Quantcast Best days in each park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best days in each park

Does anyone have a list of best days for each park that they find reliable? I have an old Birnbaum list but I'm finding it conflicts with what is located in Intercot's Info Central. For example, Birnbaum's says Saturday is a good day for MK but Info Central says that's the worst day for MK. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

there was an interesting "trip report" on here the other day on personal experience with days in the park... They used a strategy for hitting parks on uncrowded days. I will try and find it and link it up...
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I would like it too.
    We are going from Dec 3 -10 and I keep finding conflicting advice on what park which day.
    One even says that the Sat they are filming the parade at MK is the best day to go there. WHATTTTTTTTTTTT
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Frog! I'm really interested in a "real" traveler's impressions instead of something from a book!

Post Thanks / Like

The crux of the post that Frog mentioned was that they went to the parks that had had extra magic hour the evening before and found low crowds.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, that was their plan..
    Hit the park the next day after it had it's extra magic hours at night...
    and avoid the parks that had magic hours in the morning...
    Seems like a pretty good idea!!
    Anyone else try this?? Are their any other park strategies out there??
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea! Now, if they'll just publish the May 2009 hours I'll be set! Thanks Beast and Frog for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

I must concur; I think busiest days at this point are very influenced by EMH. In general, though, we have also found MK to be very crowded on weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

We went to MK on Saturday morning on our Sept. 08 trip. It was a non-EMH morning and we were at the park before rope drop. We did our favorite attractions in Adventureland and Frontierland and went to Pecos Bill's for lunch about 11:30. We walked onto everything - even Jungle Cruise and Pirates - and had no wait to order at Pecos Bill's. As we were eating the seating areas quickly filled up. We left MK after eating, and noticed the walkways were considerably more crowded.

On another trip we were at MK on the morning they were taping the Christmas parade. We were asked did we want to be on tv but declined. Main Street was a zoo - crowded & busy with taping crews, etc - but as we got back into the park, we had ten minutes or less waits on everything we went on. Walkways were very uncrowded.

Our favorite touring guidelines are to be at the park at rope drop and leave about noon. We also have begun avoiding EMH parks. On our most recent trip I don't recall that we went to parks that had EMH the night before. Probably not as there aren't a lot of EMH choices on the off season.

Our two biggest "wish we hadn't done that"s involved arriving at a park at regular opening hours on an EMH morning and visiting Disney World during an unusually rainy week in June. The first one was a scheduling mistake on my part (pre-Intercot Info Central) and the second - can't predict the weather.

The main thing we've noticed is get there early. Sleep in the afternoon.

Enjoy!

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    I must concur; I think busiest days at this point are very influenced by EMH. In general, though, we have also found MK to be very crowded on weekends.
    I also feel EPCOT falls into this category. It is especially true during special event times like the christmas season, food and wine festival etc. I think lots of locals check out MK and EPCOT on the weekends during these special times of year.
    Past Disney Trips
    multiple times as a child all off site.
    CBR x2 as a teenager
    2004 Sept. -offsite first trip with DH and DD
    2006 May- POFQ -Grand Gatherings with the whole fam.
    2007 Dec- POFQ -with the inlaws
    2008 Dec -CSR
    2009 Sept- OKW
    2010 CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRollerMom View Post
    I also feel EPCOT falls into this category. It is especially true during special event times like the christmas season, food and wine festival etc. I think lots of locals check out MK and EPCOT on the weekends during these special times of year.
    I agree. We tend to do AKL and DHS on the weekends. They seem to be less crowded.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Default great ideas

thanks for all of these tips, i was going to ask these questions myself!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: