Quantcast Tidbits December 2008

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits December 2008

Tidbits
    December 2008

Rexervations

12/21/08 The T-Rex Cafe at the Downtown Disney Marketplace has announced it will begin accepting Dining Reservations January 5, 2009 via 407-828-8739. These reservations are not part of the Disney Advanced Dining Reservation System and are handled by the restaurant itself.

Epicurean Expansion

12/21/08 The Magic Kingdom park will be expanding its dinner dining options December 24-31, 2008 by offering a family style meal at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon. During this period Guests can enjoy a family-style dinner that includes carved beef, pork loin, roasted turkey breast, and mashed potatoes from 5 pm - 9 pm daily. The meal will be priced at $22.99 per Guests Ages 10 & Up and $15.99 for Guests Ages 3-9.

A Ship Pillaging

12/13/08The Viking Ship removal has been completed. The landscaping that was infront of the Ship has been expanded to replace the former foot print of Ship location.

12/9/08 Epcot’s Norway pavilion will soon be experiencing a fairly noticeable cosmetic change. Construction Permits have been filed to demolish the Viking Ship that is somewhat prominently displayed at the pavilion. The structure, formerly of play structure use, has recently been used mostly as a photo back-drop. The construction permits have been filed with the Description of Property of, “Epcot Norway Viking Ship” and the Description of Improvements as, “Demo Viking ship, salvage props, safety deck material, back fill included electrical.” The schedule for this project is not clear at this time.

A Fairyly New Meet & Greet

12/9/08Character Cast have reported that the Pixie Hollow Meet and Greet will has suspended the game portion of the Meet and Greet experience. This change in the experience is reportedly aimed at reducing the queue time. It has not been reported if this change is temporary or permanent.

11/4/08 The new Pixie Hollow Meet and Greet at the Magic Kingdom park is introducing two unusual aspects of a Meet and Greet experience –- high degree of interactivity and very long wait times. Unlike other meet and greet locations, three groups/families are allowed in the meet and greet room with the Fairies at one time. During this visit time the Fairies play a short game with the groups/families as a whole, then meet individually with each group/family for a few minutes. This more interactive experience coupled with the novelty and popularity of the Disney Fairies characters is yielding very long wait times. Character Cast have reported that the typical wait time is currently ~90 minutes and wait times have reached as long as 3 hours.

Dinner and a Show

12/9/08 The first Guests to use the package have reported that the reserved seating is in the front section, on the right side of the theater (facing the stage). Guests have also reported that, much like the Famtasmic! package, Guests using the reserved seating must enter the theater through a separate entrance. As of the first several showings, this special entrance was reportedly not clearly marked. Guests reported that the special entrance is to the right of the main queue entrance.

11/20/08 Similar to the Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package, Disney's Animal Kingdom is scheduled to introduce a Limited Lunch Dining Package for its popular Finding Nemo: The Musical later this year. Starting December 1, 2008, Guests who make a reservation at the Tusker House Restaurant between 1:00 pm and 1:40 pm will be eligible for reserved seating for the 3:15 pm showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical on the same day as the dining reservation. After enjoying their meal, participating Guests are given a reserved seating ticket and are asked to arrive at the theater by 2:45 pm in-order to be seated in the reserved area.

Third Tweak a Charm?

12/9/08 Entertainment Cast have reported that the, still tentatively titled, Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade will debut at the Magic Kingdom park on January 23, 2009. This parade will be presented as the park’s daily afternoon parade. The changes from the first and second iterations were handled in a rolling manner with one float being removed at a time for modifications, it has not yet been reported if the transition from the second to third iterations will be handled in a similar method matter or not.

10/27/08 Entertainment Cast are reporting that a third iteration of the "Dream Come True" parade will be debuting at the Magic Kingdom in Early 2009. Cast Rehearsals for a new parade tentatively title "Celebrate Dreams Come True" have been reportedly scheduled for January 2009. Beyond some minor troupe changes the biggest changes from the second iteration will reportedly be made to the "It Was All Started with a Mouse" and the "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" floats.

Sounds Seasonal

12/9/08It has been internally announced that Disney’s Hollywood Studios park is removing the Sounds Dangerous attraction from Regular Operation and placing it on Seasonal Operation. While it is never certain when seasonally operational attraction will be open, it is likely the attraction may now only be open during the Peak Christmas/New Years, Peak Spring Break, and Peak Summer periods.

A Whirlwind of Change

12/9/08 Primeval Whirl re-opened from its refurbishment over Thanksgiving weekend. Although the refurbishment was drastic, it is now evident that it did not change the attraction experience nor thematically alter the ride. The “retro-fit” wording in the construction permits appears to have referred to the new track pieces retro-fitted into the remaining structure. Although many sections of the track were replaced (and in some areas new supports added) the design of the track was not altered. In addition to the replacement of track, Cast have reported that the rides breaking system and controls systems have all been replaced.

10/12/08 As the refurbishment of Primeval Whirl progresses, the extensiveness of the work is becoming more apparent. With much of the attraction’s track above the construction walls, it has been visible that cranes are removing large sections of the track. There have still been no details released in regard to the aim of the refurbishment.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!!
    -- Dawn

2002 ASMo
    2003 ASMo
    2005 Condo Offsite
    Jan 06 Boardwalk
    Oct 06 Orlando World Center Marriott
    Oct 07 Condo Offsite
    Jan 09 - It's my birthday!! Coronado Springs
    Nov 10 Long weekend offsite, 2 days
    Sept 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2012 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Update!

I can say I'm not sad that Sounds Dangerous is closing however I would prefer that it was replaced not just placed on seasonal.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates Jason.

I was hoping that the changes to Primeval Whirl would make it smoother and a little less jerky. It doesn't sound like the changes were in that direction thought.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

They've stopped with the game portion at Fairies for a while now. It's bad when you barely see 80 people in an hour (it sounds like a lot, but this includes parents, grandparents, infants, sleeping children, forced brothers, and any other living physical body).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    They've stopped with the game portion at Fairies for a while now. It's bad when you barely see 80 people in an hour (it sounds like a lot, but this includes parents, grandparents, infants, sleeping children, forced brothers, and any other living physical body).
    Yeah, I heard from a couple people who were down there the first week of November that the line was insane. They said it never dipped below 90 minutes or so.

Hopefully they keep the game portion out....that way when we go to WDW again the line may not be so bad. I plan to be there right at opening to get it done before I start my day at MK.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Going at Rope Drop is probably the best. Weclose their line earlier than Princesses because of the wait time...usually an hour before closing.

Right now, the times average about 70-90 minutes. Which isn't too bad if you know how it's being done. The games are down, but sometimes the girls want to have a little fun so they play on occassion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Jason. Perfect job as always.

I for one am glad they took out that portion of the fairies. It sounds to me like that would be ALOT of time taken up. I am sure it was fun and all. But there are alot of people that want to go in and 90 minute waits are just way to long. Im sure the game portion was how long? A good ten - fifteen minutes? Also depending on families that like to take their time because of the kids, so add that on top of the game portion. Makes it even worse. SO hopefully maybe they will be able to see a change in how many people they get to see. Like Capt Jessica said, 80 people in one hour is not a lot of people in that time.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates Jason!
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tidbits December 2008: Updated 12/9/08 with Parade, Refurb, Character Updates & More

Thanks for the update - always look forward to these

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    LOL

I am glad they have done away with the game, get them in and out faster. When I go I don't wanna play games hi, pic and move on.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on what is going to replace the viking ship, if anything?

Seems like they must have plans for that area or else why bother tearing it down?
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Great updates- thanks!!
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tidbits December 2008: Updated 12/9/08 with Parade, Refurb, Character Updates & More

look forwad to trying Primevil Whirl on our upcoming visit next month. Thanks Jason!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sad to see Sounds Dangerous be placed in the seasonal attractions, unlike many, we enjoy going into that show.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??