Quantcast rain? wrong time to go

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default rain? wrong time to go

As I have posted we will be flying into Orange County on Feb 20th. We will be going to DL on Sunday the 23rd. I having been watching weather reports and am really concerned the we will get rained out the whole time we are there. Did I totally waste our money by going this time of year?
    TRACEY

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rides that are shut down?

Which rides are closed for refurbishing in feb?
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

With the rides, click the news tab above and look under quick notes for the refurb schedule.

As for weather, first off, yeah, this is the rainy season for CA. However, any weather forecast beyond 7 days is pretty much useless. You're not under the 7 day window yet. The models just can't give good enough specifics yet for us to make accurate forecasts that far out. We can see general patterns, but nothing else. Also, most "weather" sites like Weather Channel only have a computer generated forecast which only uses 1 model, which makes it even more worthless that far out.

Having said that, I took a quick peak at the various models. Feb 20-22 look fine. Yes, Feb 23 is showing rain right now, but, again, you'll need to wait at least a week before I would be even close to comfortable calling that a "forecast". All you can really tell is that we're in an active, wetter pattern. Will it rain specifically on that day? No way to tell. I bet it rains one of those days, but it'll be a while before we know which one.

Hope that helps!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    As I have posted we will be flying into Orange County on Feb 20th. We will be going to DL on Sunday the 23rd. I having been watching weather reports and am really concerned the we will get rained out the whole time we are there. Did I totally waste our money by going this time of year?
    I LOVE rainy days at DLR! The parks are empty and it's walk-on for all the rides. February is rainy season, but the weather has been great ... you've already bought your vacation, just go with the flow! There are very few rides that close during the rain, just take a poncho and some dry shoes, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlovr9000 View Post
    Which rides are closed for refurbishing in feb?
    We keep an updated refurb list in he Disneyland Park thread ... you can check it out HERE.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I LOVE rainy days at DLR! The parks are empty and it's walk-on for all the rides.
    This used to be true, but not so much anymore. People have wisened up, toughened up, and now will stick it out. Especially with the current 2Fer deal for SoCal residents, and the poor economic state, if people have taken the time and money to GO to the parks, even if it starts raining, they STAY.

We (locals, AP holders) were there last Sunday. When we left home, there was a slight threat of rain. We brought umbrellas and rain covers for our kid's strollers. We did NOT think we'd end up needing them. We were wrong. It started raining steadily around 11am and did not let up.

We were SHOCKED at how many people were there with NO ponchos, umbrellas, or anything. Still trudging along, getting soaked. I felt bad for the kids in strollers whose parents were making little effort to keep them dry it seemed. We got a lot of envious glances when we passed people with our kids dry inside their "bubble" strollers with covers.

And, wait times were INSANE. 20-30 min averages for Fantasyland rides (outdoor lines), 45 min for Space, 60 min for Indy, 35 for Big Thunder, etc. I didn't see ANY "walk ons". This is not the norm, even on a NON rainy Sunday morning. This 2fer deal really has caused weekends to become ridiculously crowded. The rain did nothing but make the ground slippery and drive US home (since we live so close, it was an easy decision...we went so DH and DS could ride Small World, and then we were OUTTA there).

Just giving fair warning. It might rain. If it does, it will still be crowded on the weekend. So, be prepared. Bring a small travel umbrella or poncho, or be prepared to purchase a Disney poncho. It won't ruin your trip, but if it DOES rain, it will likely also be cold (for our standards...mid 50's), so bring a warm hooded sweatshirt and perhaps a light pair of gloves (nothing worse than having to hold an umbrella in the cold rain).

You'll still have a great time! DLR is awesome.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: