! We usally do open the parks and close them. So staying all day and night is not a problem. My problem might be that we were going to take an early flight that day to oralndo. We would arrive around 9:30 at the airport, and then by tiem we got to our resort and got our tickets the parks might be fille to capicty. What if I have an ADr for that night for dinner in Epcot. Will they let you in?
    I really just started to think of this.

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding it that they do not allow any additional guests to enter if they are filled to capacity.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking at a flight on SW at 11am, so I am thinking about just resort hopping to see the decorations,and DTD. Anywhere we can view the fireworks not in a park? Looks like now we will be staying at POFQ

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Polynesian Beach.

Outside of the turnstiles for DHS. You can see them really well from where the flagpole is at.

I watched the 4th of July ones there with some friends.

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    And I will stop by to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Polynesian Beach.

Outside of the turnstiles for DHS. You can see them really well from where the flagpole is at.

Post Thanks / Like

Will we be able to get on the beach?
    ANd wil we have a problem getiing back to our home reosrt POFQ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Polynesian Beach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PAMOUSELOVER View Post
    Will we be able to get on the beach?
    ANd wil we have a problem getiing back to our home reosrt POFQ?
    Most of the time there is no problem, but on special occasions (such as the 4th of July and New Year's Eve), they do sometimes check your resort ID to make sure you're a guest at the Polynesian.

As far as getting back to your resort, since the Magic Kingdom would still be open/just closing, you could take the monorail there and then get on a bus to your resort.
    Rhonda

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: