Quantcast Cabin Recommendation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabin Recommendation

Hi,

I would like some advice on which cabin location to request for an upcoming stay in early November, with two kids (ages 6 and 8) plus a not very active nor outdoorsey mom (me). We will have a rental car, but are not going to rent a golf cart. I would like to be close to the Chip and Dale campfire and the marina. It seems like cabin loops 2100 and 2200 are the best choices, but I am concerned about references to swampy areas - are any cabins in loops 2100 or 2200 in swampy areas? If so, then would requesting an interior cabin help? Finally, I would prefer a cabin which is not run-down (as I understand some are or were at some point).

About transportation, we are planning to take the buses/boats to the parks, so proximity to an internal bus station is important too.

All suggestions are welcome - even specific cabin numbers would be great! What should I note in my reservation request?

Thanks in advance.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There aren't any cabin loops that are close to the Marina. All the cabins are within an easy distance to a bus stop. I haven't stayed in a cabin in quite some time so can't provide any feedback on which have been refurbished recently.

In the past, I've requested a cabin that was as close as possible to the quiet pool and enjoyed being able to easily walk to that pool.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

SFTrny Guest

2100 and 2200 are your best locations for proximity to the Trading Posts. Maybe 2200 near the entrance would be best. I would also recommend 2200 if you are worried about wet surroundings. There is a water canal that runs near the one side of 2100. In general, most of the cabin loops have some "swampy" areas around them, but is usually not immediately bordering the cabins. You just don't want to go roaming around behind them.

Post Thanks / Like

All of Fort Wilderness is generally a swampy area, in fact all of WDW was a swamp before they drained it to build the parks, resorts and roads. But don't worry, there are paved walking trails everywhere in FW, and the mosquitoes won't be bad in November either, besides they spray for bugs in FW anyway. You'll have a great time no matter which cabin you get. Just be agreeable to walking if you don't rent a golf cart. There are regular buses in FW to take you anywhere you feel is too far to walk that run from early am to way late at night. We never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a bus and the bus rides are only about 5 minutes from one end to the campground to the other.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

My inlaws just stayed in the 2200 loop cabins 2 weeks ago very nice there s a pool across the street so you would be close to it and as said already bus stops are at the mouth to the loop s so buses aren't a big walk even if you are at the far end of the loop and buses run pretty regular most i waited was for buses to parks even if you just miss one they aren't more then 20 minutes the golf cart makes things faster but at a cost 57$ a day so if you don't mind waiting or walking a little i would just do that or you could bring bikes or they rent them also don't know how much but sure someone else can answer or just call the bike barn
    1 407 824 2742 they can direct you on cost and they have other things like fishingpoles,bait,canoes,etc they also have discounts if you rent for longer times usually over a week or at least thats what they do with the rental carts good luck and have fun
    1085.35 miles from Fort Wilderness
    92-Port
    93-Poly
    99-Fort
    00-Fort
    01-Fort
    02-Fort
    03-Fort
    04-Fort
    05-Fort
    06-Fort
    07-Fort
    oct. 08-Fort

Post Thanks / Like

As a many-time guest to FtW, I coose Bobcat Bend (2100). If you can, ask for 2132-2138 (check the map to make sure). These are close to a nice, short paved path to a near-by comfort station. Being close to the clean, cool, comfort stations is a must for us ( 4 teenage boys in one bathroom is NOT pretty). have a great time !
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We always request loop 2100. This area has good access to most things you are looking for.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06