Quantcast JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 1 Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 1 Part 2

December 11th
    Part 2
    MVMCP

Pictures

I left Animal Kingdom and decided to hop a bus to the Grand Floridian to see the Holiday Decorations before making my way to the Christmas Party. The Decorations were amazing and I really liked the the life size Gingerbread House. I walked around the lobby for a while and decided to see if they had any of the Gingerbread House Pins left at the gift shop. The woman at the gift shop said they sold out the first day with people buying as many as 10 pins which was kind of annoying since with limited edition people are only suppose be able to purchase 2 pins. After taking a few pictures of the decorations in the lobby I hopped on a Monorail for the Christmas Party. Now I had already decided I would spend very little time on the rides and more time soaking in the Christmas Party activities. I started out on main Street just walking around and taking it all in aroud 5:30. I was getting rather hungry at this point so I headed over to Cosmic Rays for a Burger with all the Fixins After dinner I took a ride on the TTA to relax a little before the night's activities started. My first goal was the Castle lighting ceremony which I was really looking forward to. I staked out a great spot for the show and was absolutely amazed with the show and the lighting of the Castle. It was definately one of the emotional Disney moments. I had seen pictures and watched some video of the show but words can't describe how amazing it was to see in person. It was truly breath taking and really got me in the holiday spirit.For the rest of the night it was difficult to take my eyes off the Castle. After the Castle lighting I head over towards Frontierland to checkout some pins and they were starting to set up for the Party merchandise but I had to wait until exactly 7 PM to purchase any of the Party pins so I went out onto the streets and to my surprise saw Wendell from the Country Bears out and about dancing around to Christmas Music. I took a few pictures of Wendell in his holiday finest having to chase him up the street to get a good picture. I went back into the pin shop and bought my Party pins and then headed towards Main Street to watch the Celebrate Season show starting at 7:45. I grabbed a great spot in front of the Castle and waited for the show to start. It was a really fun little show that continued the Holiday spirit growing. This was another show that I had seen video of but never saw live since I always seemed to miss it when I was at the park with others during the Party. After show I had a scare in Fantasyland, I was looking for the cinamon roasted almonds and they moved the cart away from the entrance to Toontown but I just followed my nose which quickly put me back on the trail. I took a stroll back into Toontown and looked at the decorations and debated getting my picture taken with Mickey but realized I didn't have much time before Mickey's Twas the Night before Christmas started. On my way back towards I noticed the line wasn't too long for a picture with Donald so I hopped on the line. I was next in line for a picture with Donald and he had to take a break and Scrooge McDuck came out to take his place. I gave my camera to the Photopass Photographer and he took a picture of me with my camera and then with his and gave me a photopass. Now not sure if this was done on purpose but the picture he took with my camera was out of focus when I looked at it later(this is an ongoing theme with photopass and them using my camera). I grabbed a hot Chocolate and a cookie or 2 on my way to Tomorrowland and headed to the show. I had some time to kill so I popped into Cosmic Ray's and checked out the dance party. Then took a quick picture of Stitch before getting a seat for the show. This is one of my favorite shows that Disney does for the holidays. It's a classic story with a Disney twist. I had a good seat for the show and really had a great time. I love that they still use a live orchestra during the show. After the show I had to hustle to the hub for Holiday Wishes. I was still thirsty so I grabbed a soda from the cart right on the outside of the hub. The slowest CM in the world was working and it took a while to get a soda but the timing was perfect. I got my soda and took a few steps away from the cart and had the perfect spot for the fireworks. I love the music to this show for some reason and it was another one of the emotional Disney moments. I really couldn't believe how fast this day was flying by and I was just starting to soak it all in.

Next up Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and the conclusion of the party.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

That giant gingerbread house at the GF is pretty awesome I can't wait to see it when I go! That is crazy about those pins they really should limit the number people are able to buy especially on limited edition pins. It's not fair they allow some to purchase 10+ pins.

It sounds like you had a great time at the party! I really love the Christmas Party I hope to go next December and see it again. It is alot of fun.

Great pictures!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures were great, and sounds like you had a blast at the party. Thanks!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

It's been about four years since I've been there during the holiday! You're making me wish I could have gone again this year!

Great pics! I love the one where the Castle is reflected in the water! What sort of camera are you using?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Cannon Powershot Pro S5 IS
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report! Your photos are beautiful!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The castle shots are stunning and the exposures on most are about perfect. These are tripod shots, correct? If not you are steady as a rock.
    I think the castle shot with reflection and full moon can be edited a bit to improve the exposure. It's the only one blown out a bit.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Actually no Tripod I just used the Action setting which I found works best when you don't have one
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Actually no Tripod I just used the Action setting which I found works best when you don't have one
    That's pretty darn steady for 1/15 of a sec. I'm assuming the IS in your camera name is for Image stabilization. I guess it's working good.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics and wonderful descriptors of what you've seen so far today. The decorations and party sound wonderful - and it seems your timing has so far been impeccable!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I just added some more pictures I am trying to catch the pictures up to the report before posting the next part
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Awesome pics Cookie, can't wait to read the rest of your trip report dude.
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Great pix. Wish I had been there. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: