Quantcast Glendon's solo trip Day 1 Dec 13th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glendon's solo trip Day 1 Dec 13th

Glendon's solo trip Day 1 Dec 13th
    Today was the big day. Finally leaving Canada and heading down to Florida. The weather was cold but clear so no delays getting to or leaving the airport.

I flew out of terminal 1 at Pearson, got a great deal on Sun Wing and had a gret flight. Despite the crying babies on board the plane. I was so immersed in James Patterson's double Cross the time just flew by. But like everytime I fly I got a massive headache. Since my advil liquid gels were taken by security I was out of luck until I got to Pop.

Went through customs at Orlando and headed over to the magical Express area. OMG I have never seen a line this long before. It stretched all the way down the B side. So I hit the "warshroom" as I will explain later and got in the line. This guy came up behind me and asked if it was the ME line and I said yeah unfortunately. We started to chat back and forth and it became clear we're both mo's and alone. (I was actuyally kinda glad the line was so long so we got to chat for a bit) We talked about our love for all things Disney and past trips etc. I was solo this trip and he was meeting up with his family for his annual visit. He lives in Georgia so he only sees them a few times a year. So as the line progressed we kept on talking etc. I explained what I do and so did he. (Have I mentioned he was really cute lol) So just before we got to the counter I said if you'd like to ditch your family one night or something just text me and we can hang out. i gave him my card and off I went to check in for ME. (never done that before so I was proud of myself) Turns out he was staying at ASMov and was in the line beside me he sent me a text saying he was glad to meet me and hoped to see me again. Off he went to the bus and myself a few mins later.

On the bus ride to Pop I met a nice woman and her son from Kitchener, ON and we discussed our flight and other things. I told her about the meet in Epcot tomorrow and my splittling headache. She offered me some liquids gels when we got off the bus which I was so thankful for and we were off to check in. She was hoping for building 1 and I was hoping for 10.

Check in went well and I got building 10 without even asking for it (which was good since I was in a preferred room). Saw the lady from the bus and she said she got building 10!! lol we both got what we wanted. My room was ready (thank god) and I was off to dump my stuff and head out. Austin (the guy from the airport) checked in and was heading o MK with his family. I was headed to MK too because I was determined to see the fairies today.

So i arrived at MK and was delighted to see the beautiful Christmas decor. I was off to see the fairies, there was only a posted 45 min wait which was good and it only turned out to be an hour so I was quite happy. Pixie hollow and the shrinking room were quite cute and I loved meeting the fairies. On my first visit I got Iridessa, Tinker Bell, who was not happy to see Wendy on my shirt and my favorite, Rosetta.

The park was SLAMMED it was so busy, you know it's bad when there's a line for IASW. So I only did HM and POTC. Meanwhile Austin and his family were hitting various rides around the park while we texted back and forth to each other. I decided I'd had enough. I went to the Christmas store bought a bunch of ornaments (50% off!!!!!) and got the castle throw and sent them to the resort.

I then went back to Pop to have something to eat since I hadn't eaten since the flight and got changed and headed over to Epcot. Since it's the biggest. I did some pics with the photo pass people and just walked around WS snapping some for myself. I watched the fireworks from the bridge by International Gateway. (wow what a finale!!)

So after I went to the Beach Club I hopped a bus to DTD where I had some dinner. And picked out my character sketch. I had Earl of Sandwich (LOVE THIS PLACE) and picked a sketch of Rosetta to be done for me and sent to my resort. I met a nice CM who used to live in Canada but now lives in FLA with her retired husband. She asked if I was a CM and I said no. I got that question a lot this week actually. I walked around DTD a bit and then decided to head back and get some rest.

Tomorrow is Epcot for Characters.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

oooooo....can't wait for more. I feel like I'm reading a romantic novel about you and Austin!!!!
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

lol i wish it was

Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE skip to the end of 'the book' and tell me you are now dating Austin!!!!!!!!
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the deal with you and Austin???
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine1010 View Post
    PLEASE skip to the end of 'the book' and tell me you are now dating Austin!!!!!!!!
    LOL nope kinda hard, since he lives in Atlanta and I live here in Canada. I will say he has to be one of the most mature, level headed guys I've met in a looong time and he's only 19!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Whats the deal with you and Austin???
    Just friends I guess.

All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice start to your trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: